38 replies to this topic

#21 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostDistantEarlySignals, on 26 November 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

I find it interesting that there were R40 mover guys filming TCE in KC, even though it doesn't have rear screen projections of the band... Maybe it'll be an extra on that fan documentary next year?

I hope so.  And thanks for telling us it was being filmed.  I couldn't understand why a song like that, even if they hadn't done it in Toronto, wouldn't have been filmed and included in the R40 dvd.

They are probably going to release something else in six or so months - an R40 Live, Part II - or something like that.

Sponsored Post

#22 mrf33n3y

mrf33n3y

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostDistantEarlySignals, on 02 December 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

View Postmrf33n3y, on 27 November 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

View PostDistantEarlySignals, on 26 November 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

I find it interesting that there were R40 mover guys filming TCE in KC, even though it doesn't have rear screen projections of the band... Maybe it'll be an extra on that fan documentary next year?
I don't know the layout of the venue, but if they've got built-in screens anywhere in the venue (Normally on either side of the stage, or back by the lawn for amphitheaters), those are used for the entire show - even when the on-stage screen isn't showing the band.

The Sprint Center isn't an amphitheater and I don't recall any screens there that had the band - I just checked the bootlegs.
They used the side screens in Kansas City - you can see them on either side of the stage in this video:
https://www.youtube....h?v=doyPXC2fgFs

The cameras were likely for this house feed.

#23 middletown drummer

middletown drummer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:10 AM

Well, it turns out I was wrong about "The Wreckers" coming from Kansas City. After listening to all the available versions on Youtube, I've narrowed it down to two locations which I cannot seem to find at the moment:

Buffalo, NY
or
Phoenix, AZ

It has to be one of these two as I could hear all of the other performances on Youtube, and they don't match up. The give-away is Alex's ending solo during the last minute. Anyone want to find out which performance was used? :)

At least we all know "The Camera Eye" is 100% KC (and I do know the other songs are correct too)!

#24 middletown drummer

middletown drummer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

OK, I found it after finding the bootlegs. "The Wreckers" comes from Buffalo, NY. :) Here is the corrected list:

Clockwork Angels--Denver, CO (July 11th)
The Wreckers--Buffalo, NY (June 10th)
The Camera Eye--Kansas City, MO (July 9th)
Losing It (w/Jonathan Dinklage)--L.A., CA (Aug. 1st)

#25 mrf33n3y

mrf33n3y

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:37 PM

Good to know The Wreckers is from Buffalo, as that's another show I attended on this tour :)

#26 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

View Postmrf33n3y, on 12 December 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Good to know The Wreckers is from Buffalo, as that's another show I attended on this tour :)

Yeah me too. Cool. :)

#27 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5538 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

View Postgrep, on 21 November 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

View Postmrfriendly, on 21 November 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

would have been good to have clockwork angels on the blu ray since the CA tour disc wasn't great. couldn't really care about the wreckers. camera eye looked great on TMT blu ray but since it is such a rarely played song would have also been great to get a different look at that from this tour.
FWIW, the Camera Eye bonus on R40L is the definitive live version IMO. Sounds great... blows away TMT.
I agree.  I was surprised I like the R40 version as much as I do.

#28 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Where does the Jonathan Dinklage version of LI come from on R40 Live?

I'm asking because the recording, in my opinion,  sounds better than the Ben Mink version.

Edited by Lorraine, 16 December 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#29 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3908 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 December 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'm asking because the recording, in my opinion,  sounds better than the Ben Mink version.
That would be Los Angeles.

#30 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5538 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

Just curious.  What did you like about that recording over the Ben Mink version?  Anything in particular, or does it just sound better overall to your ears?  I haven't listened to the main concert on CD yet to fully compare, but the DVD (Mink) was quite good, imo.

#31 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostA rocket that ignites itself, on 16 December 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

Just curious.  What did you like about that recording over the Ben Mink version?  Anything in particular, or does it just sound better overall to your ears?  I haven't listened to the main concert on CD yet to fully compare, but the DVD (Mink) was quite good, imo.

I'm not saying that I like JD's LI over Ben Mink's; what I am saying is that the production sounds better on the LA one.  I have the thumb drive in so I will listen to both of them again and see if it is something specific rather than just overall.

#32 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

I won't ever listen to the song again without seeing in my mind's eye Neil keeping time with his drum stick.

Anyway...it's not as muddled sounding - a lot most concise and clear.  Much, much better.  To my ears at least.  :)

#33 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21061 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

I'm not entirely sure The Wreckers is from Buffalo (as much as I hope it is). In the bootleg, Geddy's voice kinda sounded different during some of the verses. Or my bootleg's quality isn't good enough

#34 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

The things we will do when we are bored.  :sarcastic:

I suffered through listened to the two versions of the song - Buffalo and the one appended to R40Live.  I think they are one and the same.  Union, you must have the same tinny sounding Buffalo bootleg I have.

#35 middletown drummer

middletown drummer

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

Union, listen to Alex's ending solo on "The Wreckers." He never plays it the same, and the Buffalo solo is the only one that matches up with official R40.

#36 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21061 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

View Postmiddletown drummer, on 17 December 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Union, listen to Alex's ending solo on "The Wreckers." He never plays it the same, and the Buffalo solo is the only one that matches up with official R40.
kickass

#37 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5538 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

View Postmiddletown drummer, on 17 December 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

It's a great solo...love it.

#38 John V

John V

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Music. Culinary Arts. Marijuana Advocate. Miami Dolphins Football. Beer.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

I got the R-40 DVD for Christmas and never looked at the set list.  Once everyone was gone on Christmas eve, I put it in the player and cranked up the sound.
My wife and I both loved it, but wondered why we were not hearing some songs we hard live in Greensboro.
I am a bit disappointed that the DVD did not include all the songs used on the tour.  Kinda pissed me off a little.
Can I buy the bonus DVD separately?  Or must I buy the 3 CD set with two DVD set?

#39 Rushspirit2112

Rushspirit2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostJohn V, on 07 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

I got the R-40 DVD for Christmas and never looked at the set list.  Once everyone was gone on Christmas eve, I put it in the player and cranked up the sound.
My wife and I both loved it, but wondered why we were not hearing some songs we hard live in Greensboro.
I am a bit disappointed that the DVD did not include all the songs used on the tour.  Kinda pissed me off a little.
Can I buy the bonus DVD separately?  Or must I buy the 3 CD set with two DVD set?
the only bonus songs are red Barchetta one little victory and dew. All of te other songs are only audio in the cd

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users