I did a guitar cover of Red Barchetta!

Maximumrocker1

Cool. When you're playing the verse arpeggio, though, I'd go to the A on the G string, not the C# on the B (the first time through) - it sounds like you're picking D to C# both times.

Nice job on the solo!

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Hey guys! I play through one of my favorite Rush tracks!

Total fun one to play. Recommend it to anyone looking to play Rush tracks!

What do you guys think of it?

It's quite good. There are a few minor quibbles. The chord on "dearest dream" that plays under the harmonics should be C, the chord that plays under the "engine rev" sound ("I commit my weekly crime") should be E, and I've always played the highest chord in the 4-chord pattern during the "wind in my hair" section as a straight-up D (rather than the Asus4):

Open D string, 11th fret G string, 10th fret B string, and 10th fret E string.

Heck YEA, WOULD LOVE TO JAM WITH YOU ANYDAY!

Hey folks been many years since I graced this site. But running my recording studio and haven't played in many years with anyone, except tinker on my bass.

Anyways a few years ago, I think maybe 5 years ago I ran into two old friends I used too jam with and asked if they still played. The guitarist was still giging, but the drummer hasn't touched drums in 15years. Well long story short I leant him my drums for two weeks and we met up in the studio to have a jam session. Was a train wreck and we overdubs some parts on the lead, and drums, also had to overdubs some parts in the bass, I belive in three sections. But all in all it was pretty much live except of course after they left I added the key liner notes, and overdubbed Taurus pedals in areas, along with live Taurus I did througout the whole song

BEEN TWENTY THREES since we tried the song, and only two weeks to learn it the best we could by ourselves, so we had fun and laughed about it. so laugh with us :drool:

Edited by BassLik
  • Like 2

Hey folks been many years since I graced this site. But running my recording studio and haven't played in many years with anyone, except tinker on my bass.

Anyways a few years ago, I think maybe 5 years ago I ran into two old friends I used too jam with and asked if they still played. The guitarist was still giging, but the drummer hasn't touched drums in 15years. Well long story short I leant him my drums for two weeks and we met up in the studio to have a jam session. Was a train wreck and we overdubs some parts on the lead, and drums, also had to overdubs some parts in the bass, I belive in three sections. But all in all it was pretty much live except of course after they left I added the key liner notes, and overdubbed Taurus pedals in areas, along with live Taurus I did througout the whole song

BEEN TWENTY THREES since we tried the song, and only two weeks to learn it the best we could by ourselves, so we had fun and laughed about it. so laugh with us :drool:

Great job!!

:clap:

Thanks Maximumrocker1,

Like to record with anyone here to do a version of the DREGS, take it off the top, that is a fun song to play.

Anyone?

I saw them back in early 80s at a local festival. The stage was a flatbed truck trailer. Blew me away. Here's a medley from their Tonight Show appearance.

Morse is one of those players that I don't even try to learn because he's in another dimension. I also love the fact that they're all instrumental with no egomaniac singer.

Absolutely incredible.

As a drummer it's also one of my favorites to play!!

RUSH ON!

• Like 1

SOUNDED GREAT !!! keep rockin'