Signals vs Fly By Night

AnEggplant

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

People like to poop on Counterparts but I must say I don't know how Counterparts is worse than Signals.

This seems like a pretty arbitrary gripe. I'm not sure why one needs to have anything to do with the other.

In any event, I love both Signals and Counterparts, and I count both among my five favorite Rush albums. But I could understand why people would find a song like Losing It to be more emotionally affecting than anything on Counterparts; or find more to relate to in a song like Subdivisions than in anything on Counterparts; or prefer the guitar/synth combination of Signals to the grungy sound of Counterparts; or prefer the guitar solos in songs like The Analog Kid, Chemistry, and The Weapon to any of the leads on Counterparts; or appreciate the drum/synth breaks on Signals; or find the Signals lyrics generally to be more interesting and less ham-handed than the Counterparts lyrics...

I could go on. I'm not saying I would necessarily agree with all of that stuff. But I wouldn't find any of it to be particularly perplexing either.

• Like 3

Fly By Night for me. I love the music on both, but FBN was my first introduction to Rush, so it wins on an emotional level and I lean a bit more towards the 70's era songs as well (not counting Rivendell . . )
  • Like 1

People like to poop on Counterparts but I must say I don't know how Counterparts is worse than Signals.

This seems like a pretty arbitrary gripe. I'm not sure why one needs to have anything to do with the other.

In any event, I love both Signals and Counterparts, and I count both among my five favorite Rush albums. But I could understand why people would find a song like Losing It to be more emotionally affecting than anything on Counterparts; or find more to relate to in a song like Subdivisions than in anything on Counterparts; or prefer the guitar/synth combination of Signals to the grungy sound of Counterparts; or prefer the guitar solos in songs like The Analog Kid, Chemistry, and The Weapon to any of the leads on Counterparts; or appreciate the drum/synth breaks on Signals; or find the Signals lyrics generally to be more interesting and less ham-handed than the Counterparts lyrics...

I could go on. I'm not saying I would necessarily agree with all of that stuff. But I wouldn't find any of it to be particularly perplexing either.

True, it's all opinion. A lot of people can't understand why I like Clockwork Angels so much. I was stating what I said as a matter of opinion. I wasn't trying to be objective although I did say it in a rather poor way. Sorry about that. :)

• Like 1

True, it's all opinion. A lot of people can't understand why I like Clockwork Angels so much. I was stating what I said as a matter of opinion. I wasn't trying to be objective although I did say it in a rather poor way. Sorry about that. :)

I hear lots of good in CA, it just doesn't blow me away at all...it did, but its charms wore off and they just don't seem to wanna come back!

• Like 1

Signals and it's not even a question.

Mick

BUT IT IS!

No fraroc it ain't, lol

I mean Segue.

Mick

*holds back from certain unPC Fray Fray jokes*

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

I hear lots of good in CA, it just doesn't blow me away at all...it did, but its charms wore off and they just don't seem to wanna come back!

That's okay. I mean, you're wrong, but it's all good. ;)

• Like 1

Hehehehehehe...it's an album I have a lot of respect for. It's done them wonders and helped me get stuck in!

• Like 1

Hehehehehehe...it's an album I have a lot of respect for. It's done them wonders and helped me get stuck in!

At least you see the good in it. I personally am not a big fan of Hold Your Fire but I can see why many would consider it a masterpiece. There really is a lot of good composition on it.

• Like 1

Fly By Night and it's not even a question.

Mick

Fixed. ;)

Mick is gonna take you out fam, gonna bust up your blood!

Keep hold of your teeth...they will be all that remains of your identity

• Like 1

At least you see the good in it. I personally am not a big fan of Hold Your Fire but I can see why many would consider it a masterpiece. There really is a lot of good composition on it.

We should just fall out like everyone else does haha!

YOU SUUUUUUCK

• Like 1

Fly By Night and it's not even a question.

Mick

Fixed. ;)

Mick is gonna take you out fam, gonna bust up your blood!

Keep hold of your teeth...they will be all that remains of your identity

I must disguise myself to survive.

2711429426_122a26c4fd_o_d.jpg

...never mind, I suppose flight is my only hope.

:outtahere:

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

U WOT M8! U SELFISH PRICK!

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

YOU'RE RAKING MY OPINIONS OVER THE COALS! I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS CRIME!

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

YOU'RE RAKING MY OPINIONS OVER THE COALS! I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS CRIME!

Good. I hope this rage ages you overnight and you die tomorrow crippled like a Titanic rose.

My sympathy is already with the unfortunate mirror your face is set to break.

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

Good. I hope this rage ages you overnight and you die tomorrow crippled like a Titanic rose.

*rages overnight*

*is a crippled, wrinkled old eggplant*

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

*rages overnight*

Good.

Just die on the bed linen, no one wants to hide the stain on the carpet.

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

*rages overnight*

Good.

I shall die where I please!

*dies in the cabinet*

• Like 1

YOU SUUUUUUCK

HAHAHAHAHAHA dude chill!

Your back hurt my knife.

*rages overnight*

Good.

I shall die where I please!

*dies in the cabinet*

I see I disguised the fireplace really well...

*lights match*

*sings Firestarter*

• Like 1