camera eye best version

Anthemic

best version of camera eye  

33 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favorite lens

• studio track
    • time machine tour
    • r40 live

time machine version. studio version sounds so bland to me now compared to that. there are some different sounds in the r40 version that i really dig and hearing al pull off that solo is always a thrill but the time machine performance takes it for all-time ferocity.

When watching the Exit...Stage Left video, I'm always disappointed that it cuts off after the intro, just when I'm really getting into it. Edited by Your_Lion

The bass track is so well pronounced on the studio version especially during the bridge absolutely amazing use of Ged's "little noisy bastard" the live albums the bass is good but a bit more muddled and the arrangement in the bridge a bit restructured. So for that reason I went with the studio version :geddy:
  • Like 1

Time Machine Tour for me, if only because I was at the first concert on that tour essentially meaning I was one of the first to hear it live for the first time. :D

you mean live for the first time on that tour ;)

i didn't even like it until i saw it a bunch of times on that tour and i think the time machine recording of it is GREAT.

• Like 1

Time Machine Tour for me, if only because I was at the first concert on that tour essentially meaning I was one of the first to hear it live for the first time. :D

They played it in 81

Aw shoot. They said they had never played it live but I suppose it was another case like Jacob's Ladder.

They played it in 81

Aw shoot. They said they had never played it live but I suppose it was another case like Jacob's Ladder.

They actually played it on both the Moving Pictures and Signals tours. So I would guess around '83 was the last time previous to Time Machine.

• Like 1

They played it in 81

They actually played it on both the Moving Pictures and Signals tours. So I would guess around '83 was the last time previous to Time Machine.

Wasn't it Neil in an interview who forgot The Camera Eye was played live before? And then of course Geddy forgetting about JL...blows my mind. Compare that indifference to how serious the fans take these details to heart. :LOL:

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 1

R40 Live - so glad that I got to be at the show where it was recorded. It was a magic night. The first thing I said after I left that show is that the live album should've been recorded there.... Kansas City...best place to see Rush outside of Cleveland. Alex's guitar tone was fantastic on the verses. Edited by DistantEarlySignals