What made you HAPPY today?

OldRUSHfan

Finally feeling mostly better after being sick for 2 weeks! :)

That's a long time! I'm glad things are looking up for you!

Thanks! Had to take a few days off of work. The cough part of this "thing" is still lingering, but I feel MUCH better. Back at work. :)

Same here,

I had to take two days off. Still a bit of a cough and cannot taste any food which hinders my appetite. Some nasty crap is going around for sure.

Indeed. Hope you are feeling better. This one lingers!!

For sure,

Sick of blowing my nose.

• Like 1

Thanks! Had to take a few days off of work. The cough part of this "thing" is still lingering, but I feel MUCH better. Back at work. :)

Same here,

I had to take two days off. Still a bit of a cough and cannot taste any food which hinders my appetite. Some nasty crap is going around for sure.

For sure,

Sick of blowing my nose.

Glad you are healing too, Troutman! Long colds are the worst!

• Like 2

Same here,

For sure,

Sick of blowing my nose.

Glad you are healing too, Troutman! Long colds are the worst!

Thanks,

it has been hell for sure. :P

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

I've accepted a new job!!!

:)

I know I've complained sometimes (ahem) on the forum about my professional situation. But last week I was given an offer at another company that I think will be a really good opportunity, and I put my notice in with my current employer today.

I've been at my current job for more than 13 years, so leaving some of the people is a little bit bittersweet. But the headaches about it, and the frustration I've been carrying with me for quite awhile, I'll be happy to leave behind.

I'm pretty stoked!

• Like 5

I know I've complained sometimes (ahem) on the forum about my professional situation. But last week I was given an offer at another company that I think will be a really good opportunity, and I put my notice in with my current employer today.

I've been at my current job for more than 13 years, so leaving some of the people is a little bit bittersweet. But the headaches about it, and the frustration I've been carrying with me for quite awhile, I'll be happy to leave behind.

I'm pretty stoked!

Amazing news! :clap:

Just in time!

:hug2: :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty stoked!

Congratulations, Jay !! :ebert: I know that's something you've been working on for awhile; I'm glad the right opportunity came along. They are lucky to have you! :ebert:

• Like 1

I was listening to a cassette tape I made today and "The Camera Eye" was playing. My stereo is behind me so I turned around to turn up the volume a little and when I glanced at my cassette deck the counter read "2112". That made my day a little better.
  • Like 1

I'm pretty stoked!

:clap:

Good for you! :yes:

• Like 1

This is one that could be posted in this thread or the "What pissed you off today" thread.

I have an Elephone P8000 that used to be my girlfriends, but at christmas something went wrong with it and when I entered my PIN, it then asked for another security number! I hadn't a clue about this other number as I had only put a normal PIN on it. I couldn't get into the phone so I did a reset which didn't make any difference.

The only option left was to flash the phone. I got a stock Android ROM and flashed the phone, This made no difference, so I did the same again but with a full format. It worked, apart from the fact that the phone had now lost the IMEI numbers. This meant that the phone could no longer be used as a phone. I search for a solution, and the only one I found was to root the phone and then install an app that allowed you to re-enter the IMEI numbers (which were on a sticker inside the phone).

I tried numerous times over the last 4 months to root the phone to do this with no success. I tried again today without luck, so I went back to the thread with the root instructions and went to the last page and read what was there. One of the posts on that page started by saying that the instructions were crap and didn't work. Then it stated:

SOLUTION: Instead just dial *#*#6813#*#* and enter the fcking IMEI on the back of your phone.

Now I must say that I had previously looked through this page of info, and missed that part

It worked and I now have a working phone that isn't the piece of crap I had been using in the mean time (xperia E4).

So, to sum up, I am happy that I got the phone working again but pissed off that it took me all this time when the info was there all along.

• Like 1

This is one that could be posted in this thread or the "What pissed you off today" thread.

I have an Elephone P8000 that used to be my girlfriends, but at christmas something went wrong with it and when I entered my PIN, it then asked for another security number! I hadn't a clue about this other number as I had only put a normal PIN on it. I couldn't get into the phone so I did a reset which didn't make any difference.

The only option left was to flash the phone. I got a stock Android ROM and flashed the phone, This made no difference, so I did the same again but with a full format. It worked, apart from the fact that the phone had now lost the IMEI numbers. This meant that the phone could no longer be used as a phone. I search for a solution, and the only one I found was to root the phone and then install an app that allowed you to re-enter the IMEI numbers (which were on a sticker inside the phone).

I tried numerous times over the last 4 months to root the phone to do this with no success. I tried again today without luck, so I went back to the thread with the root instructions and went to the last page and read what was there. One of the posts on that page started by saying that the instructions were crap and didn't work. Then it stated:

SOLUTION: Instead just dial *#*#6813#*#* and enter the fcking IMEI on the back of your phone.

Now I must say that I had previously looked through this page of info, and missed that part

It worked and I now have a working phone that isn't the piece of crap I had been using in the mean time (xperia E4).

So, to sum up, I am happy that I got the phone working again but pissed off that it took me all this time when the info was there all along.

Been there, done that. At this point, I would've thrown the phone out LONG ago...[we CURMUDGEONS can do that!] I used to be the 'READER OF INSTRUCTIONS' in the family, that's why everyone called me to set up their stereo, VCR, etc. Then I just told them to read the damned instructions themselves, or have their equipment not work. I think it's a big conspiracy nowadays....They try to hide the instructions so as to obfuscate your reading of them.....Kill 'em all.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

I'm pretty stoked!

This is excellent news! Congratulations! :ebert:

• Like 2

Waking up.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/WooHoo%202%20banana.gif

• Like 3

I'm pretty stoked!

YESSS! Congrats my friend!

• Like 2

I've got all my characters up and running,...Took my Female Ranger out yesterday, and gained some experience towards the next level for her, and today I took my Half-ling {hobbit} and gained him a TON of experience points....no level up for him either....in the next few days though....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

I won't say this made me "happy," exactly, because I don't think I'm in a space where I'll really feel that for a while . . . but I guess I am pleased that I finally talked myself into buying a Rickenbacker bass. 4003 fire glo. I've played the same used $250 Ibanez ATK bass in my band for the last 11 years or so. About time I made the investment, I guess.
  • Like 7