Legacy if T4E Marked the End

JohnRogers

Imagine if you will a world in which RUSH made no new music after T4E. Neil went full on hermit mode. What would the band's legacy be? RR HOF? What would Geddy and Alex have done? Would TRF exist?

How would you feel aboot the band?

The rnrhof vote was pressured due to the level of popularity they were experiencing because long time fans had the power to include them in movies and on tv. So, even though their post-t4e output has been spotty, their releases and touring since then solidified their legacy. On a personal level, I would mainly miss the live documents they have produced since t4e and clockwork Angels.

r30 should have been it. it would have been a perfect way to end a good thing. But nope got too goofy and the mystery was over. Althought beyond the lighted stage was great. they still could have made that tooo and it would have been a perfect ending. I liked rush better before they got all those goofy fans with their kids coming to the shows. urrhhhhhhhhhh
  • Like 2

r30 should have been it. it would have been a perfect way to end a good thing. But nope got too goofy and the mystery was over. Althought beyond the lighted stage was great. they still could have made that tooo and it would have been a perfect ending. I liked rush better before they got all those goofy fans with their kids coming to the shows. urrhhhhhhhhhh

100% agree. The group was at it's playing pinnacle and Ged could still enunciate clearly 90% of the time. Still would've missed them just as much as I do now but that's life...
  • Like 1

If they had quit after Power Windows my opinion of them wouldn't be any different than it is now to be honest because I had quit on them then anyway. I only reconnected with them because I went to the Vapor Trails tour to take my daughter and then the Snakes & Arrows show to take my son. I only really began being really interested again because I joined here. Nothing will ever change my opinion of there greatness from Grace Under Pressure back to the beginning. Love all of it... :codger:
  • Like 3

The R40 tour is the perfect end for the band. I love the recent increase in recognition RUSH is getting, and it's been fun to celebrate that success with everyone, my kids especially. Ending with T4E would have seen them go out with a whimper, and they and their fans deserve better than that.

:rush:

• Like 8

Imagine if you will a world in which RUSH made no new music after T4E. Neil went full on hermit mode. What would the band's legacy be? RR HOF? What would Geddy and Alex have done? Would TRF exist?

While I mostly loved Clockwork Angels, on balance I think I'd have preferred it that way to be honest. No Feedback, no S&A, no VT.

• Like 1

No Feedback, no S&A, no VT.

Those were three great tours. R30 in particular was phenomenal.
  • Like 3

I don't think I'd feel any differently about them. Love the band, I'd still play their stuff , no more and no less than I do now. There's other things to listen to regardless of the band's longevity.

So you're saying you liked Rush before they were cool?

You've overstayed your welcome...go to the NKOTB Forum and talk shit there!

--Clockwork Angels

• Like 6

Hipster rush fan?

• Like 3

I love Test for Echo, I know I'm alone on this but I enjoy it more than albums like Signals and Moving Pictures (not that those albums are bad, I love them too, but Test for Echo just gets more listens from me). It would've been sad that they quit, but I would've been happy with what they left us with. That said, If they leave now with Clockwork Angels as their final hurrah, I'd be more than satisfied. I personally think it's their best work.
  • Like 1

Hipster rush fan?

Insecure about Rush getting more recognition much?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/877/540/2d9.gif

Hipster rush fan?

http://www.welovemetal.com/newsite/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/hipster-metal-fan.jpg
  • Like 4