Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

Awesome, ORFie!  :D

Sponsored Post

#222 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic aircraft models, having fun.

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

Here's the new arrival, The Zoukie-Mura Dornier Do 335 A-12, Two seat trainer version, and eventually Radar version.Posted Image
Posted Image

#223 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic aircraft models, having fun.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!  Mine is complete, until Christmas day dinner at my sister's house! They arrived today, the Zoukei-Mura Kyuku J7W1 Shinden (two of them) and the extra parts for Both and the Do 335 A-12 extra parts also!
Posted ImageThe book in front of the smaller J7W1 box, is the Concept booklet which tells you everything you need to do and have to make the model. Start to finish.  I wish all models came like this.  Model building is not for dummies unles you buy a Zuokei-Mura model!
All the stuff I need is here now. For all four models. Step by step instructions, PE and White metal parts, Decals...all the paint and most of the tools! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Posted Image

#224 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

Back to an update on the HOBBYBOSS P-61 B...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

The flight deck update for the forward deck. The long tube to the right on the floor is the defrost main path and the rest is ventilation tubes for the Pilot, main gunner and rear crewman.  I found this info from the original Pilot's Manual from Northrop for the P-61 A and B.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#225 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

I'm going to go on with the P-61 B... it's just a thing...
:banana:

#226 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 14 December 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

I'm going to go on with the P-61 B... it's just a thing...
:banana:

A DAMNED HARD THING!!!  PE work is NOT EASY!!!  GRRRRR Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#227 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

This evening has proven that. Most of the PE parts have been done without. Pisses me off, but I NEED MORE INSTRUCTION on how to manipulate PE parts... I KNOW I'll need to know how to do it without ruining the parts maybe I need some more tools. Maybe working on these Zoukei Mura models will tell me how to do this part of the building process...
Posted Image

#228 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

Here I Go with the Zoukei-Mura first Shinden. Here's what the'Concept Book' looks like for real...
Posted ImagePosted Image

If I could really zoom, I could show you the words beneath the pictures that basically spoon-feed you how to assemble the model.  Hints, Tips, color instructions and other stuff that help to finish the model superbly!
Posted Image

#229 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

I've had to be a little creative with my paint assembly techniques with this model.  Zoukei-Mura gave me all I needed except the actual colors they used for things.  Meaning, I had to look up the Numbers of Vallejo paints, which I looked up on the web to get the exact colors to use. Really opened my eyes up a bit about how other companies 're-arrange' the names of their color names.  RUST in Testors Model Master paints is a light red brown,which is what AIRfix indicated Japanese Navy planes used this color to color the Rear of propellers on their aircraft. Chrome silver for the front of their propellers. With the Zoukei-Mura model the color of the propeller and propeller hub [the pointed cover covering the center of the propeller is Burnt Umber, or dark reddish brown,
Posted Image
Posted Image

#230 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Another First.  I washed my model!  The Zoukei-Mura Shinden has been washed in luke warm water and dish detergent.  This removes an agent used to remove the plastic part sprues from the molds they're made in. This supposedly helps paint to adhere to the model parts and helps the finish look better.  We'll See!
Posted Image

#231 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

The first pics of the assembly process of the Zoukei-Mura J7W1 Shinden aircraft model.
Posted Image

This is the two push rod units for the two 9 cylider units of the main engine, one of the nine cylinder units next to them.
Posted Image

#232 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

The Shinden main engine assembly [not finished yet] sitting in my hobby vise, letting the glue dry.  It's been 24 hrs.  Time for more assemblies to be added.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#233 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

The Main engine [THEIR naming] is now completed(drying glue), on to the rest of the engine assembly. [the extended mobile axle, propeller and such.]
Posted Image

#234 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Assembled the final ring that encircles the Supercharger unit wrong, now that part is fixed, and the Supercharger unit has been installed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#235 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

The silver ring you see in between the engine cylindders and the blue-grey superchargers is the silver ring I didn't glue correctly.  I let it 'dry' for 24 hours, and it wasn't even located correctly.  I reseated it and let it dry most of today. Then I seated the super charger unit, and proceeded with the extended axle part of the engine, and am almost done with that part. Zoukei-Mura also gives you a place to download instructions in english for us who desperately need them!
Posted Image

#236 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

This stuff takes time...LOTS of it to do it correctly, and that's HARD when you're getting to be a KLUTZ!  ya gotta be extra CAREFUL!  Everything in my world is getting slower and slower...
Posted Image

#237 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

More stuff from today. a few more parts to add before I move on to the cockpit and seat belt area.  Here are the parts for the seat harness...
Posted ImageThe Metal part sheet is 1 inch by just under a half inch The main belts are dk tan and the white one is linen color
Posted ImageHere are the instructions in english for the seat harness.Tiny stuff like this are handled by my jeweler's specks here...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#238 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

This is going to be TOUGH. I'm receiving a Zoukei-Mura Heinkel He 219 A-0 Uhu [Eagle OWL in German] night interceptor aircraft later today, and I'm excited!  This is another of my 'odd' aircraft from WW II.  but this one is not a 'Way It Looks' type, it's a 'things that brought the aircraft to life' type of plane. Certain people in the Technical areas of the Nazi gvmt didn't want to face the fact that night fighters needed to be brought to the fore quickly, and These tech people thinking they knew what Germany needed better than anyone else [surprising, right?]They didn't like the fact that Ernst Heinkel was indeed utilizing foreign design ideas to full effect of producing the best design ideas for the German aircraft industry.The nose wheel, [tricycle landing gear] and other innovations, but they also chose to use any influence they could to get in the way of Heinkel and his company.  Everyone who has looked at the history of German aviation knows the people Hitler had in charge were almost complete idiots.  and contributed to Germany's losing the war in Europe./Africa.g This Plane is the pinnacle of the Night interceptor genre of aircraft in the 1940s, along with the Northrop P-61 from America.  anyway, here it is...
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is what I mean by DETAIL. Zoukei-Mura actually puts THE WING SPARS INTO THEIR MODELS!  Usually this stuff is left OUT of most models. Too Cool, huh?
Pics when It comes home to DADDY!
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 09 January 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#239 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

I'm also interested to see what the Radar operator's instruments area looks like...
Posted Image

#240 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 7709 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

I've done two Tamiya He 219s, and started a 1/32 Revell 219 A-7 [A-5 (late A-2)] I REALLY LOVE this aircraft!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aircraft, models, FUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users