The Official Foo Fighters Thread

The Cat 3

Saw them in Phoenix a few months ago, from the Front Row Pit!

Maybe the best rock concert I've ever seen. These guys are the real deal, and they put on an in-your-face rock show. Amazing energy, great performances, perfect production, and their 2 hour and 40 minute set was a massive greatest hits show.

I was a fan before this concert, but now I'm a huge fan. More bands need to pay attention to the Foo's, and bring back the Rock.

I took some pretty nice pics from front row.

On my Facebook (public): Foo's Live Pics

• Like 4

Like the OP, it was a bit of a slow burn for me to become a full fan and it was the album One By One that did it as well. I remember after seeing the video for Big Me when the debut came out and thinking "what the f**k is this shit?" The 90s had no shortage of garbage rock music after Nirvana made it big and I thought this was just another one of those dumb bands from that time that was going nowhere.

Over the course of the next few albums with hits like My Hero, Everlong, Learning To Fly, One By One and Times Like These, I realized there was something good here with this band that I was missing out on. Those songs won me over and made me a casual fan but after buying One By One and listening to it is when I became a real fan. Love that album to death. One of my favorite albums from them along with The Color And The Shape, There's Nothing Left To Lose and the phenomenal Wasting Light.

I got to see them in 2011 on the Wasting Light tour and it was a fantastic show. That's my favorite album from them so it was great to see them on that tour. They played most of the album too which was a highlight for me and many others. Usually fans are into the big hits and nothing else for a lot of the big arena bands but most people were singing along with the new stuff as well. There is such a great, raw rock and roll energy to their shows. They played for almost 2 hours and 45 mins and gave no f***s about the usual 11pm curfew most large venues have since they played well over that. One of the better rock shows i've ever been to.

Here's the set from that show for anyone who cares:

http://www.setlist.f...y-1bd00d64.html

I think their newest album is good but I never listened to it that much. Nothing off it really grabbed me like Wasting Light and some of their other albums have. I'll try to revisit it again since this thread has but me in the mood for the band. I'll have to check out this free EP that randomly dropped today.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

This EP is quite possibly the purest, rawest thing they've ever released, even considering Wasting Light. It's absolutely excellent, and as a fan of rock music you should have no reason not to grab it while it's free.
  • Like 2

Saint Cecilia EP (5 new songs) available for FREE instant download by the band here: http://www.saintceciliaep.com/

See that's just one of the many things I love about the Foos. I ordered the Tee shirt and vinyl too. I love to support the musicians that are for real. Listening to the FLAC right now and it kicks ass. :haz:

• Like 1

The Foo Fighters' style is set in stone. And that's a good thing. Saint Cecilia is more of the same. And that's a good thing. The riffs are derivative, but honest and sincere. The melodies sneak up on you. By the second or third listen they sound better. Stronger. I like the Foo Fighters because they are inviting and comfortable. And that's a good thing.
  • Like 3

THE POO FIGHTERS!

Not my cup of pee, I mean tea.

Grohl is great. His band sucks just like Nirvana.

"Daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more, daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more."

Time for me to say goodnight.

I have to "BLEACH" my anus.

The Foo Fighters' style is set in stone. And that's a good thing. Saint Cecilia is more of the same. And that's a good thing. The riffs are derivative, but honest and sincere. The melodies sneak up on you. By the second or third listen they sound better. Stronger. I like the Foo Fighters because they are inviting and comfortable. And that's a good thing.

Yeah I have listened to it several times and I swear it gets better with every listen. It grows on you.

• Like 3

Yeah I have listened to it several times and I swear it gets better with every listen. It grows on you.

I agree with that. :)

• Like 3

everything nirvana did is better. those guys were already the pop rock version of sonic youth or the pixies, and Dave, smart man he was, was like "I know how to get even richer!"

luckily Dave has done what he could to get smaller bands he loves some exposure. like rerushed mentioned, he'll invite punk rockers on stage and his probot project had a lot of lesser known metal guys on it.

I wish I could get into foo fighters.

I'm one of the few open nirvana fans I know in real life. ������

Ha!! :D I quite like them, truth be told. I kind of became a fan of both bands being dragged kicking and screaming. But more than I "love" Nirvana I really respect their vision and efforts and historic importance. Mostly I'd ignored Foos until my wife really turned me onto them. I became a fan just prior to Wasting Light being released and haven't looked back. For me it was just about digging in (as it had been with Rush as well). I also happen to think Dave Grohl is just about the coolest bloke in rock perhaps outside the Rush boys, so that doesn't hurt either....

nirvana was one of the first bands I heard since my dad played them pretty regularly, and he'd liked them since bleach came out.

once I got into stuff like dinosaur Jr. I pretty much forgot nirvana but I'll always like them. the foos are catchy and all but they've just never interested me too much. grohl is a likable dude with good taste

• Like 1

I much prefer Foos To Nirvana, even if they're not as historically important. Not even close on that front, but FF's music is much better in my estimation.

Agreed. Few bands make an album technically great since the first record.

My favorites are Foo Fighters, The Colour and The Shape, There’s Nothing Left to Loose, In Your Honor, Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace.

Dave Grohl has incredible music knowledge and works with musicians/producers alike. His very charismatic with the audience.

• Like 1