The Official KISS Thread

The Cat 3

Hey Lucas, I just read in Rolling Stone online that Alex and Eddie VH played on the original demo for Christine Sixteen, and that the solo on the album track is Ace duplicating Eddie's work. Had you heard that before?
  • Like 2

Hey Lucas, I just read in Rolling Stone online that Alex and Eddie VH played on the original demo for Christine Sixteen, and that the solo on the album track is Ace duplicating Eddie's work. Had you heard that before?

Yes, I had heard that .... I've also read Gene Simmons saying that Eddie VH approached him in 1982-83 and asked if he could join KISS, as he was fed up with DLR and Van Halen ..

Eddie was supposed to play some of the leads on the Creatures Of The Night album, but unfortunately, it never materialized

• Like 2

Saw gene simmons solo last nite. The setlist was pretty varied with alot of rarities, not gonna post . He brought many , many fans on stage , ive never seen anything like that. Worth catching if you are a fan of the band
  • Like 3

Yes, I had heard that .... I've also read Gene Simmons saying that Eddie VH approached him in 1982-83 and asked if he could join KISS, as he was fed up with DLR and Van Halen ..

Eddie was supposed to play some of the leads on the Creatures Of The Night album, but unfortunately, it never materialized

A decent article here from Rolling Stone (gasp! :) ) on Gene's 70's work with KISS and more...

http://www.rollingst...-demos-20160322

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

A decent article here from Rolling Stone (gasp! :) ) on Gene's 70's work with KISS and more...

http://www.rollingst...-demos-20160322

Cool. The only bit I had known was Gene discovering the VH bros.

• Like 1

Great voice ... great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V5M5EBxQUk

I always point to this song when defending Kiss as songwriters. They really do have an eclectic and diverse repertoire. They jump from genre to genre like very few other bands can or do. Who else does it? Think about it. It's very impressive.

I remember reading somewhere once (perhaps Circus or Cream) that Paul Stanley wrote that song with a singer like Rod Stewart in mind. Peter's vocals are in this song are great, definitely has that 70s Rod vibe.
  • Like 2

Great voice ... great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V5M5EBxQUk

I always point to this song when defending Kiss as songwriters. They really do have an eclectic and diverse repertoire. They jump from genre to genre like very few other bands can or do. Who else does it? Think about it. It's very impressive.

I remember reading somewhere once (perhaps Circus or Cream) that Paul Stanley wrote that song with a singer like Rod Stewart in mind. Peter's vocals are in this song are great, definitely has that 70s Rod vibe.

Yes, I remember that too .. Paul is very underrated as a songwriter ..

It might have been one of the box sets or in one of the autobiographies - but I recall someone talking about how Paul was going thru a Lynyrd Skynyrd phase around the time of Rock And Roll Over, and he wrote Mr Speed in a couple of minutes with that vibe in mind ..

A similar story for I Was Made For Loving You -- Paul goes to Studio 54 one night, goes home and writes a classic before he goes to sleep

Peter's vocals in Hard Luck Woman are perfect

• Like 1

I know everyone likes to trash Gene Simmons, including Paul Stanley. But I could never hate a guy who married a Canadian girl. I grew up listening to Kiss. Starchild was my user name at 2 other websites.
  • Like 3

I know everyone likes to trash Gene Simmons, including Paul Stanley. But I could never hate a guy who married a Canadian girl. I grew up listening to Kiss. Starchild was my user name at 2 other websites.

Here are two of my favourite Paul Stanley songs...great guitar playing by Paul (an underrated rhythm guitar player, in my opinion), lyrics, arrangement and vocals.

• Like 1

Here's Gene and Paul talking about it - with very different stories :LOL:

Eddie has denied it - at least saying that he "doesn't remember, but could have been so f***ed up"

http://www.vhnd.com/2014/03/11/kiss-vh-rumors/

I think Gene's ego may have embellished what actually happened. A tinge of truth on steroids.

Just got done listening to Eddie Trunk interviewing Noel monk, Van Halen manager from 78-85. He's promoting his new book on the band..I need to pick it up soon. Great from what I hear..anyway.. Trunk asked him about the Eddie joining kiss story and he knew nothing about it..said it never crossed his desk.. who knows? I'm sure a lot of stuff was done in secrecy, knowing those guys.

• Like 1

Underrated Gene

http://loudwire.com/kiss-gene-simmons-brings-african-foster-son-u-s-surgery/

Simmons and his wife Shannon Tweed took a trip to Africa to visit some of the children they sponsor.

According to KSHE, earlier this month one of those children was brought to Los Angeles to undergo leg surgery. Simmons says they are hosting his foster son Zinnah Sambolah while he is in the U.S.

“Zinnah is from Liberia – he comes from a village of 200 people,” Simmons says. “And we do a lot of charity work and Zinnah is staying with us for the whole month while he gets his operations to get his legs in shape. MendingKids.org covers the operations and the flights … look, we can all do more, especially if it doesn’t affect our lifestyles. So if you’re sitting at home and you got a few extra bucks in your pocket, you know what to do. You know how to make God smile. Come on.”

Simmons sponsors more than 1500 kids, and urges others to get involved as well: “I had to do this because children are our future. The next great mind or humanitarian could come from Africa. Because children are our responsibility, I urge you to do something. Pick up the phone and call Child Fund, or another charity organization and find out what you can do.

• Like 3

Alive II soundboard recording

There is something about the unmolested recordings that makes them better than the finished product

Ladies Room at its finest ( 7:00 )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1