Geddylee.net from 14 years ago.

grep

Thank you Slim for pointing out the archived version of the Geddyboard.

Here's a neat post Geddy made in Sept 2001. Which is interesting becasue I think it represented news of the return of Rush. Bookended with today - release day of what is probably their last live album.

Read on

Interesting as well ... his words posting about the aftermath of 9/11. Look where we are today.

PS: Delta Tau Ged! Weapon of Mass Seduction signing out.

Edited by grep
  • Like 7

Have Geddy written anything more recently on that site?

The site came down sometime in 03, I think. The index pages work... click around and see... a good portion of it is archived.

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Geddy *really* needs to write an autobiography. He is quite well-spoken AND well-written!

I thought that too.

• Like 1

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Geddy *really* needs to write an autobiography. He is quite well-spoken AND well-written!

I thought that too.

He should have enough free time now. :)

Think of all the great stories from over the years he could share. Heck, he probably has enough funny Alex stories alone to fill a book.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 2

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

I thought that too.

Think of all the great stories from over the years he could share. Heck, he probably has enough funny Alex stories alone to fill a book.

I can imagine that Alex got Geddy in trouble a lot over the years. :LOL:

• Like 2

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

I thought that too.

Hopefully, he could remember them!!!

#jacobsladderopeningnight

• Like 1

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

I thought that too.

Hopefully, he could remember them!!!

#jacobsladderopeningnight

So he has a few brain farts now and then......

#HelloHoustonIMeanDallas#

• Like 2

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

that would be pretty cool!
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2015 at 2:56 AM, TexMike said:

Thanks, I enjoyed that!

Here's a blast from the past in a thread about a blast from the past.

Fast forward to 2023 - and Ged's memoir is in the works!

• Like 5

Back in the glorious day when new Rush was possible. Genuinely made life worthwhile at times. All gone, like smoke in the wind :(

• Like 3

On 5/5/2023 at 6:18 PM, lifeson90 said:

Back in the glorious day when new Rush was possible. Genuinely made life worthwhile at times. All gone, like smoke in the wind :(

I was watching a PoW tour show on youtube the other day.   They were perfect.... Like, I know that it's just a rock band and times change.

But the energy, the playing, the technology.....the brotherhood with the other hard core fans down in front .....  I still miss this band. 

• Like 3

I know....

We still have all this music. I will listen to it for the rest of my life. But, they were still out there back then...

• Like 2

Thank you grep for reviving this piece (these pieces!) of history.

I had no idea there were even other forums for the guys. Why wouldn't there be? But I just never looked.

Why, for a band I listened to all my life, did I just simply not look around for more stuff about them? It was all about reading liner notes and the (very) odd article.

This feels similar to seeing RUSH Backstage Club Newsletters as an order on the Backstage website and buying it instantly.

Thank you very much! 

• Like 2