My Hobby....Models!

OldRUSHfan

I'm going to go on with the P-61 B... it's just a thing...

:banana:

A DAMNED HARD THING!!! PE work is NOT EASY!!! GRRRRR EqgigUb.gifeCGjAWW.gif8GJJgP1.gif

G0CO757.gif

This evening has proven that. Most of the PE parts have been done without. Pisses me off, but I NEED MORE INSTRUCTION on how to manipulate PE parts... I KNOW I'll need to know how to do it without ruining the parts maybe I need some more tools. Maybe working on these Zoukei Mura models will tell me how to do this part of the building process...

G0CO757.gif

Here I Go with the Zoukei-Mura first Shinden. Here's what the'Concept Book' looks like for real...

Dp7Kcfs.jpgF7sN1vM.jpg

If I could really zoom, I could show you the words beneath the pictures that basically spoon-feed you how to assemble the model. Hints, Tips, color instructions and other stuff that help to finish the model superbly!

G0CO757.gif

I've had to be a little creative with my paint assembly techniques with this model. Zoukei-Mura gave me all I needed except the actual colors they used for things. Meaning, I had to look up the Numbers of Vallejo paints, which I looked up on the web to get the exact colors to use. Really opened my eyes up a bit about how other companies 're-arrange' the names of their color names. RUST in Testors Model Master paints is a light red brown,which is what AIRfix indicated Japanese Navy planes used this color to color the Rear of propellers on their aircraft. Chrome silver for the front of their propellers. With the Zoukei-Mura model the color of the propeller and propeller hub [the pointed cover covering the center of the propeller is Burnt Umber, or dark reddish brown,

ur3ZHeW.jpg

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Another First. I washed my model! The Zoukei-Mura Shinden has been washed in luke warm water and dish detergent. This removes an agent used to remove the plastic part sprues from the molds they're made in. This supposedly helps paint to adhere to the model parts and helps the finish look better. We'll See!

G0CO757.gif

The first pics of the assembly process of the Zoukei-Mura J7W1 Shinden aircraft model.

u3Vwghm.jpg

This is the two push rod units for the two 9 cylider units of the main engine, one of the nine cylinder units next to them.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 3

The Shinden main engine assembly [not finished yet] sitting in my hobby vise, letting the glue dry. It's been 24 hrs. Time for more assemblies to be added.

9TqecV7.jpg?1

G0CO757.gif

• Like 3

The Main engine [THEIR naming] is now completed(drying glue), on to the rest of the engine assembly. [the extended mobile axle, propeller and such.]

G0CO757.gif

Assembled the final ring that encircles the Supercharger unit wrong, now that part is fixed, and the Supercharger unit has been installed.

djq2DmI.jpg?1

FvubfXX.jpg?1

G0CO757.gif

• Like 3

The silver ring you see in between the engine cylindders and the blue-grey superchargers is the silver ring I didn't glue correctly. I let it 'dry' for 24 hours, and it wasn't even located correctly. I reseated it and let it dry most of today. Then I seated the super charger unit, and proceeded with the extended axle part of the engine, and am almost done with that part. Zoukei-Mura also gives you a place to download instructions in english for us who desperately need them!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 2

This stuff takes time...LOTS of it to do it correctly, and that's HARD when you're getting to be a KLUTZ! ya gotta be extra CAREFUL! Everything in my world is getting slower and slower...

W5jJjUB.gif

More stuff from today. a few more parts to add before I move on to the cockpit and seat belt area. Here are the parts for the seat harness...

8KG83zu.jpgThe Metal part sheet is 1 inch by just under a half inch The main belts are dk tan and the white one is linen color

U8smkMG.jpgHere are the instructions in english for the seat harness.Tiny stuff like this are handled by my jeweler's specks here...

okp8FTd.jpg?1

G0CO757.gif

• Like 2

This is going to be TOUGH. I'm receiving a Zoukei-Mura Heinkel He 219 A-0 Uhu [Eagle OWL in German] night interceptor aircraft later today, and I'm excited! This is another of my 'odd' aircraft from WW II. but this one is not a 'Way It Looks' type, it's a 'things that brought the aircraft to life' type of plane. Certain people in the Technical areas of the Nazi gvmt didn't want to face the fact that night fighters needed to be brought to the fore quickly, and These tech people thinking they knew what Germany needed better than anyone else [surprising, right?]They didn't like the fact that Ernst Heinkel was indeed utilizing foreign design ideas to full effect of producing the best design ideas for the German aircraft industry.The nose wheel, [tricycle landing gear] and other innovations, but they also chose to use any influence they could to get in the way of Heinkel and his company. Everyone who has looked at the history of German aviation knows the people Hitler had in charge were almost complete idiots. and contributed to Germany's losing the war in Europe./Africa.g This Plane is the pinnacle of the Night interceptor genre of aircraft in the 1940s, along with the Northrop P-61 from America. anyway, here it is...

PwSvX0b.jpg

B8R0FjV.jpg

This is what I mean by DETAIL. Zoukei-Mura actually puts THE WING SPARS INTO THEIR MODELS! Usually this stuff is left OUT of most models. Too Cool, huh?

Pics when It comes home to DADDY!

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

I'm also interested to see what the Radar operator's instruments area looks like...

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

I've done two Tamiya He 219s, and started a 1/32 Revell 219 A-7 [A-5 (late A-2)] I REALLY LOVE this aircraft!

G0CO757.gif

And HERE IT IS!

UDDDd2B.jpg

All the stuff that 'comes with' as it were... The assembly instruction book, the PE and Paper [seatbelts] and 'extra' parts' metal parts, landing gear struts, guns, radar antennas, Etcetra.

and the Radar operatior's area is much different from the Tamiya one, Z-M doesn't tell you what to paint the screens in the radar operator's area, but I already know that! All I'm waiting for now is the"Concept" book that was such a help with the Shin Den. They told me a reprint is in the works...Can't wait for that, the historical information is top notch!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 3

Still scared to finish the seat belts. I finally bought the wood glue yesterday, but still scared to finish the project.

HCDob5b.gif

• Like 1

Still scared to finish the seat belts. I finally bought the wood glue yesterday, but still scared to finish the project.

HCDob5b.gif

You can do it! You're the model expert! I know the feeling, though, a little like when I have to use my sewing machine to applique or quilt a difficult area. It helps to pick a day when you have few distractions.

• Like 3

HCDob5b.gif

You can do it! You're the model expert! I know the feeling, though, a little like when I have to use my sewing machine to applique or quilt a difficult area. It helps to pick a day when you have few distractions.

Bless you, blueschica! I'm going to attempt it today VERRRRRRY SLOWLY and CAREFULLY!!!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

This is awesome, great job! I work part time evenings and Saturdays at Hobby Lobby and we sell lots of models (along with the model paint, brushes, etc..) :)
  • Like 2

That's AWESOME, Leanne! This post is for size comparison for folks to understand my job. Zoukei-Mura Kyushu J7W1 Shin Den Seat harness for pilot.

hKyNNio.jpgThis is the size of the paper I'm cutting and assembling. PE parts also TEENSIE WEENSIE!

G0CO757.gif

• Like 3

HCDob5b.gif

Bless you, blueschica! I'm going to attempt it today VERRRRRRY SLOWLY and CAREFULLY!!!

G0CO757.gif

That's AWESOME, Leanne! This post is for size comparison for folks to understand my job. Zoukei-Mura Kyushu J7W1 Shin Den Seat harness for pilot.

hKyNNio.jpgThis is the size of the paper I'm cutting and assembling. PE parts also TEENSIE WEENSIE!

G0CO757.gif

Wow! Now I understand why you're nervous. Good luck, I know that section will come out great for you!

• Like 1

Here's the PE parts for that...

twVRme3.jpg

And Thanks again, bc!!!

G0CO757.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Just found out that I can install the belt harness AFTER installation to the cockpit part the seat is attached to. going to put off the seat harness until the cockpit is finished. Going to study the instruction sheet some more. gonna let the seat dry tonight. Pics go on.

G0CO757.gif

• Like 1

Just found out that I can install the belt harness AFTER installation to the cockpit part the seat is attached to. going to put off the seat harness until the cockpit is finished. Going to study the instruction sheet some more. gonna let the seat dry tonight. Pics go on.

G0CO757.gif

ORFie, (and anyone else), I thought you might enjoy this newspaper article about a neighborhood dad and good friend. I was lucky enough to grow up a few blocks from Mr. Crouse and family. He made models for years; mostly ships and ships in bottles. My dad has a beautiful "tall ship" clipper ship in a bottle that took ages to make! Sadly, Dave passed away a year after this article was written, but his ships are still around to spur great memories! The one article photo of drawings and notes reminded me of your directions for your complicated models!

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yournorthhills/yournorthhillsmore/7759386-74/crouse-model-ships

• Like 1