2112 vs Hold Your Fire

AnEggplant

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Hold Your Fire

I noticed this about Rush. To my ears the 70's albums they had trouble making full through statements.

Rush(I really only like Working Man

FBN(I like Anthem, Beneath Between and Behind, and In the End(

COS (i Love it all)

2112 (i just said)

AFTK (Just Xanadu

Hemispheres(Full album)

80's they seem to click more for me.

this is all just me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I noticed this about Rush. To my ears the 70's albums they had trouble making full through statements.

COS (i Love it all)

2112 (i just said)

AFTK (Just Xanadu

Hemispheres(Full album)

this is all just me.

Mick

I really am starting to appreciate the 80s more, I still don't really care for Signals all that much, but I love Grace Under Pressure and I'm gaining an appreciation for Power Windows and Hold Your Fire.

• Like 1

COS (i Love it all)

2112 (i just said)

AFTK (Just Xanadu

Hemispheres(Full album)

this is all just me.

Mick

I really am starting to appreciate the 80s more, I still don't really care for Signals all that much, but I love Grace Under Pressure and I'm gaining an appreciation for Power Windows and Hold Your Fire.

the only 80's album i have trouble with is Grace, lol

Mick

• Like 2

COS (i Love it all)

2112 (i just said)

AFTK (Just Xanadu

Hemispheres(Full album)

this is all just me.

Mick

the only 80's album i have trouble with is Grace, lol

Mick

I know, but I'm not sure why, it's got so much good stuff. :D

• Like 1

I'm actually starting to get the Hold Your Fire appeal, I may be changing my vote from 2112...

Of course. Just skip the last two and you will be fine. Good grief....
  • Like 1

COS (i Love it all)

2112 (i just said)

AFTK (Just Xanadu

Hemispheres(Full album)

this is all just me.

Mick

Its not just you but close enough thankfully... :D
  • Like 1

I'm actually starting to get the Hold Your Fire appeal, I may be changing my vote from 2112...

Sorry Narps. :(

Sorry Narps. :(

Hey whatever. My top albums can't and never change because the music hasn't changed in 30 years and I am certainly not gonna change that is for sure....

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

^^^^ In stone

Everything else from 74' - 84' depending on my mood in no particular order

The rest of the hit or miss mess 85' - current with HYF being the best of said mess... :) :codger:

• Like 2

2112 no contest here. Tried listening to HYF, can't bring myself to burning a copy, much less buying. And to ice the cake, those God awful photos of them.

Dunno what I dislike more, HYF or VT, will need to listen to the VT remix to decide.

I feel like everyone "has" to love 2112, and also "hate" the last two tracks on HYF.

Screw that! Tai Shan and High Water are better than anything off side 2 of 2112.

• Like 1

I feel like everyone "has" to love 2112, and also "hate" the last two tracks on HYF.

Screw that! Tai Shan and High Water are better than anything off side 2 of 2112.

I think Narps just had a heart attack.

Kidding of course, I don't think Tai Shan and High Water are better than 2112 side 2, but they certainly are better than a lot of people give them credit for. :)

• Like 2

Oh gag.

If it weren't for 2112, there would be no HYF or pretty much anything else past that. Though I have to say these two albums are at the polar opposite ends from each other as far as the style of music they are.

• Like 2

I'll be the first to defend Tai Shan (though High Water does actually suck), but The Twilight Zone kicks its a**.

Oh gag.

If it weren't for 2112, there would be no HYF or pretty much anything else past that. Though I have to say these two albums are at the polar opposite ends from each other as far as the style of music they are.

Without Led Zepplin, there probably would be no Rush, but I still prefer Rush (although I do love me some Zepplin!) Without 2112, there would be no Clockwork Angels but I still prefer Clockwork Angels.

Good Lord you did not just post that... :facepalm:
  • Like 2

Oh gag.

As much as I love Hold Your Fire, pitting it against 2112 is like comparing a calculator to a supercomputer. Not fair. 2112 far and away.

Bless you two and you know who you are. Wow... :) Edited by Narps

Oh gag.

As much as I love Hold Your Fire, pitting it against 2112 is like comparing a calculator to a supercomputer. Not fair. 2112 far and away.

Bless you two and you know who you are. Wow... :)

Last time I looked in the mirror I knew who I was. :P

Oh gag.

Without Led Zepplin, there probably would be no Rush, but I still prefer Rush (although I do love me some Zepplin!) Without 2112, there would be no Clockwork Angels but I still prefer Clockwork Angels.

Barf. ;)

• Like 2

Oh gag.

Barf. ;)

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

Oh gag.

Barf. ;)

I gotta go. I will be back tomorrow. Can't stand this any longer. Have a great day... :hi:
  • Like 1

Oh gag.

Barf. ;)

I gotta go. I will be back tomorrow. Can't stand this any longer. Have a great day... :hi:

:hi: