Getting my second copy from amazon today. hope its not bad batch.

10 replies to this topic

#1 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

With all the speed problems. hopefully I just got a bad one.. no one else on the planet seems to have this on theirs. motion problems, best buy is where I should have got it...

Sponsored Post

#2 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

just got my 2 nd one. and same problems. they must have rushed these all out without checking.. oh well,, look at red barchetta in particular. and you will see what I mean..

#3 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5840 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

View Postnicky6, on 22 November 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

just got my 2 nd one. and same problems. they must have rushed these all out without checking.. oh well,, look at red barchetta in particular. and you will see what I mean..

Oh no!  Sounds like you have had the worst luck with this!  I hope you can get your hands on a good copy!

#4 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

Do you happen to have your tv set for picture smoothing or motion blur correction?  That could cause some of the choppiness you describe if your tv is trying to compensate for motion.  Just a thought...

#5 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

Make sure you've updated your player. I've heard you can have issues like this if not.

#6 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

did all that. and 3 different tvs and players.s till the same. check out the part on red barchetta where he sings mechanical music. that's a real bad spot...

#7 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

View Postnicky6, on 22 November 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

did all that. and 3 different tvs and players.s till the same. check out the part on red barchetta where he sings mechanical music. that's a real bad spot...

Interesting. I just watched that part and I don't notice anything odd.

#8 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2219 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

With dual layer you may get a second or two of a freeze. But I have watched it twice....no real problems for me at all.

Edited by Todem, 22 November 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#9 mandydog

mandydog

The Seeker

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

Got my Blu-ray Friday, from Amazon. Have watched it twice with no speed or freezing issues. Cued up the suggested spot in Red Barchetta and it played fine. Playing in a five year old Pioneer Blu-ray player.  :huh:

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

View Postmandydog, on 22 November 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

Got my Blu-ray Friday, from Amazon. Have watched it twice with no speed or freezing issues. Cued up the suggested spot in Red Barchetta and it played fine. Playing in a five year old Pioneer Blu-ray player.  :huh:

Yeah I played mine several times over that spot and nothing. My player is about a year and a half old.

#11 Phantom

Phantom

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

I'm on my second copy of the blu ray and have the same problem as my first copy. The blu ray freezes on a random basis and when it does, there's no unfreezing of it. My only option is to shut down the ps3 and fire it up again...only to have the same problem.

I'll pick up the DVD version instead and hope for the best with that....but I'd be lying if I said I'm not completely disappointed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users