aircraft models FUN

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#301 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic aircraft models, having fun.

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Did a little 'cleaning up'  on the fuselage today, plus the Ventral weapons pack and lastly, the tail cone of the fuselage. More work on the fuselage tomorrow,  and then it's on to the Main Wings!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 30 March 2018 - 09:15 PM.

Sponsored Post

#302 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic aircraft models, having fun.

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Decided I'd better get the stuff tied up in a bow and ready for the Main Wing.  painting stuff and getting ready for the largest part of the model, the main wing assembly, including both nacells and engines with main landing gear, ect.Yet to be done, [how could I forget this] the main TAIL ASSEMBLY.  Here are the main landing gear, in diecast metal, painted in white primer so later correct color acrylic paint won't flake off the metal parts.  Just finishing up stuff I can so I can move towards the Finishing of this model!

Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 01 April 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#303 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

Forgot to put the pic of the metal landing gear up...still doing stuff I can while waiting for other things are waiting to dry and such...
Posted ImageOne of the things I'm doing to speed things up down the line...Metal needs a primer so further painting down the line won't flake off.  doing some paint fixes on the Ventral weapons pack.
Posted Image

#304 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Great stuff there ORF ! :notworthy:

#305 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Thanks. Planet X-1!  I just finished up on the ventral weapons pack and the frame it hangs from. now all I have to do is insert the feeding tubes for the ammo to the 20 mm cannons and the bottom cover for the weapons pack. Then the middle and rear fuselage exept for the tail piece will be done for the fuselage.  Then comes the Tail pieces and tail cone. Then on to the Main wings and engine nacells.
Posted Image

#306 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostPlanet X-1, on 03 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is that Nigel Tufnel?
Posted Image

#307 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 05 April 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

View PostPlanet X-1, on 03 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is that Nigel Tufnel?
Posted Image
yup, greatest guitar player EVAH!!

:D

#308 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

The Ventral weapons pack attatched to the silver frame above it, and awaiting the ventral cover.
Posted Image
Posted Image And with the cover...hasn't been glued yet...will soon.
Posted Image

#309 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Tore the cockpit apart, and am waiting to completely re-do it when the sprues I re-bought get here by the end of this week.I realized I'd mis built it when I went to add the inside nose assembly cover where the armor pilot gets protected and the gunsight sits didn't sit right where it should, and here are the instructions to show you what parts I'm talking about and how they should sit.
Posted Image

The Nose Armor plate and the fold down Armor plate [which folds down on the actual aircraft] will NOT sit down flat like it should because of out of place parts in the forward cockpit area.  This will be rectified!
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 09 April 2018 - 08:12 PM.

#310 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Now that I'm Back, I must catch everyone up to what I've been up to.  The new sprues are here, And I've been rebuilding the cockpit area and doing some things I didn't the first time.  Including painting the pistol holders on either side front on the left side, rear on the right side
Posted ImageNeat addition to this model, I thought!
Posted Image

#311 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

The re-build of the cockpit area goes on...
Posted Image
Posted ImageThe red handle to the left center is the ejection seat release for the radio/radar operator.
Posted Image for details, levers and such, the front cockpit area

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 22 April 2018 - 04:00 PM.

#312 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

I'm going through parts from the new sprues I received Last week, and also the first ones I did, and seeing where the process I used would be improved.  It's making me VERY HAPPY!  Doing the flight deck over has proven extremely GOOD for me!  Gas and Groceries tomorrow, but may get back to model later in day.
Posted Image

#313 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Haven't gotten back yet. Just purchased Vallejo Chrome paint for the 'oleo'  joints on the landing gear on the Z-M He 219 A-0
Posted ImageThe siver part is the part that needs primer, then the chome that's on the way later this week.
This part acts like a 'Shock absorber' for the landing gear strut and there are 'oleo' parts to all landing gear struts.
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 29 April 2018 - 02:44 PM.

#314 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Crazy detail! I like the cockpit control decals.  :)

#315 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

wow.  I have to slow down....My brain is NOT connecting the dots... Planet X-1, the details are acheived by Photo Etch sheets.  ultra thin sheets of  brass or sometimes Steel or tin sheets etched with chemicals and then painted to enhance appearences of details in the space they are in. Heres a sheet with a ruler to show the sixe
Posted Image
:banana:

#316 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7747 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Up to date photos...
ZM He 219 A-0 Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
First photo is the flight deck bottom, The red globular parts are compressed air containers for the ejection seats.The second pic, the red painted handle in the Radar/radio operator's area next to the radar viewing hoods is the handle used to eject the Radar/Radio operator's seat.  Also, the long red bar next to the Pilot's seat on the armrest console is the lever for ejecting the Pilot's seat.
Posted Image

#317 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1949 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

We need an update

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aircraft, models, FUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users