Future Tour Recommendations

tour future

22 replies to this topic

#21 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5898 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

View PostLorraine, on 02 December 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 02 December 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 December 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

I like your suggestions, but I honestly don't think Neil is interested in ever going out on the road again.  And, even if he follows your suggestions, he can't change the fact that he is getting older.  Didn't I read someone on here say that Geddy said in an interview that during R40, there were some shows that, during intermission, Neil said he didn't know how he was going to go back out and finish the show?

Do you have a link to that interview?
No, there have been so many on here lately, that I don't remember where I read it.  If I find it, I'll come back with the link.

Lorraine, I don't know if this is what you were referring to:

Partial transcript from the siriusXM interview:

Lee:  I love touring, and I’m ready to go on very short notice, but my life is simpler than my partners’ lives, and Neil has a complicated life: he has a young daughter and new family that he feels, really feels pained to leave, and I understand that and he has issues, physical issues—when you play like a monster for three hours the body is not, it’s not cooperating with him, and it’s very hard for him and very . . . he pays a price. There are times when you see him backstage in the middle of a tour, and he’s really suffering so he’s not sure he’s got the fortitude to continue playing like that.  But you know maybe there’s an answer down the road after some time, and that’s why we’re trying not to be hasty in making any big conclusions.  We’ll just let everybody be and everbody find their centre and see if we can come together with some plan.

Lifeson:  I’m glad I just heard that ‘cause now I know what we’re doing.

Lee:  Didn’t you get the memo?

Lifeson:  I mean I feel exactly the same way.  I felt very healthy on this last tour after having some issues over the last few tours., I felt great on the tour, and I love playing every night and I love playing every note of every one of those songs, and I still have some in me that I would like to do.  But for all those reasons that Ged just said, we do need to have a little time to just settle and see where it goes.

Sponsored Post

#22 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 03 December 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 December 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 02 December 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 December 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

I like your suggestions, but I honestly don't think Neil is interested in ever going out on the road again.  And, even if he follows your suggestions, he can't change the fact that he is getting older.  Didn't I read someone on here say that Geddy said in an interview that during R40, there were some shows that, during intermission, Neil said he didn't know how he was going to go back out and finish the show?

Do you have a link to that interview?
No, there have been so many on here lately, that I don't remember where I read it.  If I find it, I'll come back with the link.

Lorraine, I don't know if this is what you were referring to:

Partial transcript from the siriusXM interview:

Lee:  I love touring, and I’m ready to go on very short notice, but my life is simpler than my partners’ lives, and Neil has a complicated life: he has a young daughter and new family that he feels, really feels pained to leave, and I understand that and he has issues, physical issues—when you play like a monster for three hours the body is not, it’s not cooperating with him, and it’s very hard for him and very . . . he pays a price. There are times when you see him backstage in the middle of a tour, and he’s really suffering so he’s not sure he’s got the fortitude to continue playing like that.  But you know maybe there’s an answer down the road after some time, and that’s why we’re trying not to be hasty in making any big conclusions.  We’ll just let everybody be and everbody find their centre and see if we can come together with some plan.

Lifeson:  I’m glad I just heard that ‘cause now I know what we’re doing.

Lee:  Didn’t you get the memo?

Lifeson:  I mean I feel exactly the same way.  I felt very healthy on this last tour after having some issues over the last few tours., I felt great on the tour, and I love playing every night and I love playing every note of every one of those songs, and I still have some in me that I would like to do.  But for all those reasons that Ged just said, we do need to have a little time to just settle and see where it goes.

Toymaker, thank you. :hug2:  That's the one.  He doesn't exactly say what I thought I remembered him saying, but in essence, he is.

#23 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostAnthemic, on 02 December 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 December 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Quit smoking. You'll find you get a lot less winded.

Neil has been smoking for how long?  Fifty years?  It's not a matter of stopping and miraculously being able to do things without gasping for breath.  It takes years for the lungs to repair the damage, assuming that he still has healthy lungs.

strangely enough, quitting smoking benefits people quickly and significantly even if they've been smoking for a very long time.

I read the lungs never actually reverse the damage, just do not get more damaged if you quit smoking.
There was a school of thought that ten years would result in a non-smoker lungs.  Its not true.

For this very reason my doctor gives me a chest x-ray annually when I'm in for my checkup.
40 years of smoking is never wiped away. It only arrested at the point you quit.

I quit using Chantix and it was a miracle.  I feel as if I never smoked in my life.  Its been 6 years now.  First time i quit and did not want nor care about smoking.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tour, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users