Offically retired rush now after this r40!!!!!! dvd

nicky6

Ok, I love rush and will always be my fav band. But for me. things have to end and i'am not fooling myself anymore. They are done. But to me. the ending (at least for poor Geddys voice) was the end of the first leg of the snakes tour, he still sounded really good here. I feel there wasn't a need for all these 2 nd legs and clockwork angels tour could have been better vocally without a second leg and a much unNecessary time machine tour.. So, this lastest r40 dvd, I really wanted to like. I didn't. that horrible straining singing is atrosich...Just cant stand to hear it. Guy sounds like hes recovering from a stroke.. So, the fist leg of snakes and beyond a lighted stage is my final send off. I will always think of r30 as a great tour were Geddy still sounded reasonable. But I will always cherish my past tour bootlegs too..R.I.P. RUSH.. The only thing new I will buy from them unless its old shows from 1976-1997.. that's it... Edited by nicky6

Ok, I love rush and will always be my fav band. But for me. things have to end and i'am not fooling myself anymore. They are done. But to me. the ending (at least for poor Geddys voice) was the end of the first leg of the snakes tour, he still sounded really good here. I feel there wasn't a need for all these 2 nd legs and clockwork angels tour could have been better vocally without a second leg and a much unNecessary time machine tour.. So, this lastest r40 dvd, I really wanted to like. I didn't. that horrible straining singing is atrosich...Just cant stand to hear it. Guy sounds like hes recovering from a stroke.. So, the fist leg of snakes and beyond a lighted stage is my final send off. I will always think of r30 as a great tour were Geddy still sounded reasonable. But I will always cherish my past tour bootlegs too..R.I.P. RUSH.. The only thing new I will buy from them unless its old shows from 1976-1997.. that's it...

Good for you. :zzz:

• Like 3

Is all you post about Geddy's aging voice? Honestly I got used to it after a while, and R40 Live isn't even close to his worst vocal performance (Time Machine, Clockwork Angels Tour.) I think we understand by now how much you can't stand his voice because it's pretty much the only thing you post about. Edited by DirkPrattLerxst
  • Like 3

would like to fight. but oops. gotta go,,, my moms calling me for dinner. yeah, iam 38 and still living at home.. gotta love life. walking on easy street... maybe someday I will look for a job.. Edited by nicky6

Eat my putrid faeces.

Rush aren't over til they say its over!

(And even then, I have my doubts!)

• Like 2

Ok, I love rush and will always be my fav band. But for me. things have to end and i'am not fooling myself anymore. They are done. But to me. the ending (at least for poor Geddys voice) was the end of the first leg of the snakes tour, he still sounded really good here. I feel there wasn't a need for all these 2 nd legs and clockwork angels tour could have been better vocally without a second leg and a much unNecessary time machine tour.. So, this lastest r40 dvd, I really wanted to like. I didn't. that horrible straining singing is atrosich...Just cant stand to hear it. Guy sounds like hes recovering from a stroke.. So, the fist leg of snakes and beyond a lighted stage is my final send off. I will always think of r30 as a great tour were Geddy still sounded reasonable. But I will always cherish my past tour bootlegs too..R.I.P. RUSH.. The only thing new I will buy from them unless its old shows from 1976-1997.. that's it...

Good you can consider them retired. If they do tour again, you dont have to see them!

All I know is my dad and I couldn't have been more impressed with his voice when we went to the Chicago show. He was on fire vocally, even on the really old stuff. Only song he sounded bad on was CTTH, but that's forgivable.

Sounds a little over the top drama. Seeing R40 in Vancouver and Seattle, I thought RUSH was at the top of their game. I've seen them 16 times since the Hemispheres tour, so I do have decades of reference.

• Like 1