Jacob's Ladder VS Clockwork Angels

Union 5-3992

Jacob's Ladder VS Clockwork Angels  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is better?

Starting to notice a trend with these polls: I always seem to pick the CA song...

The title track, and not the whole album, right?

I have a hard time comparing the two songs cause they're so different. Clockwork Angels is a quintessential Rush son, whereas Jacob's Ladder is more of a musical journey fitting all the themes of a storm (marching intro, etc.), and isn't really a song by CA's or other songs' standards.

As far as which one I'd rather listen to, it just depends which kind of Rush music I'd rather listen to.

Seeing them perform Jacob's Ladder in 1980 was a spiritual experience for me, and the only 2 other songs that can come close are Cyguns X1 and The Necromancer

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6QYs4WMitjo/TgFBI1po0NI/AAAAAAAAAEE/r4TyYdE9rm4/s1600/Murillo_Jacob%2527s_Dream.jpg

• Like 2

OK replaying Jacob's Ladder...o no I did not pick CA!

I forgot about the guitars on this!

Oh my...

• Like 1

Quite easily Clockwork Angels, but that doesn't mean Jacob's Ladder isn't great, it's just Clockwork Angels (the song and the album) are phenomenal masterpieces.

Love ya buddy!

Just wish I agreed...I truly do...

• Like 1

Quite easily Clockwork Angels, but that doesn't mean Jacob's Ladder isn't great, it's just Clockwork Angels (the song and the album) are phenomenal masterpieces.

Love ya buddy!

Aw, there's just so much Rush-y goodness to be had on Clockwork Angels! You're really missing out! ;)

• Like 1

I overlooked Jacob's Ladder a bit over the years because Natural Science and TSOR are such monsters off my favorite album. Just like Entre Nous from the S&A tour, I've gained a new appreciation for JL. Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

Love ya buddy!

Aw, there's just so much Rush-y goodness to be had on Clockwork Angels! You're really missing out! ;)

Nah I intensely dug it for a year.

I know what I am "missing".

• Like 1

Love ya buddy!

Nah I intensely dug it for a year.

I know what I am "missing".

Ah, okay. Still a great album in my opinion.

My first post on this forum! Hello all!

I would choose Jacob's Ladder just because it was done so amazingly on Exit Stage Left.

The R40 tour in Denver was my third Rush show that I've seen, and the first time I've heard it live. I heard Clockwork Angels live on the tour of the same name also in Denver. I really enjoy their last album, but Jacob's Ladder sticks out for me.

I am glad to be here on the forum, and look forward to talking Rush!

-Anthony

• Like 4