X-Men: Apocalypse Official Trailer

Principled Man

Since when was Mystique the main character in the X-Men franchise? She's a supporting character at best. Oh yeah Jennifer Hype Job is playing her I forgot... :eyeroll:

Hype Job is a safe phrase to use these days.

The traditional phrase "cash cow" might be seen as offensive or sexist ...... :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

Since when was Mystique the main character in the X-Men franchise? She's a supporting character at best. Oh yeah Jennifer Hype Job is playing her I forgot... :eyeroll:

The traditional phrase "cash cow" might be seen as offensive or sexist ...... :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

her in nothing but body paint and a touch of rubber accent... likely will help sell a few seats. I was going either way

Well, it looks the X-Men's TRUE cash cow is in this after all. As seen here (towards the end):

It's a better trailer I think and Mystique finally does wear a costume similar to the one in the comics instead of walking around naked for no real reason (Singer, wtf were you thinking?). But yeah, nothing about the Hunger Games girl says "Mystique". Nothing at all.

X-Men movies have always been a gamble. But that's what happens when you get non-Marvel people to do Marvel characters.

Well, it looks the X-Men's TRUE cash cow is in this after all. As seen here (towards the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABsGIkFPmo&sns=em

It's a better trailer I think and Mystique finally does wear a costume similar to the one in the comics instead of walking around naked for no real reason (Singer, wtf were you thinking?). But yeah, nothing about the Hunger Games girl says "Mystique". Nothing at all.

X-Men movies have always been a gamble. But that's what happens when you get non-Marvel people to do Marvel characters.

This is the kind film where I'd be rooting for the bad guy.

And I was just thinking, Quicksilver in the last one was fun but he didn't seem like Quicksilver either. Havoc too. And probably a slew of others if I think too much.

It was pretty good, the scene with Magneto in the forest was extremely powerful

How does it stack up to the other X-Men movies?

Better than (x) but not as good as (y).

Best one?

If you like Days of... you'll like this one. It's on par, maybe a slight touch better.
  • Like 1

And I was just thinking, Quicksilver in the last one was fun but he didn't seem like Quicksilver either. Havoc too. And probably a slew of others if I think too much.

I think they're making these fast guys way too powerful, characters like Quicksilver would get instantly swatted by the HULK, Apocalypse and Magneto and yet he's given two of those three a lot of trouble in recent flicks.

I think they're making these fast guys way too powerful, characters like Quicksilver would get instantly swatted by the HULK, Apocalypse and Magneto and yet he's given two of those three a lot of trouble in recent flicks.

That's often true. But my bigger issue is with the liberties they take in changing the personalities from comic to screen. The MCU generally gets it right (with Iron Man & Cap being the best examples...the hatchet job they did with Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy is an exception). However, these non-MCU flicks like X-Men and Fantastic Four really screw up way too much and too often.

Having said that, I think Fassbender was a good casting choice and has done a pretty good job. He's the best part of these recent X-flicks.

• Like 1

Best one?

If you like Days of... you'll like this one. It's on par, maybe a slight touch better.

I DID like Days of Future Past so that's good to hear.

• Like 1

Best one?

After soaking it in a bit, I'm gonna put it between First Class and Days... the others are in a different time line and are dead to me. :)
  • Like 2

Best one?

After soaking it in a bit, I'm gonna put it between First Class and Days... the others are in a different time line and are dead to me. :)

:LOL:

The two Wolverine movies are dead to me because they're garbage. :LOL:

Just saw that it got 48% from 230 reviews on RottenTomatoes.

• Like 1