Rush | Mel's Rockpile/Lakeside Park/Anthem - R40 LIVE on youtbe

YYZumbi

This is one of the tracks from this I won't listen to often, Geddy just has a lot of trouble with enunciation. Still appreciate the effort

I kinda like it.

Thou I must say that this got the worst 2112 ever. Geddy couldent sing it.

This is one of the tracks from this I won't listen to often, Geddy just has a lot of trouble with enunciation. Still appreciate the effort

I kinda like it.

Are you kidding? Unlike the last two releases, you can actually understand what he's saying

• Like 1

I kinda like it.

Are you kidding? Unlike the last two releases, you can actually understand what he's saying

So Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels Tour had a better 2112?

I kinda like it.

I was saying R40's 2112 was better than Clockwork Angels Tour and Time Machine Tour. Better mix and better vocal performance

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 3

I kinda like it.

I was saying R40's 3112 was better than Clockwork Angels Tour and Time Machine Tour. Better mix and better vocal performance

Yeah I would agree with that.

I kinda like it.

I was saying R40's 2112 was better than Clockwork Angels Tour and Time Machine Tour. Better mix and better vocal performance

No way! This R40 2112 is much worse then those earlier!

First time I was listening to the R40 Live album, I was closing my eyes and just listening, but at 2112, it was so bad so I was like :o

Edited by YYZumbi

I kinda like it.

Yowsa.

• Like 2

I kinda like it.

Yowsa.

Indeed.

• Like 1

BUMP!

One thing i've found weird about Geddy's voice in 2112 is the way he sings the chorus of Temples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpYRukFkSI

He hits the notes (C5s) on "of the temples" with a very weak, thin sound.

However, what's weird when he hits notes of the same pitch on Hemispheres Prelude, Red Barchetta, and The Camera Eye, he doesn't use that tone, instead singing with his normal, fuller sound.

He also never hits notes like that on any other song.

Can someone try to explain why this is?

Edited by Eel Yddeg

BUMP!

One thing i've found weird about Geddy's voice in 2112 is the way he sings the chorus of Temples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdpYRukFkSI

He hits the notes (C5s) on "of the temples" with a very weak, thin sound.

However, what's weird when he hits notes of the same pitch on Hemispheres Prelude, Red Barchetta, and The Camera Eye, he doesn't use that tone, instead singing with his normal, fuller sound.

He also never hits notes like that on any other song.

Can someone try to explain why this is?

The filange that connects his upper trachea to the core of his adam's apple plays a big part.

Because his voice has degraded.

What confuses me is that he sings the notes with that bad tone just on that one song, whereas on other songs they sound better.

It probably has something to do with the way the notes are put together. Singing is more than just individual notes.

• Like 1

Because his voice has degraded.

What confuses me is that he sings the notes with that bad tone just on that one song, whereas on other songs they sound better.

It probably has something to do with the way the notes are put together. Singing is more than just individual notes.

Hmm. I see what you mean.

Still does confuse me why he sings entire melodies around high C so well in Hemispheres prelude, but can't sing one line like that in 2112.