NFL Super Bowl matchups - add your picks

HemiBeers

Head to head in conference championship games, Manning 3, Brady 2.

They haven't played 5 times in conference championships.

So what's Brady's record vs Manning in the biggest game they can play against each other?

1-3. It really should be 2-2, but the Patriots' defense collapsed in January 2007.

You're not going to argue Manning is better are you?

No, it's self-evident.

You can scare Manning. After a couple of hits, he unravels. He always has. I did't like him in college because of it.

Interesting, as Brady has often been described in the same way to a larger degree.

Brady performs better than Manning in the playoffs. To a larger degree? Not from my eyeball test. Manning gets happy feet after one good hit.

Who has a better passer rating in the playoffs?

I'm not sure but Brady has had more timely throws in big games than Manning. Crowd Manning, and he's neutered. That's what will happen on Sunday.

The answer is Manning. Better in big games.

You're kidding, right?

http://www.pro-footb...0/gamelog/post/

Who has the better passer rating?

Please tell me you're kidding.

Nine "one and dones."

Manning has more untainted playoff victories.

Phew. I thought you were basing your view on some authentic analysis. I feel better now.

Who's got the better postseason playoff record? Even without cheating. Simple question.

Brady. By a hundred miles. With different receivers and running backs to boot.

Coaches under whom Manning has reached the Super Bowl: Caldwell, Dungy, Fox, and Kubiak.

Coaches who got Brady to the Super Bowl...Belichick.

And? He's about to go 1-3 in Super Bowls with the best defense in the league this time.

Just two weeks after going 3-1 against Mr. Moynihan, errr, Bundchen in AFC championship games.

Although in his defense, I heard Brady was in walking boots the week leading up to the game. I'm sure the soft silky fur had some sort of medical purpose.

• Like 1

So what's Brady's record vs Manning in the biggest game they can play against each other?

1-3. It really should be 2-2, but the Patriots' defense collapsed in January 2007.

No, it's self-evident.

You can scare Manning. After a couple of hits, he unravels. He always has. I did't like him in college because of it.

Interesting, as Brady has often been described in the same way to a larger degree.

Brady performs better than Manning in the playoffs. To a larger degree? Not from my eyeball test. Manning gets happy feet after one good hit.

I'm not sure but Brady has had more timely throws in big games than Manning. Crowd Manning, and he's neutered. That's what will happen on Sunday.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

Phew. I thought you were basing your view on some authentic analysis. I feel better now.

Who's got the better postseason playoff record? Even without cheating. Simple question.

13-13 vs. 22-9?

Those are team records.

Who was on both the 2001 and 2014 teams? Who were the Hall of Famers on offense on the 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams?

Just two weeks after going 3-1 against Mr. Moynihan, errr, Bundchen in AFC championship games.

Although in his defense, I heard Brady was in walking boots the week leading up to the game. I'm sure the soft silky fur had some sort of medical purpose.

3-1? Is that a team record?

No, it's self-evident.

You're kidding, right?

Nine "one and dones."

13-13 vs. 22-9?

Those are team records.

Who was on both the 2001 and 2014 teams? Who were the Hall of Famers on offense on the 2001, 2003 and 2004 teams?

Dilfer was better in the 2000 playoffs than Brady was in the 2001 playoffs. I also don't remember Dilfer needing a silly rule and the greatest kick ever and someone to bail him out in the AFC championship game when his team scored no points under his control.

Not to mention the taint on that and the other two championships. The contributions of the real heroes of those teams will have to remain unsung. The jealousy they must feel when Peter Henderson is recognized at the Cheathole and they aren't. But that's what they signed up for, I guess.

Dilfer was better in the 2000 playoffs than Brady was in the 2001 playoffs. I also don't remember Dilfer needing a silly rule and the greatest kick ever and someone to bail him out in the AFC championship game when his team scored no points under his control.

Not to mention the taint on that and the other two championships. The contributions of the real heroes of those teams will have to remain unsung. The jealousy they must feel when Peter Henderson is recognized at the Cheathole and they aren't. But that's what they signed up for, I guess.

Dilfer wasn't on any of the teams I mentioned. Try the question I asked you, please.

Brady took a team that started 0-2 to the Super Bowl in 2001. He led that team down the field in the closing minutes to the game winning field goal. His performance was so feeble he was named MVP. He did it again two years later.

No rational person buys the "cheaters" nonsense anymore. I can tell you with some confidence that when the accuser turns out to be a fool and a liar, the accused usually makes out OK.

Dilfer wasn't on any of the teams I mentioned. Try the question I asked you, please.

Brady took a team that started 0-2 to the Super Bowl in 2001. He led that team down the field in the closing minutes to the game winning field goal. His performance was so feeble he was named MVP. He did it again two years later.

No rational person buys the "cheaters" nonsense anymore. I can tell you with some confidence that when the accuser turns out to be a fool and a liar, the accused usually makes out OK.

145 yards is a good output for a running back, they might ride that to an MVP (like in SB VIII). Same with a WR. For a QB, it's pathetic, but then again, the Hall of Fame coach didn't trust him to do any more than that.

I think so. And you do too, when it serves your purposes.

Edited by laughedatbytime

145 yards is a good output for a running back, they might ride that to an MVP (like in SB VIII). Same with a WR. For a QB, it's pathetic, but then again, the Hall of Fame coach didn't trust him to do any more than that.

The records serve somewhat different purposes. Brady's 22-9, of course, covers a 15 season period, where, other than the head coach, he is the only constant. And while excellent, the 01-04 defenses were not the 85 Bears or the 00 Ravens. By contrast, Manning beat Brady once when the Patriots' defense coughed up a 21-3 halftime lead, and two weeks ago, Manning himself played virtually no role in the Broncos' win.

The records serve somewhat different purposes. Brady's 22-9, of course, covers a 15 season period, where, other than the head coach, he is the only constant. And while excellent, the 01-04 defenses were not the 85 Bears or the 00 Ravens. By contrast, Manning beat Brady once when the Patriots' defense coughed up a 21-3 halftime lead, and two weeks ago, Manning himself played virtually no role in the Broncos' win.

You're right. Because the defense wasn't one of the top two in the last 30 years, Brady deserves the credit (including for the tuck rule and Bledsoe pulling out the AFC Championship game when the team went scoreless with "Tom" on the field for the 2001 championship. The defense DOES however deserve credit for the loss (I think I remember they had a TD in the game, but I'm not sure) because they blew a lead to an inferior QB. And in the playoffs after the 2013 season, an admirable Brady performance almost brought the Pats back after the running game and coaching staff failed him, leading to the inferior Manning to yet another AFC Championship Game loss to Peyton. On the other hand, "Tom"'s "winner sauce" forced the law firm of Evans and Cundiff to hand him one of those Super Bowl trips, (where Wes Welker cost him the game according to football expert Gisele Bundchen) and he actually traded bodies (a trick usually reserved for lame ass movies) with Julian Edelman to lead them to last year's Super Bowl, where he telepathically forced Pete Carroll to call an idiotic play on the goal line for the interception..

All hail "Tom"!

• Like 1

You're right. Because the defense wasn't one of the top two in the last 30 years, Brady deserves the credit (including for the tuck rule and Bledsoe pulling out the AFC Championship game when the team went scoreless with "Tom" on the field for the 2001 championship. The defense DOES however deserve credit for the loss (I think I remember they had a TD in the game, but I'm not sure) because they blew a lead to an inferior QB. And in the playoffs after the 2013 season, an admirable Brady performance almost brought the Pats back after the running game and coaching staff failed him, leading to the inferior Manning to yet another AFC Championship Game loss to Peyton. On the other hand, "Tom"'s "winner sauce" forced the law firm of Evans and Cundiff to hand him one of those Super Bowl trips, (where Wes Welker cost him the game according to football expert Gisele Bundchen) and he actually traded bodies (a trick usually reserved for lame ass movies) with Julian Edelman to lead them to last year's Super Bowl, where he telepathically forced Pete Carroll to call an idiotic play on the goal line for the interception..

All hail "Tom"!

You're right. That lucky pr*ck somehow has won 22 post season games, played in 6 Super Bowls, and been the MVP of 3 of them.

Imagine if the "Fins" had taken him in one of the first 5 rounds? They might not have sh*t the bed every season this century.

Enjoy the game LABT. I think we can at least both agree that seeing Manning get his third today would be sweet.

All hail "Tom"!

You're right. That lucky pr*ck somehow has won 22 post season games, played in 6 Super Bowls, and been the MVP of 3 of them.

Imagine if the "Fins" had taken him in one of the first 5 rounds? They might not have sh*t the bed every season this century.

Enjoy the game LABT. I think we can at least both agree that seeing Manning get his third today would be sweet.

You keep referring to Manning's third Super Bowl. Is this some kind of attempt at a joke to get someone to say this is his second or something? Kind of Borowitzian (Borowitless?) if you ask me.

All hail "Tom"!

You keep referring to Manning's third Super Bowl. Is this some kind of attempt at a joke to get someone to say this is his second or something? Kind of Borowitzian (Borowitless?) if you ask me.

Mikey, picking up right where Daddy left off. Sh*tting the bed on Super Bowl Sunday. Maybe Daddy can lean on the rules committee for Mikey, for old times' sake.

Edited by Rick N. Backer