2112 vs Hold Your Fire

AnEggplant

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Hold Your Fire

When we're getting to the point where we're comparing Feedback to Moving Pictures or Test for Echo to Hemispheres...stop, just stop.

Hold Your Fire has got a decent percentage of votes.

• Like 2

When we're getting to the point where we're comparing Feedback to Moving Pictures or Test for Echo to Hemispheres...stop, just stop.

Shocking to be honest and bordering on sad. Just my opinion...

Even if you removed the epic side one of 2112, I would take side 2 alone in a heartbeat over all of HYF. Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 1

Even if you removed the epic side one of 2112, I would take side 2 alone in a heartbeat over all of HYF.

Amen. Put side one and two together and there is no contest. There are only 2 or 3 albums better than 2112 and maybe not even that many in my view. Brilliant work it is... :)

That makes no sense dude. I happen to love HYF for reasons I outlined earlier but 2112 is better in fact its a top tier Rush album and HYF Is in the middle of the pack. U love Farewell while I think it's a middle tier album. That when u came around to Rush. HYF is when I came around. To each their own.

Edited by Digital Dad

That makes no sense dude. I happen to love HYF for reasons I outlined earlier but 2112 is better in fact its a top tier Rush album and HYF Is in the middle of the pack.

Wait a sec. HYF is middle of the pack and 2112 is top tier Rush and my statement makes NO sense? Folks can love HYF and love it more than 2112 I really don't care to be honest it just makes no sense to me personally. I even like HYF but its still worse than anything 74'- 84' in my opinion. It's just my opinion nothing more....
  • Like 1

That makes no sense dude. I happen to love HYF for reasons I outlined earlier but 2112 is better in fact its a top tier Rush album and HYF Is in the middle of the pack.

Wait a sec. HYF is middle of the pack and 2112 is top tier Rush and my statement makes NO sense? Folks can love HYF and love it more than 2112 I really don't care to be honest it just makes no sense to me personally. I even like HYF but its still worse than anything 74'- 84' in my opinion. It's just my opinion nothing more....

its shocking, bordering on sad to you that HYF has received a number of votes, now you say you don't really care? Thats what makes no sense.

2112 is a lovely album, no faulting it.

But to vote 2112 because it is one of only two albums the media seems to recognise is unfair because I think HYF is a far more beautiful, and emotional, record. Side 2 of 2112 is fun, but feels empty, it gives me nothing!

its shocking, bordering on sad to you that HYF has received a number of votes, now you say you don't really care? Thats what makes no sense.

Gotcha. That makes sense then. I just rechecked and 13-3 doesn't really surprise me. At first it was closer...

As much as I love 2112, HYF for me

^ This.

I love 2112- fantastic record, and I believe it was the first Rush album I ever heard from start to finish.

But for me, Hold Your Fire is more enjoyable and more heartfelt, through and through.