Which would you rather have?

AnEggplant

51 members have voted

1. 1. If you could only have one, would you rather have:

• Hemispheres
    • Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold your Fire

If you could only have one or the other but not both, would you rather have the synth era or Hemispheres? I know if I put any one of the synth albums against Hemispheres it would be demolished, but what about all of them together?

Grace Under Pressure and Hold Your Fire.

Hemispheres, Signals and Power Windows are barely even a regret in this case.

I am much the same as EagleMoon. It would have to be Hemispheres, but synth era fans comments and lobbying have made me resolve to listen to the synth era with fresh ears in the new year! :)
  • Like 1

Hemispheres runs over Signals, then it runs over Grace Under Pressure, then it runs over Power Windows and Hold Your Fire, then it reverses and runs over the last two just to make sure.

This is from someone who actually likes all of those albums. But Hemispheres is the grandultimate high-cosmic gorgeous savagery of chops and finesse and musical screaming glory.

• Like 5

Hemispheres runs over Signals, then it runs over Grace Under Pressure, then it runs over Power Windows and Hold Your Fire, then it reverses and runs over the last two just to make sure.

This is from someone who actually likes all of those albums. But Hemispheres is the grandultimate high-cosmic gorgeous savagery of chops and finesse and musical screaming glory.

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Hemispheres is the red Barchetta and the other albums are the alloy air car.

• Like 2

Hemispheres is not only the pinnacle for Rush, made at the height of their creative powers, but it is also one of the greatest albums ever made . .

Easy one

I think its the third least impressive album of their debut to MP run so opinions, opinions!

• Like 2

Hemispheres is not only the pinnacle for Rush, made at the height of their creative powers, but it is also one of the greatest albums ever made . .

Easy one

I think its the third least impressive album of their debut to MP run so opinions, opinions!

Are like assholes.... :LOL:

• Like 2

Easy one

Meh. Cygnus 2 goes on about 4 minutes too long. Side 2 is perfect tho.

I would have loved it if Hemispheres had been a double album

• Like 4

Easy one

Meh. Cygnus 2 goes on about 4 minutes too long. Side 2 is perfect tho.

I would have loved it if Hemispheres had been a double album

Of course, that likely would have killed them!

• Like 2