Lemmy is dead

bathory

No more Motorhead albums. :boohoo:

Yeah, sux hard huh...well I know what's gonna be played for a while.

I hope they don't try and put together a fake Motorhead band like they had with Thin Lizzy a few years back. How can you have Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott? And how can you have Motorhead without Lemmy? You absolutely can't.

• Like 7

Was never a Motorhead fan but Lemmy was hugely influencial in my favorite genre of music. He lived the hard rock and roll life with no apologies and was the very definition of a rock legend. Thought he would end up outliving us all.

RIP

• Like 1

I called it. I f***ing knew it was going to happen..... I knew by how deathly thin he looked in the beginning of this year when he performed onstage with the Foo Fighters, that if he made the entire year I'd be surprised....It's sad to see that I was right :(

We lost two very good bassists this year to cancer, Lemmy and Chris Squire of Yes...

No more Motorhead albums. :boohoo:

Yeah, sux hard huh...well I know what's gonna be played for a while.

I hope they don't try and put together a fake Motorhead band like they had with Thin Lizzy a few years back. How can you have Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott? And how can you have Motorhead without Lemmy? You absolutely can't.

That would be awful.

• Like 1

I called it. I f***ing knew it was going to happen..... I knew by how deathly thin he looked in the beginning of this year when he performed onstage with the Foo Fighters, that if he made the entire year I'd be surprised....It's sad to see that I was right :(

I think many thought he didn't have long this year. I dissed the last album a bit but I'm still thankful he kept plugging away. The 1916 tour will always remain.

We lost two very good bassists this year to cancer, Lemmy and Chris Squire of Yes...

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/200wtf_zps8860ce38.gif

• Like 4

Sad news, indeed.

I agree with the fact that he lived his life on his own terms.

Can't help but celebrate that.

I'm leaving work, stopping for a bottle of Jack and will be drinking to his memory tonight.

Rest in peace Lemmy. :(

Wow, this was quite a big final sucker punch from 2015. This is a big shock, I always saw Lemmy as one of those indestructible legends like Keith Richards. I know he wasn't doing too good in September but thought that was more of an isolated incident. And Bad Magic is one of the best things they've done since Bastards. RIP Lemmy
  • Like 1