How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

That One Guy

How many years have you been a RUSH fan?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How many years have you been a RUSH fan?

It's kind of expected that a lot of us have been Rush fans for over 30 years. However, I think it's pretty cool that a few of us have been fans for less than a couple. :blaze:

I think the op became a fan because of snakes and arrows which I found absolutely shocking.

• Like 1

It's kind of expected that a lot of us have been Rush fans for over 30 years. However, I think it's pretty cool that a few of us have been fans for less than a couple. :blaze:

I think the op became a fan because of snakes and arrows which I found absolutely shocking.

Yeah, it is for me too...BUT it'd lead that newer fan to much greater albums IMHO.

• Like 1

Five glorious years! Discovered them the same day as Fleetwood Mac!
  • Like 2

I think I officially became a Rush fan yesterday when I walked into an actual, physical, record store to buy a live rush dvd.

Welcome...you have a lot of catching up to do!

I envy you, Day of Light. If you're just getting into the band now then you have a lot of wonderful surprises in store for you! :D

• Like 2

I became a fan Friday May 6 2011, when I saw Rush live for the first time on the Time Machine Tour. I know it´s not as long time as most other here. But oh, what a great part of my life Rush have been ever since then, they mean everything to me now! They are my gods!

I too became a FAN because I attended a RUSH concert, Never had even heard of rush before that night in 1979

Didn't really know any songs from them, Uncommon for me to get to a concert late but I (we) did, sold out general admission show

Security opened up the section behind the stage for overflow, we were forced to sit 2 row, 20 feet from the drums. Unhappy I was .

Figured sound would suck, couldn't see much . . . . . But show started, sounded good, could see Geddy & Alex ok

BTW, It only took about 30 minutes & figured out Neil was special & had I had an Ideal spot to watch the professor do his magic !

I just did some rough math based on the numbers here and was only a tad generous with my averaging, there might be enough Rush 'man-years' here to reach back to the building of the pyramids in Egypt.. and in case you haven't figured it out I'll tell you what this all means: I have way too much time on my hands here..! oh ya and you guys rock! :P

• Like 2

Bought Hemispheres not long after it was released,1979?,missed PerW,bought everything else as it was released.

late 1991. My friend Dave in high school was already a convert and was making me Rush mix tapes (still have 'em). I always look fondly at RTB as the current album that was out when I became a fan. Counterparts was my first "new" Rush album that I eagerly anticipated as a big fan. I remember sitting on my parents couch with my cd/tape/FM radio combo recording the radio debut of the album. And then going with my buddy Jeremy in his red Chevy truck to Sam Goody's to buy the album immediatly after school. They played Between Sun and Moon first so I thought that was the first song on the album. (for some reason the radio debut played them all out of order) I still have that cassette tape. Such innocent pre-internet times. Geddy was commenting on the Toronto Blue Jays world series chances during the special: "whoever's pitching stinks the least will win" Edited by jnoble