Who here actually saw Star Wars Episode IV in 1977?

Maverick

Can only speak for my mother. She saw it in '77 when she was 8 years old and she's been a complete Star Wars geek as long as I remember. Dad saw it too but isn't a total geek.

I'm heading home for winter break this Friday and my mom and I are planning on seeing it together. I was on the phone with her yesterday and she's already worried there will be another Jar Jar type character :LOL:

• Like 2

I saw it in the theatre in Arkansas, June of 1977; my family used to spend summers with my grandparents there. It had only been out about 2 or 3 weeks. Life in the ARK countryside was SLOW . . . , we would have gone to a Wal-Mart grand opening with excitement, so seeing an excellent movie was really awesome. I will second Toymaker- -Thanks, Mom!!
  • Like 1

And a question for all you guys who saw it in 1977 like I did- do you still call it "Star Wars"? I do, that's all it was called then!! My son is always insisting it is called "A New Hope" or "Star Wars- A New Hope" . I can't get used to that . . . . :blink:
  • Like 4

And a question for all you guys who saw it in 1977 like I did- do you still call it "Star Wars"? I do, that's all it was called then!! My son is always insisting it is called "A New Hope" or "Star Wars- A New Hope" . I can't get used to that . . . . :blink:

Nah, it's just Star Wars. :)

• Like 3

I did. I remember standing In a line that stretched a good 1/4 of a mile to see it on opening day.

That was me seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark on the Fourth of July!

I saw that a couple of weeks after it came out with my parents. My dad especially wanted to see it so we went together.

• Like 1

Star Wars! Saw is the friday night after it opened with my Mom and Dad and Sister. Saw it 10 times that first year--our theater would let kids in for 75 cents on a Saturday and they would let you watch the movie multiple times, once I watched it 4 times in a row.

Proud Star Wars dork ever since.

Thanks Mom and Dad

• Like 3

Star Wars! Saw is the friday night after it opened with my Mom and Dad and Sister. Saw it 10 times that first year--our theater would let kids in for 75 cents on a Saturday and they would let you watch the movie multiple times, once I watched it 4 times in a row.

Thanks Mom and Dad

I saw it something like 6 or 7 times that first year.

Edited by EagleMoon

Thanks Mom and Dad

So far you are winning this thread!

I saw it back then.

My first job was bagging groceries in a local place. My motivation was to make my own money to go see Star Wars because my parents thought it was dumbe to see the same film more than once.

Kind of the template for my life, really. Screw you, i'll do it my way on my own coin.

• Like 2