Test For Echo vinyl review

YYZumbi

I just ended last song on the new Test For Echo vinyl that I got in yesterday.

And first of, I must say that I really like this album. Every song is great! No matter what people say.

But this vinyl... it sounds really bad. It got lower volume then the CD. And it sounds like its being played under a big pillow.

Really disappointed with the sound mix...

I say this is their worst vinyl release so far. I hope Feedback and Snakes & Arrows is not this bad.

Is everyone of your vinyls lower in volume compared to a cd? On my stereo the vinyls are a little lower in volume compared to my cds, but it's just a matter of turning the volume up a notch.

But if the vinyl is lower in volume compared to your other vinyls, well then that's a problem. But we're talking a noticeable drop in volume.

I just ended last song on the new Test For Echo vinyl that I got in yesterday.

And first of, I must say that I really like this album. Every song is great! No matter what people say.

But this vinyl... it sounds really bad. It got lower volume then the CD. And it sounds like its being played under a big pillow.

Really disappointed with the sound mix...

I say this is their worst vinyl release so far. I hope Feedback and Snakes & Arrows is not this bad.

You're not the first one who has said that the T4E LP sounds bad. That's a shame. The CD sounds pretty good to me. I was hoping the same for the LP.

Is everyone of your vinyls lower in volume compared to a cd? On my stereo the vinyls are a little lower in volume compared to my cds, but it's just a matter of turning the volume up a notch.

But if the vinyl is lower in volume compared to your other vinyls, well then that's a problem. But we're talking a noticeable drop in volume.

For me personally I hear a notable difference in dynamic range with the vinyl master compared to their CD or digital master at least of the music I own in both formats. I'm not sure if its necessarily quieter on vinyl, but it does seem "cleaner" sounding in most cases. Then again, I'm just going by my own perspective and not necessarily by technical knowledge.

For me personally I hear a notable difference in dynamic range with the vinyl master compared to their CD or digital master at least of the music I own in both formats. I'm not sure if its necessarily quieter on vinyl, but it does seem "cleaner" sounding in most cases. Then again, I'm just going by my own perspective and not necessarily by technical knowledge.

I just received the Presto LP reissue as a birthday gift, and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound.

Too bad about TFE; I was considering making other purchases based on this Presto LP.

It's not the vinyl, it's the turntable. I listen to a CD with the volume knob at 9 o'clock but the turntable has to go up to 12 o'clock to get the same volume. Dynamic range on Signals is way better on vinyl and really clear, the open string on the arpeggio in New World Man hovers beautifully.

If the vinyl has more dynamic range then the mastering is the reason. CDs can handle more dynamic range and the album was digital to begin with so if they are releasing vinyl with more dynamic range the CD buyers are getting ripped off by poor mastering choices.

If the vinyl has more dynamic range then the mastering is the reason. CDs can handle more dynamic range and the album was digital to begin with so if they are releasing vinyl with more dynamic range the CD buyers are getting ripped off by poor mastering choices.

You took the words right out of my mouth!