R40 Vocal mix better on CD then DVD/BR ?

eshine

Tony pointed out in another thread that Geds vocals are too high in the mix on the DVD.

I agree, his vocals are mixed far too loud, while his own volume cuts in and out. These and are easy, routine fixes. I appreciate the desire to keep things raw, and I think Ged gives another powerful performance - but his 62 year old voice does not benefit from the glare of HD.

Given how well the rest of the mix is, I'm surprised more attention wasn't given to round out the vocals

Curiously, these issues seem to be addressed in the CD mix? I think his vocals sound way better - pushed back to their rightful place in the mix with the edges smoothed out a bit, showcasing the power of his voice rather than shining a spotlight on the rougher aspects.

I think it’s a much more pleasurable listen and, for me, makes this their best sounding live CD since Different Stages.

yeah, the vocals are louder than the music and his voice has shown some wear and tear. I still like the DVD though

Tony pointed out in another thread that Geds vocals are too high in the mix on the DVD.

I agree, his vocals are mixed far too loud, while his own volume cuts in and out. These and are easy, routine fixes. I appreciate the desire to keep things raw, and I think Ged gives another powerful performance - but his 62 year old voice does not benefit from the glare of HD.

Given how well the rest of the mix is, I'm surprised more attention wasn't given to round out the vocals

Curiously, these issues seem to be addressed in the CD mix? I think his vocals sound way better - pushed back to their rightful place in the mix with the edges smoothed out a bit, showcasing the power of his voice rather than shining a spotlight on the rougher aspects.

I think it’s a much more pleasurable listen and, for me, makes this their best sounding live CD since Different Stages.

I need a giant magnifying glass to read this.
  • Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

I noticed this on quite a few of my most recent concert DVD purchases! Nightwish's Showtime, Storytime, Within Temptation's Hydra and others all sounded better on CD! Edited by Segue Myles

Odd but I thought something similar haha!

• Like 1

I finally got around to listening to the CDs and they sound really good. Very impressed with the sound quality of this recording especially compared to the last one.

I SAID GEDDYS VOCALS SOUND BETTER ON THE CD

;)

I SAID GEDDYS VOCALS SOUND BETTER ON THE CD

;)

Shouting won't exactly make the text size bigger. :LOL: