Segue Myles

Finally, Damn. lol

This will probably beat the LC album for me.

bold claim........but it's AB. and i prefer them, lol

Mick

Pfft good for you...

It's already way ahead of LC for me.

I CAN BE A FAN OF A BAND AND ADMIT WHEN I AM A FRACTION DISAPPOINTED!

And personally to me Delirium is B-Side material. Although oddly my three out of four favourite songs off Delirium are he bonus tracks haha!

All i know is A member of AB was the brightest spot of Delirium for me.

that's is Hilariouss in a way, lol

Mick

Nah not really.

I think having guest guitarists was a good move for LC to see that they have room to step up their game.

I like Delirium, but to be honest you can tell they had a lot of behind the scenes trouble.

• Like 1

Finally, Damn. lol

This will probably beat the LC album for me.

bold claim........but it's AB. and i prefer them, lol

Mick

Not a bold claim. There isn't a Lacuna Coil album I like better than any Alter Bridge album.

The fact that AB isn't bigger in the US still baffles me. They've produced some big rock radio hits off each album, they've played on a number of big touring festivals here over the last several years. Yet, they never seem to gain more fans.

Don't understand it at all.

You know, I can admit to loving LC a lot. But I could never say there music is better than Alter Bridge's.

Crazy, I know but to my ears Alter Bridge are the greatest band on the planet right now to emerge this century.

Sure, LC and Nightwish are 90's bands. I would rank Nightwish above Lacuna Coil but Alter Bridge are magic.

I have to say I hate this but LC have lost their hold on me. At least for now. I am not saying I do not love them but something has changed in them and as special as they are to me, this current era is not pushing all the right buttons. This is the first time I have been torn by an LC album.

After 11 years I think this is good going. If I am about to move on, so be it. I adore so many bands I am not going to be upset if LC fade.

As for Alter Bridge, after Fortress, which I think is creatively the bands best work yet (although I would rate ABIII higher), and after Tremonti's brilliant (if formulaic) double album of sorts Cauterize/Dust, I can safely say I know Alter Bridge are my album of the year.

Sure, I adore the new Thrice album but already it has faded.

2016 is currently the worst year for music for me since 2011. Alter Bridge won't be a let down. They will be a highlight.

Calling it now.

AB III was the album to hook me........that album has such a special glow about it.

Fortress was awesome a different direction of sorts.......but not any less brilliant.

It's amazing that THIS......emerged from the wreckage of Creed.

Mick

• Like 2

AB III was the album to hook me........that album has such a special glow about it.

Fortress was awesome a different direction of sorts.......but not any less brilliant.

Mick

The one really bad thing about Creed was Scott Stapp.

Musically, the band was good.

But you can tell in Creed that Tremonti wasn't playing the kind of music he really wanted to play. Alter Bridge is his true calling and where he shines the most.

• Like 1

Mick

Tremonti is the sole reason I find anything redeeming about Creed. The other two members who went on to form Alter Bridge were good but I never would have expected from them what they have since offered.

I don't hate Creed half as much as I hate Scott Tapp. It seems to me as soon as the band had the chance to move on they did so.

After all, One Day Remains is very Creed like but Myles really helps elevate the material. And without any input from Tapp the songs feel so much stronger.

Creed to me are a band with some merit. I don't dislike their music anywhere near as much as I do, say, the last Muse album or the lesser works of 30 Seconds To Mars.

But when I first discovered Alter Bridge I had no idea of the connection. I adored AB. Hated Creed.

When I then went back to Creed I could finally hear elements of the future band I would love so much and now I can say to a point I understand why they struck a chord with so many.

But for whatever reason AB haven't become the band of this generation I will never understand. Especially when fans of a super popular band like Shinedown or Halestorm could easily find so much to love in AB.

Maybe it's because they have no real watered down for radio-ready singles? Everything they have done has a touch of class.

• Like 2

Saw them last night with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed. What a kick ass freaking show!
  • Like 1

I was just coming here to post about this.

Good song! 6/10 and highly likely to grow further! I've been reading the listening party reviews on the ABNation forum regarding the album.

No ballads. No slower numbers. All metal and apparently an exceptional metal album as well!

Considering both ABIII and Fortress had mixed listening party reviews, I reckon we are onto a winner!

But this first single is not as infectious and glorious as Addicted To Pain was.

Edited by Segue Myles

I like it........is it Amazing? no.

but it's solid as hell.

my most anticipated release of 2016 so far.

the song- a solid 6/10

Mick

Early reports say it perfectly starts the album. So maybe in context we will up the rating!

• Like 1

but it's solid as hell.

the song- a solid 6/10

Mick

Early reports say it perfectly starts the album. So maybe in context we will up the rating!

Probably. This band has yet to disappoint me so..........looking forward to it. a lot.

Mick

but it's solid as hell.

the song- a solid 6/10

Mick

Probably. This band has yet to disappoint me so..........looking forward to it. a lot.

Mick

I'm going to be really honest and say...AB have the potential to release their worst album to date and still have it positioned in my top ten albums of the decade so far.

Honestly...it doesn't have to be the best album ever. They just have to give me an honest and skillful album.

And from what I've read, they have done that.

• Like 1

Listening parties? Album reviews already?

What's this October release date crap then?

Get the damn thing out now!

I KNOW!!!!

This happens every time with AB. Fans get a chance to hear it ages before...we read their thoughts...we gather the dust of ages on our heads as we await for it to finally see the light of day!

Why am I the only one keeping up on this stuff?

The lyrics are pretty generic in this song but it's delivered well, so I don't mind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTTkNlvrYeQ

it's funny you mentioned generic. it's the word that's popping up in my head the most with these new songs. lyric wise. musically i'm digging this stuff.

we shall see though.

Mick

Why am I the only one keeping up on this stuff?

The lyrics are pretty generic in this song but it's delivered well, so I don't mind it.

They've always had song like this. I love this one! Nothing wrong with uplifting, simple songwriting.

In fact I am loving the style of this album...it sounds more immediate and more direct. I noted the artwork carried the vibe of someone who wants to give an instant impression, and these songs really are living up to that.

It's got album of the year potential for me. I am happy for a commercial AB album.

Show Me A Leader is a great, and I meam GREAT album opener! Reminds me of the immediacy and the anthemic nature of Ties That Bind from Blackbird, in the way it kicks things off with a bang.

gonna find it.......causse i'm evil, lol.

Mick

I'm always here to help haha

THE WRITING ON THE WALL!!!!!

Oh my days what the hell I am in love with this record!