The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

I only hope that since we signed Lackey, he and Lester don't decide to revert to the bullshit they pulled while they were on the Red Sox :facepalm:

Contributing to a World Series win? I wouldn't worry too much.

I wouldn't about that, either. They will.

I'm worried they'll pick up on that good old Red Sox work ethic and go back to eating fried chicken and drinking beer in the dugout. I suppose they weren't browsing Instagram, though, so that's a start.

You guys confuse me. That was 2011. Two years later, the Red Sox, including Lackey and Lester, won the World Series. So which one is ancient history? Maybe you could make a list for me?

You know what? Never mind. I've figured it out. The past is relevant when it supports your argument. That's consistent, in a sense.

I'm not the one fighting with you over the "ancient history" stuff, that's LABT. Yes, we haven't won a WS since 1908.

But we're in a far better position than the Sox :)

Also, it looks like the Cubs are playing the ALW this year, so maybe we'll see you in 2017. Then the Cubs and Red Sox will go the WS, and you and LABT can finally tie the knot.

My apologies. All you Cubs fans look alike. :)

• Like 1

I only hope that since we signed Lackey, he and Lester don't decide to revert to the bullshit they pulled while they were on the Red Sox :facepalm:

Contributing to a World Series win? I wouldn't worry too much.

I wouldn't about that, either. They will.

I'm worried they'll pick up on that good old Red Sox work ethic and go back to eating fried chicken and drinking beer in the dugout. I suppose they weren't browsing Instagram, though, so that's a start.

You guys confuse me. That was 2011. Two years later, the Red Sox, including Lackey and Lester, won the World Series. So which one is ancient history? Maybe you could make a list for me?

You know what? Never mind. I've figured it out. The past is relevant when it supports your argument. That's consistent, in a sense.

I'm not the one fighting with you over the "ancient history" stuff, that's LABT. Yes, we haven't won a WS since 1908.

But we're in a far better position than the Sox :)

Also, it looks like the Cubs are playing the ALW this year, so maybe we'll see you in 2017. Then the Cubs and Red Sox will go the WS, and you and LABT can finally tie the knot.

My apologies. All you Cubs fans look alike. :)

Holy Cow!! :LOL:

The team,

Is cursed. :LOL:

Curses are bullshit.

Except the curse of the Bambino, which could only be broken with PEDs.

• Like 2

As those of you who follow these boards know.... I am a Cardinal fan and the Cubs are not my thing... but I am going to throw this out....

1) The Cubs are going to be the favorite in the NL Central and should be the favorite in the NL overall. Anyone who denies that is either being obtuse or just isn't paying attention.

2) The shenanigans of 2011 are nothing new (lest we forget Keith Hernandez smoking and drinking in the runway behind the dugout during the 1986 World Series) but aren't going to be repeated for quite a while.... it got exposed.... it ain't happening again for a while... stupidity will rear it's head down the road, but not next year in Chicago.... not even with crazy ol Joe running things in Chicago. He's quirky, but he ain't gonna tolerate a couple of guys downing some Old Style in the dugout.

3) RNB and LABT are a damned cute couple. The Ross and Rachel of this forum. I just wish they stop the bickering about the break and admit they are in love.

• Like 2

As those of you who follow these boards know.... I am a Cardinal fan and the Cubs are not my thing... but I am going to throw this out....

1) The Cubs are going to be the favorite in the NL Central and should be the favorite in the NL overall. Anyone who denies that is either being obtuse or just isn't paying attention.

2) The shenanigans of 2011 are nothing new (lest we forget Keith Hernandez smoking and drinking in the runway behind the dugout during the 1986 World Series) but aren't going to be repeated for quite a while.... it got exposed.... it ain't happening again for a while... stupidity will rear it's head down the road, but not next year in Chicago.... not even with crazy ol Joe running things in Chicago. He's quirky, but he ain't gonna tolerate a couple of guys downing some Old Style in the dugout.

3) RNB and LABT are a damned cute couple. The Ross and Rachel of this forum. I just wish they stop the bickering about the break and admit they are in love.

I'm struggling with the fact that a poster of obvious intelligence (you, RNB is only intelligent outside of OLV) actually watched Friends.

• Like 2

I'm struggling with the fact that a poster of obvious intelligence (you, RNB is only intelligent outside of OLV) actually watched Friends.

You are clearly aware of the story line. Sooooooo......

• Like 2

Get rekt, LABT :laughing guy:

I've long maintained those two the old married couple of SOCN.

As for the NLC, the Cubs are gonna be nuts this year, but I wouldn't count the Cards out (or the Bucs). It should be another ultra competitive division this year.

Get rekt, LABT :laughing guy:

I've long maintained those two the old married couple of SOCN.

As for the NLC, the Cubs are gonna be nuts this year, but I wouldn't count the Cards out (or the Bucs). It should be another ultra competitive division this year.

It's

Always next year. :LOL:

• Like 1

I can honestly say I've never seen more than a minute of any episode.

I'm really glad they didn't sign that dirt squirrel, Samardizja. To date, he's had one good year in 2014 and that was probably the usual motivated by knowing he was auditioning to be traded to a contender. Look at him last year after he wasn't traded at the deadline and he just shit the bed. For Lackey money, I'd sign the guy, but not the 90 to 100 million he was getting. Nope, not in the universe I live in does the second coming of Bronson Arroyo get that kind of dough.

Cubs agree to terms with Zobrist, 4 yrs $56 million.

Looking to trade Castro, in talks with Yanks...

4 years for 56 is a steal, even at his age.

Castro and Baez are the big trade chips for other deals. If Theo and Co. trade Soler I'll be super pissed.

• Like 1

Oh fuggin Sweet!!

He's always been a favorite of mine and I've had him on my fantasy teams for years. Now he's on my stinkin Cubs :)

Next up, Hayward :)

After signing Zobrist? I don't think Heyward is likely. We need a CF, not another right fielder. If they sign Heyward that means Soler's probably out the door and I'd rather that not happen.

I'll take Fowler again if possible.

• Like 1

Oh fuggin Sweet!!

He's always been a favorite of mine and I've had him on my fantasy teams for years. Now he's on my stinkin Cubs :)

After signing Zobrist? I don't think Heyward is likely. We need a CF, not another right fielder. If they sign Heyward that means Soler's probably out the door and I'd rather that not happen.

Keep Soler. Keep Baez. After last year's second half I'll even miss Starlin, who handled a bad situation very well.

The Braves wanted Bryant or someone on his level in exchange for Shelby Miller :wacko:

Maybe the Cubs could trade Schlitter for Kobe and then make the deal.

Brandon Ryan is the PTBNL. Wasn't he the middle infielder who hit about .100 for the Cardinals a couple of years ago.

The one that wasn't Pete Kozma, that is...

Oh fuggin Sweet!!

They seem to feel Heyward has three or four years of playing center in him. I won't argue.

Rumor has it Soler is going to Atlanta anyway for Teahran