Lemmy is dead

bathory

This was my introduction to Motorhead. Had to find out more about this band. Big fan of The Young Ones and Bottom.

So like 1984 then?

...about a year later, I think. MTV ran these guys in a marathon all summer. I had just graduated high school. Looked up Lemmco.'s music and have been a fan since.

This was my introduction to Motorhead. Had to find out more about this band. Big fan of The Young Ones and Bottom.

So like 1984 then?

...about a year later, I think. MTV ran these guys in a marathon all summer. I had just graduated high school. Looked up Lemmco.'s music and have been a fan since.

So you're about the same age as me then?

I don't really want to make a list. I think it's morbid to say "it's gonna suck when 'rock star name' dies".

But there are a bunch of guys who's passings will invoke similar strong reactions. I'm not going to name names... here's 10 of them.

1) Influential songwriter and bass player from the 60's, one of 2 left from his band.

2) The guitar player who arguably invented Heavy Metal.

3) 2's singer. One of 2's singers is alredy gone.

4) The guitar player from that other heavy band that started in the 60's and carried on until the end of the 70's.

5) 4's singer.

6) The guitar player with the flaming fretboard, who's band got their break in 77... California.

7) A singer from Birmingham who used to have about 5 octaves. Still has about 3.

8) One sourpussed drummer from Canada. (I really think he's the 1 of the 3 who will get the biggest reaction)

9) A certain schoolboy guitarist from Australia.

10) A very influential guitar player who is a peer of 4 - mostly plays blues now rather than his older material.

Necroposting. I found this wile searching for something else.

6 come to pass, sadly. EVH.

9's brother.

Kind of sad about 8...... f**k. Me. Did I actually call it back then??? :(

3. I'm referring to Ozzy there. He's probably not long for this world at this point. The other singer I alluded to was Ronnie.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I don't really want to make a list. I think it's morbid to say "it's gonna suck when 'rock star name' dies".

But there are a bunch of guys who's passings will invoke similar strong reactions. I'm not going to name names... here's 10 of them.

1) Influential songwriter and bass player from the 60's, one of 2 left from his band.

2) The guitar player who arguably invented Heavy Metal.

3) 2's singer. One of 2's singers is alredy gone.

4) The guitar player from that other heavy band that started in the 60's and carried on until the end of the 70's.

5) 4's singer.

6) The guitar player with the flaming fretboard, who's band got their break in 77... California.

7) A singer from Birmingham who used to have about 5 octaves. Still has about 3.

8) One sourpussed drummer from Canada. (I really think he's the 1 of the 3 who will get the biggest reaction)

9) A certain schoolboy guitarist from Australia.

10) A very influential guitar player who is a peer of 4 - mostly plays blues now rather than his older material.

Necroposting. I found this wile searching for something else.

6 come to pass, sadly. EVH.

9's brother.

Kind of sad about 8...... f**k. Me. Did I actually call it back then??? :(

3. I'm referring to Ozzy there. He's probably not long for this world at this point. The other singer I alluded to was Ronnie.

Weird, huh? This is what's gonna happen the next couple of decades. Hell, I nearly died in this time period. We all gotta go sometime.