Fashion Rocks 2005

Moonraker

Rumors were spreading earlier this month about David Bowie and Arcade Fire supposedly playing a song together at the 2005 Fashion Rocks show at Radio City Music Hall on Sept. 8th. Well on David Bowie's website, it has been confirmed that Bowie will be playing Arcade Fire's "Wake Up", and Arcade Fire will be playing Bowie's "Five Years". This show will be televised on CBS on Friday, Sept. 9th at 9pm, I would encourage any fan of either artist to watch this show. Well, at least thier set, you can skip over all the rest of the rubbish that is playing that night tongue.gif

Screw the other acts, I'm only watching it for Bowie and Arcade Fire. To the best of my knowledge, this is Bowie's first performance since his heart attack last year, or one of the first ones. That also is good news for hopes of another studio album and tour.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 1 2005, 04:23 AM)
Screw the other acts, I'm only watching it for Bowie and Arcade Fire. To the best of my knowledge, this is Bowie's first performance since his heart attack last year, or one of the first ones. That also is good news for hopes of another studio album and tour.

Sounds good,

Bowie was to have headlined the Oxegen festival here last year, but had the collapse in Switzerland a week before.

The day he was in surgery, I was driving down to the gig.

I hope there'll be a webcast of this.

Archived