The Americans

toscanobarga

it's a great show, really involving! sometimes painful to watch in the grand tradition of a show like breaking bad where you can hardly stand it but you NEED to know what happens next, and the moral complexity is unprecedented in a mainstream tv show.
  • Like 1

Love this show......

So after last night's episode 5-18-2016, I got to thinking.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THOSE NOT CAUGHT UP

When Clark and Martha were married, how do the parents not have a photo of Clark?

I mean, this is the parents ONLY child getting married at the older age of 33-40 years of age and no one takes a picture of the couple? Having lived in the 80's, everyone took a camera to a wedding.

So when Martha's father is talking to Stan, how was this oddity not addressed? I feel once the initial investigation happened this would have been one of the 1st questions for the parents (which we never saw) but I feel this is an oversight from the production. I remember Clark telling Martha to hide the photos(of them) in HER apartment, but I don't remember this being addressed AT the wedding. Am I wrong to think these parents would not object to taking/ having zero photographs of their only child's wedding??

Yes I have too much free time on my hands...

Also, the Gadd storyline really threw me- What value is he now? He's retired? And they were not there to threaten him....

Now let's jam some Sting

FX has picked the show up for 2 more Seasons

http://money.cnn.com...linkId=24876854

Excellent. I'm loving this season so far and am glad for two more. I hope the writers have an ending in mind and will not make any meaningless, filler episodes to kill time, but judging how awesome it's been so far, I think they'll wrap it up nicely in 26 episodes. The next "holy shit" moment is certain to be when Stan finally discovers who they are. I'm guessing that will be season 5's finale, with season 6 being the manhunt.

Edited by GrandDesigner

Series finale tonight. 6 seasons strong. This season feels a bit rushed as they ramp up to the fate of the Jennings family. I'm used to the slow-burn story telling of this show, so maybe it's just me. The 3 year time jump was handled well for the most part.

It has a chance at being my #1 all time if they end things in a compelling and satisfying fashion.

• Like 1

Series finale tonight. 6 seasons strong. This season feels a bit rushed as they ramp up to the fate of the Jennings family. I'm used to the slow-burn story telling of this show, so maybe it's just me. The 3 year time jump was handled well for the most part.

It has a chance at being my #1 all time if they end things in a compelling and satisfying fashion.

I need to get back into the show. I watched one episode a couple of weeks ago, but need to catch up. Tonight, maybe...?
  • Like 1

I need to get back into the show. I watched one episode a couple of weeks ago, but need to catch up. Tonight, maybe...?

How far are you into the show, goose? I've watched since the beginning. I'd like to re-watch the first couple of seasons though.