"Detroit Rock City" Finally On Blu-Ray! One Of The Greatest Movies Of All Time! LIZZY! UFO! KISS!!! DEVIL'S MUSIC! COBO HALL!

RUSHHEAD666

I saw this movie in the theater before it was released and I instantly fell in love with it!

I've had it on DVD for years and years. Always worth watching once a year.

Well finally it's on blu-ray!!!!!!! AMEN!

This is truly one of the greatest films ever made. Well ok in the "comedy" genre of films.

I seriously don't think that anyone of you who leaves a comment will say this film sucks.

If you do, then you must be no fun in bed or perhaps just a person who can't relate to KISS!

If you hate KISS then you can just I will just bend over so you can KISS MY ASS!"

KISS ARMY MUTHAS!

KISS RULES!!!

If you don't agree then go into your bathroom and pull the trigger of your "LOVE GUN!"

"LIGHTS OUT LIGHTS OUT IN DETROIT!"

Signed,

Phil Moog

Dang Lucas is gonna love this one! Earl I have never heard of this, is it a concert with these 3 bands because I of course love me some 70's UFO... :)

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Dang Lucas is gonna love this one! Earl I have never heard of this, is it a concert with these 3 bands because I of course love me some 70's UFO... :)

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

http://www.posterplanet.net/images/detroitrock.jpg

Thanks Johnny. I just looked it up and my question in retrospect was a dumb one. I certainly have no interest in this at all that is for sure... :codger:
  • Like 1

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

Thanks Johnny. I just looked it up and my question in retrospect was a dumb one. I certainly have no interest in this at all that is for sure... :codger:

No problem.

Honestly, I don't remember laughing all that much BUT the soundtrack is 80% kick ass. That minus 20% includes Everclear doing a cover of "The Boys are Back in Town" and Marilyn Manson doing "Highway to Hell". f**k that. Should've stuck with the original versions.

I am not usually easily won over by comedies, but I love Detroit Rock City - KISS or no KISS

Narps, the band only plays a song at the end of the film ... While the plot centers around 4 kids determined to get to see their heroes, by no means is this a "KISS movie" ..

It is non-stop and entertaining, esp if you grew up in the 1970s

You absolutely don't need to be a KISS fan to enjoy this .... The highway scene alone is worth the price of admission

• Like 1

Funny movie, although Shannon Tweed is lost on me, wrong sex. Reminded me very much of a 70's adventure where my girlfriend won tickets (from WMMS, no less) to see Bruce Springsteen at the Agora in Cleveland in 1978. Who from Pittsburgh knew it was an 18 and over club? Took some friendly flirting with the bouncer to convince him that a blood donor card was a valid ID to get my girlfriend in. And Lucas is right, the highway scene is hilarious!
  • Like 2

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

Hahaha! Hey Narps! You would love this movie for the soundtrack alone!!! YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE!!! IT'S ROCK AND ROLL BUDDY!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I am thankful I still have my house.

Thankful for my awesome girls.

Thankful for my parents.

Thankful for the military.

Thankful for rock and roll

Thankful for BEER!

Thankful for being able to play the drums!

Thankful for having awesome friends!

Thankful for having awesome Rush Forum Friends like you!!!!

TRUST ME!

WATCH "DETROIT ROCK CITY!"

• Like 3

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

EVEN THE POSTER RULES!! I have one still rolled up when I went to the free screening in San Jose.

I saw "Beyond The Lighted Stage" in San Jose too! One night only.

I LIVE FOR ROCK!

Lights out chicago!!!

Phil Mogg

NARPS!

You must watch this movie! I have an extra copy on BLU-RAY!

PM your address and I will mail it to you!

Any early Christmas gift!

Earl

TRUST ME

• Like 1

I am not usually easily won over by comedies, but I love Detroit Rock City - KISS or no KISS

Narps, the band only plays a song at the end of the film ... While the plot centers around 4 kids determined to get to see their heroes, by no means is this a "KISS movie" ..

It is non-stop and entertaining, esp if you grew up in the 1970s

You absolutely don't need to be a KISS fan to enjoy this .... The highway scene alone is worth the price of admission

You took the words I mean the frigging font right out of my mouth or eh fingers!

You don't have to like KISS to love this movie!

It's a well written witty masterpiece.

• Like 1

Funny movie, although Shannon Tweed is lost on me, wrong sex. Reminded me very much of a 70's adventure where my girlfriend won tickets (from WMMS, no less) to see Bruce Springsteen at the Agora in Cleveland in 1978. Who from Pittsburgh knew it was an 18 and over club? Took some friendly flirting with the bouncer to convince him that a blood donor card was a valid ID to get my girlfriend in. And Lucas is right, the highway scene is hilarious!

I like her but yeah her part in the film was out from left field. Just in the film because of Gene.

Interesting to note.

Gene was in on the production of the film. Paul was not.

You would think that both would always invest in something together. Interesting.

Hey, I know KISS isn't the most talented band in the galaxy but man I can't help it. I grew up with them.

I will love KISS until the day I die.

"Detroit Rock City" makes me feel 10 years old again.

Funny thing, the first lp I have had was "Destroyer." I got it from Santa. Yep, I was 8 years young.

I even filled out the card inside the sleeve.

Yep! I was 8 years old and I belonged to the KISS ARMY!

All the Maiden fans love to say UP THE IRONS!

Well,

I love yelling.............

KISS ARMY!!!!!

• Like 1

Most good movies have a classic scene or two in amongst a good movie

Detroit Rock City is classic scene after scene .. I can't even say which is my favorite

Dey put da fag makeup on ya

LOL

HAHAHAHA! You said it all!

This movie will defy the laws of tradition. KISS ARMY FOREVER!

Love,

PRIMUS

KISS > anyone else

Hahaha! You've got balls man! I love it.

I will admit when I go into a KISS MODE they are the greatest band in the world.

RUSH = KISS

The thing is - there is a big part of me that will always be that 10 year old who would hyperventilate when I'd seen them on late night TV

• Like 2

KISS > anyone else

Hahaha! You've got balls man! I love it.

I will admit when I go into a KISS MODE they are the greatest band in the world.

RUSH = KISS

The thing is - there is a big part of me that will always be that 10 year old who would hyperventilate when I'd seen them on late night TV

I totally get you Lucas. I'm 47 and I feel like a ten year old when it comes to all of that Seventies hard rock and prog music.

It keeps me young.

You know how plants thrive and grow and live long when you play music for them.

Well, the same thing happens to human beings.

I am a fukking plant man.

I am thriving, growing and staying young thanks to music.

The last three years of my life have been Hell and I bet you couldn't even really tell with the exception of a few negative posts.

I am finally at the end of my divorce and I thank my family, my friends, Rush Forum and MUSIC!

KISS FUKKING RULES!!!

The Haters of this band must be tone deaf or just plain too stuck the fukk up to enjoy classic melodic energetic rock and roll!!!

• Like 1