Rush Bootlegs That Sound As Good As Live Albums... Or Close

DirtyMidnighter

I'm sure this has been done to death but I'm curious about everyone's favorite bootlegs. I found this one from the Counterparts tour that is absolutely amazing quality called A Night At The Spectrum:

Please let me know which are your personal faves!

• Like 3

I love bootlegs as many here know and prefer them most of the time to anything official. Bootlegs have a charm that gets lost in the professional stuff. In my opinion only.

Here's a few of my favorites:

Anaheim 1981 Remaster

Chicago Definitive

Cool Under Fire

The Hartford 90

Right now I am listening to an audio boot from the Las Vegas R40 tour. No, it's no Bottrill, but it's good. :)

Why is the Signals Tour so under-represented in both number of recored shows and quality? And yet there seem to be a ton of good Grace Under Pressure ones...

I don't know why but you are right that it is. That's one tour I wish they had more boots of too.

If you love bootlegs so much, why don't you put your name on the list for the bootleg hard drive?

A Desert Passage was always my favorite, great sound for 79'

Love that tour

The stuff Geddy starts doing just prior to the "I have memory and awareness" section of Hemispheres ( 1:03:25ish ) is awesome - I wish they would have extended stuff like that out on the albums ( ... as if an entire side wasn't already long enough for one song )

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

A Desert Passage was always my favorite, great sound for 79'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpJI9nPrFU

Love that tour

The stuff Geddy starts doing just prior to the "I have memory and awareness" section of Hemispheres ( 1:03:25ish ) is awesome - I wish they would have extended stuff like that out on the albums ( ... as if an entire side wasn't already long enough for one song )

Some creepy stuff right there.

Do you hate puppies and rainbows too?

I don't "collect" boots but it's definitely nice to have a few great sounding recordings from tours they didn't release official live discs for.

My 2 favorites that I have are A Desert Passage and The Philadelphia Project (Power Windows tour!)

• Like 1