The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Principled Man

The series is now complete. I'm rather bummed about it.

EXCELLENT film making. I was skeptical about The Hunger Games when I first sat in the theater to watch the first film, but I was absolutely riveted from the first minute to the final scene of Mockingjay, Part 2 that I saw today. All the performances were excellent, but I was consistently impressed by Donald Sutherland's performance as the devious and sadistic President Snow.

The morals of The Hunger Games were all too clear. Fighting tyranny, oppression, and Evil is a dirty, nasty and painful job. Power can corrupt anyone......and if you're not very careful, you can become the very enemy that you swore to defeat.

Two Thumbs WAY UP for the entire series. :ebert: :ebert: I shall enjoy watching all four films on Blu-ray from time to time.

http://sites.psu.edu/ericz/wp-content/uploads/sites/18210/2014/12/mockingjay.jpeg

Edited by Principled Man

I loved reading Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but hated Mockingjay. If I wanted to read a book dealing with a bunch of politics and important characters dying all over the place, I'd just go watch the news. So while I thought the first two movies were excellent, I won't be seeing the Mockingjay films. Not to take away from some of the great acting in the movies, though. Jennifer Lawrence and Woody Harrelson were great.

Would definitely watch the first two films over and over again.

Edited by BowlCity