Bonus songs

chemistry

I'm wondering if they'll tell us where the other bonus songs were recorded. I'm betting on Newark, but have hopes for Buffalo...

Losing It with Jonathan Dinklage was recorded in LA. You can tell by the Ged's introduction.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

I'm scratching my head why Clockwork Angels was only included on the CD - the night 1 performance was good. All I can figure is there was some problem on the filming side of things that made it unusable.

Not sure where The Wreckers or The Camera Eye come from - there's nothing particularly telling on either track that would make it easily identifiable.

I'm wondering if they'll tell us where the other bonus songs were recorded. I'm betting on Newark, but have hopes for Buffalo...

The bonus Losing It isn't NJ or NY. I was at those shows.... different Geddy intros. I think it's from LA.

Nothing in the liner notes....

I am 99% certain "The Camera Eye" comes from Kansas City (yay for me!!). I have the boot of that show, and there's a slight mistake Alex makes in the intro, and the way Geddy sings at the end "Focus is sharp in the city....baby!" Both of these unique factors match up perfectly with what's on the CD. Still trying to figure out "The Wreckers."

I also have an email out to SRO-Anthem in hopes they will answer.

• Like 1

would have been good to have clockwork angels on the blu ray since the CA tour disc wasn't great. couldn't really care about the wreckers. camera eye looked great on TMT blu ray but since it is such a rarely played song would have also been great to get a different look at that from this tour.

would have been good to have clockwork angels on the blu ray since the CA tour disc wasn't great. couldn't really care about the wreckers. camera eye looked great on TMT blu ray but since it is such a rarely played song would have also been great to get a different look at that from this tour.

FWIW, the Camera Eye bonus on R40L is the definitive live version IMO. Sounds great... blows away TMT.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

After comparing the bonus tracks with various bootleg videos on youtube, here is where I think they were all recorded:

Clockwork Angels--Denver, CO (July 11th)

The Wreckers--Kansas City, MO (July 9th)

The Camera Eye--Kansas City, MO (July 9th)

Losing It (w/Jonathan Dinklage)--L.A., CA (Aug. 1st)

Still waiting to hear confirmation from Anthem (hoping they'll take the time to do so). I'm very happy that two KC songs made it as that was the show I was at!

After comparing the bonus tracks with various bootleg videos on youtube, here is where I think they were all recorded:

Still waiting to hear confirmation from Anthem (hoping they'll take the time to do so). I'm very happy that two KC songs made it as that was the show I was at!

Me too. I was also at the Denver show, so that would make 3 out of the 4.

The Camera Eye was recorded in Kansas City - not only can I literally hear myself (no kidding!), and the "oh baby" at the end was exactly how he said it in KC (I checked every camera eye from the whole tour, and only KC sounded like it. Surprised that they didn't have video - they had lots of cameras filming it, and there aren't any rear screen projections of the band during the song.

• Like 4

yes I was at KC too! I'm glad they recorded it also because KC has like the best crowd ever and the band was at the top of their game that night.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that there were R40 mover guys filming TCE in KC, even though it doesn't have rear screen projections of the band... Maybe it'll be an extra on that fan documentary next year?

I don't know the layout of the venue, but if they've got built-in screens anywhere in the venue (Normally on either side of the stage, or back by the lawn for amphitheaters), those are used for the entire show - even when the on-stage screen isn't showing the band.

I find it interesting that there were R40 mover guys filming TCE in KC, even though it doesn't have rear screen projections of the band... Maybe it'll be an extra on that fan documentary next year?

I don't know the layout of the venue, but if they've got built-in screens anywhere in the venue (Normally on either side of the stage, or back by the lawn for amphitheaters), those are used for the entire show - even when the on-stage screen isn't showing the band.

The Sprint Center isn't an amphitheater and I don't recall any screens there that had the band - I just checked the bootlegs.

I am 99% certain "The Camera Eye" comes from Kansas City (yay for me!!). I have the boot of that show, and there's a slight mistake Alex makes in the intro, and the way Geddy sings at the end "Focus is sharp in the city....baby!" Both of these unique factors match up perfectly with what's on the CD. Still trying to figure out "The Wreckers."

I also have an email out to SRO-Anthem in hopes they will answer.

I love that "baby" at the end. Very un-Geddy-like, but a pleasant surprise!

Wish they did it in Toronto so it would have been included on the dvd.

I hope so. And thanks for telling us it was being filmed. I couldn't understand why a song like that, even if they hadn't done it in Toronto, wouldn't have been filmed and included in the R40 dvd.

They are probably going to release something else in six or so months - an R40 Live, Part II - or something like that.

The Sprint Center isn't an amphitheater and I don't recall any screens there that had the band - I just checked the bootlegs.

They used the side screens in Kansas City - you can see them on either side of the stage in this video:

The cameras were likely for this house feed.

Well, it turns out I was wrong about "The Wreckers" coming from Kansas City. After listening to all the available versions on Youtube, I've narrowed it down to two locations which I cannot seem to find at the moment:

Buffalo, NY

or

Phoenix, AZ

It has to be one of these two as I could hear all of the other performances on Youtube, and they don't match up. The give-away is Alex's ending solo during the last minute. Anyone want to find out which performance was used? :)

At least we all know "The Camera Eye" is 100% KC (and I do know the other songs are correct too)!