What made you HAPPY today?

OldRUSHfan

Three weeks no cigarettes! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

YOU are the AWESOME ONE, Lorraine!!!!

:banana:

That's for sure!
  • Like 1

Finding the file of "In Ruins" (Instrumental) by Fol Chen, from the Internet, and an episode of CSI:NY, which I've wanted since I saw it on the show 6 years ago...finally found it! YAY!!!http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/yaycelebrants.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Woo%20Hoo%20banana.png

Delivered my buddy fresh out of the Marines to his family--and they had no idea he was out. The intentional surprise was a longtime plan in the works. Watching the excited family reactions was as fun as you might expect it to be.

:)

• Like 8

This was not today, this was on Friday but I am still happy about it!!

Recently, I Was part of a Classic Rock Band Camp. I preformed some songs on stage with a few people on Friday. We Preformed:

Surrender(Cheap Trick)(This is the first song I have played on Drums on stage. This song is really special to me, and I am glad it was my first song I have preformed on stage).

Crazy On You(Heart)

Fourtinate Son(CCR)

There were 4 other songs, but I did not play those ones. I am happy because a ton of people thought I was really good!!

Edited by Surrender74
  • Like 7

Delivered my buddy fresh out of the Marines to his family--and they had no idea he was out. The intentional surprise was a longtime plan in the works. Watching the excited family reactions was as fun as you might expect it to be.

Very cool! Had he been deployed abroad?

Recently, I Was part of a Classic Rock Band Camp. I preformed some songs on stage with a few people on Friday. We Preformed:

Surrender(Cheap Trick)(This is the first song I have played on Drums on stage. This song is really special to me, and I am glad it was my first song I have preformed on stage).

Crazy On You(Heart)

Fourtinate Son(CCR)

There were 4 other songs, but I did not play those ones. I am happy because a ton of people thought I was really good!!

Congrat's!!! Those are three killer songs...and Surrender being first...well, that's just a storybook moment!

Hey...any pics of the performance?

• Like 1

Crazy On You(Heart)

Fourtinate Son(CCR)

Very cool. Post pics...we're all happy for you!
  • Like 2

BURPOLOPOLOUS...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20parka.gif

Very cool! Had he been deployed abroad?

He served a few tours in South Carolina--something us hard-jokers poked some fun about :D

Family and friends were used to seeing him for a couple weeks every July, which they hadn't received this year.

As expected, everyone currently fights over his presence :LOL:

• Like 2

My Current BFF, Mike Gyde, was in the Army for three years, in the states, down in Fort Leonard, La. When he returned in June of '79, he got a job in a screw mfg factory. He stayed at that job about two years when he decided to enter the service again, this time The Air Force. They were not as kind placement wise. He ended up in the Philippines, and exited The Air Force In 1999. I remember his 'coming home' event.....he'd already found the woman who would tolerate him, Earnette, and he married her in 1984. They had three kids and such...bla bla bla....He and I still get together regularly and are planning to visit a Gun range in Ann Arbor soon....I KNOW you had fun, TOG!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%20island%20shark.gif

• Like 1

Finishing the two paint organizers and cleaning up some around this place....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20with%20mario.gif

I love the fact that I can cook. It makes life much tastier :D

Doesn't it though?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20grin%20teeth.gif

Had to go to Wal-Mart this morning. :scared: But the trip was worth it. Almost on the way out "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" came on. I had to do violence to myself so I didn't start dancing around. It's rare I have such open space to dance, and it's a hard song for me to keep still. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

Had to go to Wal-Mart this morning. :scared: But the trip was worth it. Almost on the way out "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" came on. I had to do violence to myself so I didn't start dancing around. It's rare I have such open space to dance, and it's a hard song for me to keep still. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I had a friend who reminds me a lot of what you're describing! She was a BIG fan of the late '70s, early '80s groups, like Joe Jackson, The Police, Cheap Trick, etc.[she was also a HUGE RUSH fan...] and she would break into a dance everytime a song she liked came on! Jodie Mansfield [nee Gietzel] Was a VERY happy go lucky person and she died of cancer just months before my BFF Dave Plummer did.....but she exhibited the same joy you experienced at Wally World!...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20Michael%20Jackson%20purple.gif

• Like 1

The next time i'm just going to start dancing. Considering Wal-Mart's clientele, they won't think me that odd for doing it. If I see someone nearby who looks like they might know how to dance, I may just grab them.

The last time I was in the store the same thing happened when an old favorite song came on.

The next time, I am just going to DO IT. :7up:

• Like 4