Acronyms

gypsy muse

Can we PLEASE remember that not everyone here has been a fan since the beginning of time & doesn't know all the freaking acronyms!

I need to know what they mean!!! Come on folks. Would it kill ya to type out the words?!?!

Unrelatedly, I'm sorry I've ignored you for my twitter & Facebook Rush friends.

Also, when will I progress to the next level? I need goals see.

That is all.

Edited by gypsy muse
  • Like 2

Can we PLEASE remember that not everyone here has been a fan since the beginning of time & doesn't know all the freaking acronyms!

I need to know what they mean!!! Come on folks. Would it kill ya to type out the words?!?!

That is all.

TLDNR
  • Like 3

I'm the one that's most out of touch with all things modern and new on here, and even I can figure out most of them.

If you don't know, ask. Nothing wrong with asking questions. To the exasperation of many here, I ask questions all the time. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

That is all.

I think Segue put a list of the Rush acronyms up somewhere, I will try to find the thread. I'm with Lorraine, ask as many questions as you want! After a long day (and 23 yrs x 3 kids x 10 plus animals) I have lost brain cells and also still have to stop to think: PeW? PoW?? PW? MFH?? (My Favourite Headache, Geddy's solo album) WTF??? :D :D

• Like 1

That is all.

I think Segue put a list of the Rush acronyms up somewhere, I will try to find the thread. I'm with Lorraine, ask as many questions as you want! After a long day (and 23 yrs x 3 kids x 10 plus animals) I have lost brain cells and also still have to stop to think: PeW? PoW?? PW? MFH?? (My Favourite Headache, Geddy's solo album) WTF??? :D :D

I just type the whole title out now. Got tired of trying to remember the acceptable abbreviations. I never forgot being chastised because I could never get the Grace Under Pressure one right -P/g? G/p? By the time I figure it out and remember which one is correct, it is faster to just type Grace Under Pressure.

• Like 3

That is all.

I just type the whole title out now. Got tired of trying to remember the acceptable abbreviations. I never forgot being chastised because I could never get the Grace Under Pressure one right -P/g? G/p? By the time I figure it out and remember which one is correct, it is faster to just type Grace Under Pressure.

Ahahahaha , that is about what happens to me as well. Why can't every album be short and concise like 2112? No problems there. That Rush group is so rude sometimes! :D

• Like 3

It would make sense to learn the ones for the specific albums just on general principles but what other ones are used specifically here?
  • Like 2

That is all.

It's grace under pressure so p/g is correct.

• Like 2

It would make sense to learn the ones for the specific albums just on general principles but what other ones are used specifically here?

Maybe Gypsy will tell us the ones she was wondering about; I was wondering if it is just the album ones also??? I can't think of too many other ones that really get used much, maybe IMO ?

• Like 1

Maybe Gypsy will tell us the ones she was wondering about; I was wondering if it is just the album ones also??? I can't think of too many other ones that really get used much, maybe IMO ?

Hard to tell. I've been on other forums that had a lot more forum specific shorthand or abbreviations than this one.

• Like 1