Blu Ray problems on PS3

9 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not, but I'm curious to find out. My blu ray basically doesn't work properly in my PS3. Shortly after playing, the disc either freezes completely, as though the disc has paused, or in some cases, stays frozen for a minute or two, before skipping way ahead. Either way, it's of no use. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Does exchanging it for a DVD help matters much?

Sponsored Post

#2 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:53 PM

Yes I've heard of people having trouble on the Playstations. Other people seem to be having random issues with them.  I can't say I'm surprised, because one of the first comments on Amazon about the disc was that it was Region 2 which apparently can cause issues with a lot of players in the US.

#3 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10245 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

If this is a common problem specific to the R40 Blu-ray, I'd file it with whoever you bought it from.

Have you tried playing other Blu-rays on your PS3?

#4 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 27 November 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

Yes I've heard of people having trouble on the Playstations. Other people seem to be having random issues with them.  I can't say I'm surprised, because one of the first comments on Amazon about the disc was that it was Region 2 which apparently can cause issues with a lot of players in the US.
thanks for the info. It's good to know that it's not limited to my blu ray, or my playstation. Do you happen to know if buying the DVD version resolves the problems?

#5 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 27 November 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

If this is a common problem specific to the R40 Blu-ray, I'd file it with whoever you bought it from.

Have you tried playing other Blu-rays on your PS3?
Yes, all other Blu Rays that I have work fine on my PS3.... it's just so bizarre.

#6 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostPhantom, on 27 November 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 27 November 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

thanks for the info. It's good to know that it's not limited to my blu ray, or my playstation. Do you happen to know if buying the DVD version resolves the problems?

Yeah as far as I've heard, the DVD doesn't have that issue.  I got my blu-ray from Best Buy and haven't had any problems. I have heard people getting them from Amazon and other places online did.

#7 pfrushfan0122

pfrushfan0122

The Seeker

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

I've played my R40 bluray several times now on my PS3 and haven't experienced any of these problems.... Don't know what it is about the discs...

#8 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

it seems that my only solution will be to buy the DVD.. which isn't the worst thing in the world. it's just a shame that the Blu Ray won't work at all...

#9 Hear Again

Hear Again

The Seeker

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Make sure your PS-3 has the latest firmware update installed....

#10 ChrisUK

ChrisUK

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostHear Again, on 02 December 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

Make sure your PS-3 has the latest firmware update installed....
Yes I've read that this can be an important factor.
Also for conventional blu-ray players.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users