Town Hall clips with Geddy and Alex

SiriusRushFan

Been awhile, so I thought I'd drop by to post 3 small vids from today...

SiriusXM had Geddy and Alex chatting in their Town Hall studio about different topics. It was a 1 hour Q n A show. Not sure why Moore was hosting, as this is the first time I've seen him host anything. Anyway, here's a few highlights from the Town Hall. Until next time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5UBnk-JOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lI8V5rQ_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p75V7EFiDmU

• Like 7

Jesus Christ....Michael Moore is a giant piece of shit. He's probably the most disgusting human alive

That's a bit harsh. I don't care for him either but I wouldn't go that far.

• Like 2

Jesus Christ....Michael Moore is a giant piece of shit. He's probably the most disgusting human alive

Maybe there was a bit of hyperbole in my post :LOL:

I listened to this town hall last night as I was driving to my (very) elderly parents to spend the holiday with them.

Most impressed by the town hall. It was a real treat to have Michael Moore host it. When I heard that he was hosting I really hoped for the best and I felt he definitely delivered. Unlike some here I really like the guy - I think his books and movies have been 1st rate. IMO he did a really good job and his ending when he thanked the band for everything and wished them well on behalf of all Rush fans was just classy. Actually, I was almost in tears. Very well done.

The questions from the crowd were much better than I anticipated they would be - congrats to all involved. All 2 often the questions leave me saying "O brother - what a stupid question!!" Most of these did not - in fact they were actually good.

Thanks for posting the 3 links that were posted - I found these 3 parts to be the most interesting parts of the show.

My take on Geddy / Rush is that their is some major division and frustration in the band, The part where Moore mentioned the air drumming by Rush fans at shows and Geddy said something like "Yeah, and some of them are really good. I wonder if some of them would be available." said a lot to me.

I figured when R40 was over the band was done. Based on this I am starting to wonder if they might try to continue without Neil.

Perhaps the way to go would be to have Neil write the lyrics and do the studio drumming. For the tour (if any) they might try to find another drummer and perhaps a keyboard player. That would free Geddy up to just play base and sing. Alex now seems like he might be open to playing and touring.

Perhaps the band would not be called Rush. They might call it something else.

Prior to this show I would never have thought that this could happen. Now, after this show, I am open to this possibility.

Thanks again for the OP! Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving (if you are celebrating it).

• Like 1

:LOL:

I pretty much felt that Neil was the underlying issue, as well as Alex being a little physically challenged, but the way he talked about it, it seemed like he was fine this tour, and was ready to keep going. I honestly thought that with the level of "show" that they were schlepping from gig to gig, that they would have a second leg in early 2016.....but still Neil seems like the deciding factor.

You DO have to admit that Neil does bang the living shit out of his drums every night, and at 60-ish that's not an easy feat to accomplish. I know at my age after playing hard for 20 minutes, I can feel it...how to play at THAT level for almost three hours must be pretty grueling... You'd think they'd go back to the shorter shows with an opening act...but hey, that's wishful thinking.

Anything further is just a bonus....We thought Test For Echo was the last hurrah, but we got another 12-13 years out of them after Vapor Trails was released... take it as you get it. (and enjoy the bootlegs and box sets that come out)

• Like 2

I can't stand him either, but in this interview, he was pretty good. He didn't make it about himself.

• Like 1

I REALLY hope they get together for 1 last album. Clockwork Angels was so awesome I really think they could do something great again.

I'd love another album too, but *only* if they get a different/real producer. Otherwise, it'll likely be unlistenable......again.

• Like 2

I don't know, maybe something is brewing here - the fact that there are a ton of you tube videos with Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters performing RUSH songs, the Hall Of Fame induction, he's here, etc

Maybe they are setting us up for something, I ya know what I mean

I REALLY hope they get together for 1 last album. Clockwork Angels was so awesome I really think they could do something great again.

I'd love another album too, but *only* if they get a different/real producer. Otherwise, it'll likely be unlistenable......again.

I never had a problem with Clockwork Angel's production personally, but I know a lot of people do, so it would be nice if they got a different producer. I really think musically Clockwork Angels is fantastic and I think the production turns a lot of people off unfortunately.

I never had a problem with Clockwork Angel's production personally, but I know a lot of people do, so it would be nice if they got a different producer. I really think musically Clockwork Angels is fantastic and I think the production turns a lot of people off unfortunately.

The problem is that it suffers severely from the "brickwall" effect that producers these days seem to think fans want in their 'modern' music. Compress the crap out of the recording so that all the musicians just blend into a big ball of noise.

The wonderful thing about Terry Brown's productions was that he allowed every instrument room to breathe. The space and separation in the sound allows you to clearly hear what each individual is playing and also to still be able to hear that clarity when you turn up the volume. Producers like Nick R, on the other hand, seem to think they're doing us a favor by jacking up the volume on everything ahead of time in the mix, which basically strips out the dynamic range that any GOOD producer would tell you is the heart of recorded music.

IMO, CA is a far worse offender of bad production than the original VT and I've never understood why the band felt a need to correct the latter, but NOT the former. That's in part because I feel the material on CA is much stronger and I'd listen to the cd a lot more often if it didn't sound so overprocessed and lifeless.