NFL Super Bowl matchups - add your picks

HemiBeers

I'm going with Pittsburgh vs Arizona

The AFC teams all have issues and Pittsburgh is the most solid at QB. Forget about KC...they always lose in the playoffs and Reid always loses in the playoffs. Same with Cincy. I'm not going to sucker into a Peyton pick.

I just don't trust Newton in a big game. Seattle has to play 3 road games so their home field advantage is not there.

No money involved, just bragging/trolling rights.

Man...the AFC looked so strong all season, but the playoff teams left are all beat up. Gotta like the NFC's chances to win it all. That said...

KC loses to the Pats. Full strength they could get the job done, but injuries have left them at less than that. Seahawks will rebound on the road this weekend, and Arizona won't lose at home. Hard top go against the Broncos at home, especially with an injury-plagued Steelers team that shouldn't have advanced in the first place. So...

Pats beat the Broncos. Seahawks lose in the rematch. Pats beat Arizona, with Brady yelling "Goodell" over center, ala "Rex Ryan".

• Like 1

I don't want to look that far ahead yet, but this week Chandler Jones is going to go all Burfict on Travis Kelce, drawing a late helmet to helmet hit on a desperation pass in the last seconds, knocking him out and ripping his head from his shoulders, which brings another flag, and setting up a last second 21 yard field goal for the win. But Santos channels Cundiff (or is it Blair Walsh? or the ghost of Lin Elliott?) of and misses the field goal, only to be bailed out by a vaulting penalty on the Cheatriots ala 2013 vs the Jets. Riverboat Reid pulls his kicker off the field and puts the offense on the field, and from the one, eschews the run and Alex Smith breathes Russell Wilson air and throws it right to Malcolm Butler.
  • Like 1

Man...the AFC looked so strong all season, but the playoff teams left are all beat up. Gotta like the NFC's chances to win it all. That said...

KC loses to the Pats. Full strength they could get the job done, but injuries have left them at less than that. Seahawks will rebound on the road this weekend, and Arizona won't lose at home. Hard to go against the Broncos at home, especially with an injury-plagued Steelers team that shouldn't have advanced in the first place. So...

Pats beat the Broncos. Seahawks lose in the rematch. Pats beat Arizona, with Brady yelling "Goodell" over center, ala "Rex Ryan".

Three of four. Not bad. I went with my heart and didn't believe the Panther hype. I'm still not totally convinced, and things may have been different had Pete Carroll done the smart thing and kicked the field goal late in the first half, instead of going for it on 4th and 5 ( :facepalm: ).

ETA: I'll give the Panthers this, you show up unprepared and not ready to go full speed, they will tear you apart. In the first half, they destroyed a mediocre Seahawks effort.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Well my Pittsburgh pick is toast, but my Cards pick is still alive and I'm riding with that pick.

God DAMMMM that Pittsburgh-Denver game was boring :zzz:

Worst one-point game I've seen. Just bizarre.

Seahawks over it doesn't matter.

They're the best and dominated the Panthers and Vikings and are clearly the best team, which overrides the tyranny of the scoreboard.

• Like 1

Seahawks over it doesn't matter.

They're the best and dominated the Panthers and Vikings and are clearly the best team, which overrides the tyranny of the scoreboard.

The NFL is rigged man. Otherwise Brady and Belichick would be in jail for cheating.

• Like 2

Nice begging the question fallacy. Occam's Razor slices you and your puerile arguments to ribbons.

Let that butthurt flow through you.

Someone got a Wikipedia subscription for Christmas. Too bad you haven't got enough brains to use it.

• Like 1

Nice begging the question fallacy. Occam's Razor slices you and your puerile arguments to ribbons.

Someone got a Wikipedia subscription for Christmas. Too bad you haven't got enough brains to use it.

You don't have to think too much when you're a Hawkeyes fan anyway (or a Cards AND Pats fan).

Maybe that's what Bush really meant when he was talking about an Axis of Evil...

• Like 1

CAR vs PIT

ARZ vs DEN

Ummm a slight Change in plans

CAR vs NE

CAR -33, NE -28

How do you get a negative score?

You don't have to think too much when you're a Hawkeyes fan anyway (or a Cards AND Pats fan).

Maybe that's what Bush really meant when he was talking about an Axis of Evil...

He's a Spurs fan too. What are the odds? :wacko:

CAR vs PIT

ARZ vs DEN

CAR vs NE

CAR -33, NE -28

Play professional football in Miami?

Nah, not even the Cheatriots have broken zero away from the Cheathole and their MusicHead quality fans.

CAR vs PIT

ARZ vs DEN

CAR vs NE

CAR -33, NE -28

Play professional football in Miami?

Nah, not even the Cheatriots have broken zero away from the Cheathole and their MusicHead quality fans.

Are you sure? I mean, they haven't won a playoff game this century. I could easily see Goodell docking them points for being so laughably inept.