Xanadu vs Xanadu vs Xanadu

YYZumbi

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like best?

• Xanadu (studio version)
    • Xanadu (Exit... Stage Left)
    • Xanadu (R40 Live)

Normally I say studio, but in this case, I honestly love the Exit...Stage Left version.

It's all tinkly and pretty.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Broon's Bane > The Trees > Xanadu. ESL by a huge margin. On the studio version the master tape is sped up and Geddy's vocals border on chipmunk territory in spots. The intro is kinda sterile too: Alex's volume swells weren't executed with as much patience and don't have near enough delay and reverb like the later versions and the keyboards are too thin and unrefined. They figured out how to play this song better over time.
  • Like 1

I like the studio version the best and even more so since I time-corrected it so it's in the correct key. It sounds awesome.

What you mean?

I mean the studio version was sped up. I time corrected it so it's in A440 (standard pitch) like it's supposed to be.

• Like 1

I like the studio version the best and even more so since I time-corrected it so it's in the correct key. It sounds awesome.

What you mean?

I mean the studio version was sped up. I time corrected it so it's in A440 (standard pitch) like it's supposed to be.

And it sounds better than ever. You ought to see if you can put it on here so others can hear it. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What you mean?

And it sounds better than ever. You ought to see if you can put it on here so others can hear it. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Not sure how I would do that.