The Official 2016 Chicago Cubs thread...

laughedatbytime

Unfortunate game for Jon Lester today. Arenado had his number but he pitched out of his mind today striking out 10. But the Cubs bats were cold today.

Splitting with the Rockies (the April Rockies, before they shit the bed next month) and sweeping the Reds puts us at a 5-2 homestand. Still on top of the division. Fine by me!

Playing in St. Louis starting tomorrow and I'll be in the left field bleachers on Tuesday for Hammel's start. Should be fun!

Unfortunate game for Jon Lester today. Arenado had his number but he pitched out of his mind today striking out 10. But the Cubs bats were cold today.

Splitting with the Rockies (the April Rockies, before they shit the bed next month) and sweeping the Reds puts us at a 5-2 homestand. Still on top of the division. Fine by me!

Playing in St. Louis starting tomorrow and I'll be in the left field bleachers on Tuesday for Hammel's start. Should be fun!

I wish you were right, but it was a 4-2 home stand, and the Rockies took 2 of 3.

If you're in the left field bleachers and Hammel's pitching, are you going to throw back the ball you're likely to catch?

I wish you were right, but it was a 4-2 home stand, and the Rockies took 2 of 3.

If you're in the left field bleachers and Hammel's pitching, are you going to throw back the ball you're likely to catch?

Damn, my bad. It's been a week.

It's April so history shows that Hammel is pretty good. If I went to a Hammel game after the All-Star break then yeah it would be very likely I'd be throwing a ball on the field.

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

Where were your tickets? In game 1 there were reports of racial slurs aimed at Heyward, wonder if you heard anything like that...

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

Where were your tickets? In game 1 there were reports of racial slurs aimed at Heyward, wonder if you heard anything like that...

Left field bleachers. Nah, I didn't hear anything like that, but there was another Cubs fan screaming his hatred for Matt Holliday every top of an inning when he was out there in front of us.

My wife thought they should have taken him out in the third when he walked the 7 or 8 hole guy.

This is the best half season plus in baseball history. Better than Gibson's best 25 start stretch in 67-68.

In his last 18 starts he's hit 3 HRs, thrown two no hitters, and had one loss.

• Like 1

My wife thought they should have taken him out in the third when he walked the 7 or 8 hole guy.

This is the best half season plus in baseball history. Better than Gibson's best 25 start stretch in 67-68.

That one loss coming off of when Hamels no-hit the Cubs himself on his final start for the Phillies.

I was worried Maddon was going to pull him earlier cause we were crushing them, and he needs to save his arm (and Lester's).

That one loss coming off of when Hamels no-hit the Cubs himself on his final start for the Phillies.

I was worried Maddon was going to pull him earlier cause we were crushing them, and he needs to save his arm (and Lester's).

I sheepishly have to say that when it looked in the middle innings that he was going to go into the 120s that I was hoping he'd give up a hit so they could pull him, but that went away after the 6th.

I sheepishly have to say that when it looked in the middle innings that he was going to go into the 120s that I was hoping he'd give up a hit so they could pull him, but that went away after the 6th.

If he does it again anytime soon (we ARE playing the Braves soon) I don't think Maddon will hesitate to pull him next time.

Edited by BowlCity

5-2 road trip in St. Louis and Cincy. Keep it rolling!

Can we face Alfredo Simon 143 more times this year?

• Like 1

Now 6 at home with the Braves and Brewers. Anything short of 5-1 will be a major disappointment.

First rained out game of the season :(

All is for the best. It would have been worse if Jake would have had to leave after two innings because of the rain, or pitch off a subparagraph mound and possibly be injured.

Important series against Pittsburgh starting tonight. Going 17-5 is an amazing start, but most of March was against pretty weak teams apart from possibly St. Louis - no idea how they're going to turn out really.
  • Like 1