The Official Thread of The Doors

The Cat 3

Which is the better album - Other Voices or Full Circle? :huh:

I wouldn't know, I couldn't finish either

I sat through both. I didn't hate them. I won't ever have a desire to play them again though!

I cannot praise The Doors highly enough.

In every possible way, I have grown to love them more than The Beatles, and that s a huge deal for me to admit too. I could listen to The Doors forever, and this last month they may even have usurped Springsteen's throne. Love the music. I don't care about the bands private lives, the ego's or the controversy. I care about the music, and the earthy, smokey and atmospheric nature if their discography sounds, to my ears, like music from another world! I swear, I might find myself enjoying more "fun" pop rock from time to time, and when really feeling uninspired I pull out the pop music, but to me, The Doors are just perfection!

I cannot rank the bands albums. My favourite Doors album really does boil down to whichever one I a currently playing.

And a confession: The End never hit me until two days ago. It went from being overrated, to somehow sucking me into its ambience, and taking my full concentration! The Doors are my favourite band, them and Bruce Springsteen.

Sorry Lacuna Coil, Toto, Rush, Nightwish. The Doors have taken full control of my musical preferences! Jim Morrison, like so many artists over the centuries, was not the nicest character. But that is why I put the music first!

Many lovely musicians are boring artists. The Doors were the whole package, without the air of being a product or brand.

• Like 1

I first knew them as a top forty band. It wasn't until FM came about in late 1967 that I realized they were much more than that.

As I already said, my favorite album is Soft Parade. But I think one of the most beautiful songs ever is the Chrystal Ship.

Did you know JM's father was a Navy Admiral?

• Like 1

Question for ReGor or ReRushed.

Is WNEW FM still a big radio station back there? The Doors made me think of Scott Muni (who used to one of their big djs); he often had Ray on his show.

WNEW-FM has not been a rock station for years. The only NYC rock station I can think of is 104.3.

Here's our list of TRF Doors' fans.

Goose

ReGor

Segue

Me

Chronos

This list makes the list of The Speed of Love lovers list look encyclopedic in comparison. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cool:

BLUE J

• Like 2

Question for ReGor or ReRushed.

Is WNEW FM still a big radio station back there? The Doors made me think of Scott Muni (who used to one of their big djs); he often had Ray on his show.

WNEW-FM has not been a rock station for years. The only NYC rock station I can think of is 104.3.

The last time I was back there was in '92, so when did the station call it quits? I guess WPLJ (used to be WABC FM) is gone too?

That makes me very sad. An end of an era: Jonathan Schwartz, The Nightbird (her name escapes me right now), Dennis Elsis, Scott Muni.

Better add Bathory.

I know, Bathory. I never realized how disliked they were until I came here.

Goose

ReGor

Segue

Lorraine

Chronos

Blue J

Bathory

yeah, a lot of people seem to have more of an issue with jim's persona than his actual music, but I think he was a great frontman, charismatic dude, very sexy. sexy people typically don't make good music nowadays, it's just ugly nerds who can still rock

• Like 1

Better add Bathory.

Goose

ReGor

Segue

Lorraine

Chronos

Blue J

Bathory

yeah, a lot of people seem to have more of an issue with jim's persona than his actual music, but I think he was a great frontman, charismatic dude, very sexy. sexy people typically don't make good music nowadays, it's just ugly nerds who can still rock

He was a pretentious a-hole.

Better add Bathory.

Goose

ReGor

Segue

Lorraine

Chronos

Blue J

Bathory

I can't find many rockers who aren't

Better add Bathory.

Goose

ReGor

Segue

Lorraine

Chronos

Blue J

Bathory

I can't find many rockers who aren't

This would make a cool thread - are your favorite rock musicians pretentious and/or a-holes.

I guess on this forum the criteria for being a Doors fan is thinking The Soft Parade is a good album? :huh:

No one says you have to like it. But you don't have to keep wragging on about how much you hate it, when CLEARLY you do enjoy much of their work!

Edited by Segue Myles

I guess on this forum the criteria for being a Doors fan is thinking The Soft Parade is a good album? :huh:

No one says you have to like it. But you don't have to keep wragging on about how much you hate it, when CLEARLY you do enjoy much of their work!

Seriously, am I ragging on it that much? Some hear rag on Rush and its members more than I do The Soft Parade!

• Like 1