The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

Lineup changes always interest me.......even if i might be disappointed.

this doesn't cause. The guitar work isn't that important to me with LC. It's important but not what i pay attention to with them.

Mick

• Like 1

Lineup changes always interest me.......even if i might be disappointed.

this doesn't cause. The guitar work isn't that important to me with LC. It's important but not what i pay attention to with them.

Mick

I have no problems in saying that for me, the bass work and the vocals are the highlights.

And, oooh...what a surprise! That's the three core members roles hahaha!

No disrespect to any former member of LC, i have high hopes for them. And whilst I fail to be excited about Andi screaming more, I will admit that he does pull them off better live than he does most of his clean singing.

And Cri is always upfront!

Also, a twist: on Facebook today they uploaded a pic of Maki and Ryan recording vocals...shall we expect a twist?!?

Yeah, I am still very excited in a cautious way.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Playing Broken Crown Halo.

I think this album has a lot in common with Karmacode. Bassier and the vocals are so powerful.

• Like 2

I hope they throw something new at us. as great as they have been we don't want stale LC.

Mick

I know it may come, but I have always hoped that they would just break up rather than turn stagnant.

But to give them credit, they aren't the most prolific of bands, so each and every album is really worked on to their highest standard, and they have a humble little heart behind all the noise!

One thing I really love about Lacuna Coil is how they have completely bucked the stereotypical trend of "goth" music to create albums full of songs that are intended to empower the listener with positivity! I must say, its a side of them that has always been there, but more recent work sheds more light on the older albums.

Adore them so much it hurts! I know it might look like I live Nightwish more, and I rave about Sharon Den Adel's vocals to the world and back, but Lacuna Coil are in my blood. I don't need to tell you I love them everyday, or linger on why.

I just do and its hard for me to be elaborate. Although I will admit that as much as I truly do love Shallow Life, it is the one album in the whole of their discography that I can only tolerate as a whole record in certain moods...unless I skip a few album tracks for b-side! I will never truly understand them for leaving off three of their best songs ever for songs like Underdog or The Maze.

Leaving Alone remains one of my all time favourite songs, and The Last Goodbye and Oblivion are close behind.

• Like 1

Following on from comments in another thread:

I know a lot of people who hate Andi's voice, and I will agree he gets to be a bit of an anchor onstage, weighing the rest down with his gurglings, but I love him!

However, a Cristina Scabbia solo album whilst her voice is still on top form would be amazing!

And a full on duet with Myles Kennedy (Watch Over You does NOT count) would be much appreciated! I sometimes try and imagine them duetting on Cry Of Achilles or My Spirit, oooooooh I would love that.

And I am currently paying Dark Adrenaline. My goodness, I love the bones of this album! It was such a reassuring gift after Shallow Life, and four years on it is still amazing to my ears!

• Like 1

Comalies and Karmacode are really similar albums. The more I listen to them on shuffle, the less dramatic their evolution sounds!

I love a Lacuna Coil shuffle marathon!

Every album and EP...all the songs are amazing. They just blow me away!

• Like 1

New album to be some kind of concept/theme album?

http://www.blabbermo...ed-on-insanity/

Speaking to Revolver magazine, LACUNA COIL vocalist Cristina Scabbia stated about the lyrical themes covered on "Delirium": "There's a lot to say about it, and there's a lot of things that we still need to decide, and a lot of things that can change during the process. But overall, it's an album that will be centered on insanity — that was the main inspiration for this album. From simple types of insanity, like being in the same bed with your partner and not talking to each other but having your phone in your hand, or something more serious and specific, like Stockholm Syndrome, where a person loves another person in a crazy way, even if it's the wrong one. We even imagined that the entire record takes place in sort of a hospital or asylum, where different patients are telling us their stories."

Asked if "Delirium" will be a similar kind of record to 2014's "Broken Crown Halo", which had a "cinematic vibe" to it, Scabbia said: "Even more! And we're already discussing stage clothes and stage setup for the tour. I've always liked the theatrical side of the show. I've never agreed with the bands that don't even consider their look onstage, just because only music counts. Of course music counts — but if you go to a show, you want to see a band acting like they're doing a show. So I think costumes are important. It's like going to the theater and seeing the actors without their proper clothes — it's not the same! And honestly, it's more fun for the band — putting on the costumes before you go onstage, it's sort of a ritual, and it puts you into the show even more. It's still you, but it's a different side of yourself."

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

LC have never stopped trying new things! I am actually cautiously optimistic about this new record, I have a feeling I might not "get" it straight away, but they are taking so many risks with this album, I love that of them!

The last four albums have had a semi-conceptual feel, so this actually sounds like it could actually be a real concept album!

Whatever the results, they are my favourite band for life.

Playing Broken Crown Halo, it strikes me that this record is the lovechild of Comalies and Karmacode. It is wonderful! It keeps on getting better, giving me even higher hopes for Delirium!

Playing Broken Crown Halo, it strikes me that this record is the lovechild of Comalies and Karmacode. It is wonderful! It keeps on getting better, giving me even higher hopes for Delirium!

I think you made that same comment one other time recently. Interesting, because I hear it much differently from either of those two older albums.

Interested to find out what the new stuff will sound like, to be sure...

• Like 1

I think you made that same comment one other time recently. Interesting, because I hear it much differently from either of those two older albums.

Interested to find out what the new stuff will sound like, to be sure...

I hear it very differently as well. But they are the two I most compare it too.

I rarely play LC now, but when I do i devour them whole!

Shallow Life is an album I always love more than I remember each and every time I play it.

Such a pop-metal gem:

And the guys are goofy as anything in person.

I love the tongue in cheek humour of this video:

• Like 1

This song never gets old.

And I swear, it sounds heavier than I remembered it from my school days!

• Like 2

Sorry, but Spellbound is a terrible song. One of their worst.

It definitely isn't a typical example of Lacuna Coil's sound, and it filled me with dread when it first came out. I love it now though.

Although why they chose this as a single over Not Enough, I will never know.

This song means the world to me.

I always loved the video as well.

• Like 1

Tied with Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks for my all time favourite song:

• Like 2

I must say, its a side of them that has always been there, but more recent work sheds more light on the older albums.

Adore them so much it hurts! I know it might look like I live Nightwish more, and I rave about Sharon Den Adel's vocals to the world and back, but Lacuna Coil are in my blood. I don't need to tell you I love them everyday, or linger on why.

I just do and its hard for me to be elaborate. Although I will admit that as much as I truly do love Shallow Life, it is the one album in the whole of their discography that I can only tolerate as a whole record in certain moods...unless I skip a few album tracks for b-side! I will never truly understand them for leaving off three of their best songs ever for songs like Underdog or The Maze.

Leaving Alone remains one of my all time favourite songs, and The Last Goodbye and Oblivion are close behind.

I love Leaving Alone, Underdog, The Maze and The Last Goodbye.

Lyrics are about emotions and life. I appreciate their music/ atmosphere to say what they want to say.

• Like 1

http://www.emptyspiral.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/delirium1-300x300.jpg

Check out the cover and track listing of “Delirium” out May 27th, 2016

There is an old sanatorium up in the hills of Northern Italy. An old, abandoned, and decayed fortress whose corridors are filled with the ghosts of a thousand tortured minds and souls. A place where every wall still bares the scars of countless damaged lives…

Welcome to the LACUNA COIL Sanatorium!

The track listing of “Delirium” reads as follows:

1. The House Of Shame

2. Broken Things

3. Delirium

4. Blood, Tears, Dust

5. Downfall

6. Take Me Home

7. You Love Me ‘Cause I Hate You

8. Ghost In The Mist

9. My Demons

10. Claustrophobia

11. Ultima Ratio

And a little sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErumRQLK-NQ

• Like 1

Personally excited. Lacuna Coil began as a small project under the name Sleep Of Right, a band heavily inspired by the early gothic metal of Paradise Lost and Metallica, with harsh vocals and a lot of atmosphere. When they became Ethereal, Cristina Scabbia was hired as a backing vocalist, and even then they were very heavy.

Once she became a member they gradually evolved into the band we know and love today!

But this little clip, plus the recent interviews, suggests a further move back towards that early gothic sound, but with the wonderfully atmospheric, cinematic vibe that helped Broken Crown Halo establish itself as Lacuna Coil's most exciting work in years!

And they have been inspired by Goblin, you can hear that in the sample, plus the concept of the album in very interesting.

Here is a recent interview, which expands on the albums concept:

12654597_10153123612756706_2931817489896411994_n.jpg?oh=1e298344724a39aeaa4291adf508623c&oe=57290AB9

http://i.imgur.com/4B5ZgDH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x7hlj3w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vpaCSuU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eW1NFW3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rDUfLdf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Z54eTt4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zZdGjPo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C8X1fpC.jpg

Personally, I do not share a lot of this bands interests in horror movies. But the band have mentioned this album has a theme: insanity. As long as the album doesn't delve into themes of spiritism I am okay with this direction. Lacuna Coil are, like many on this forum, into everything from Star Wars, to The Simpsons to John Carpenter movies, and they can filter whatever influences they like into their sound. I have had personal doubts about whether I would follow them during this album cycle (those who know me may understand why themes of literal spiritism do not attract my attention), but this album appears to centre more on the literal, and not the spiritual. I say this because the I had wondered, perhaps in error, if they might be trying to channel certain elements of horror into their music that do not have a place in my collection (unless it is done with a knowing wink, like Scaretale from Nightwish's Imaginaerum).

Regardless of how I receive or perceive this record, I just hope for the best. I am always nervous before the release of Lacuna Coil's albums, because I have never been let down by them, and I always hope not to be!