#61 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 20 November 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 20 November 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

When I call Best Buy, how do I let them know it's not the R40 dozen or so disks package that I am asking for?

What's the official name of this one?
R40 Live
Thank you for answering what most probably (and they would be right) thought was one of the dumbest questions someone on a rush forum could ask.  :lol: :cool:

Sponsored Post

#62 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

I stopped at my Best Buy around 11:20 this morning.  They had one on the shelf, and now, of course, they have none.  But it didn't look like they stocked up for a huge demand.  Bieber CD's, on the other hand, they had aplenty.

#63 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18325 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

At the Best Buy I went to, there was a couple of R40 Live CDs, a few of the R40 Live CD/DVD combos, and only one of the R40 Live BluRay/CD combos left which ended up being mine as I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

#64 clem

clem

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostJaminbenb, on 20 November 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Had disc three in my car on my way over, and listened to Camera Eye... I think it sounds great actually....not sure what isn't liked?!?!

I'm the one that didn't like it.  Hopefully I'm in the minority.  I'm listening via Apple Music.  The verses just don't sound right to me.  It sounds like Alex is playing on an acoustic, and Geddy's voice just sounds too rough (as it has for the past few live albums) for me.  Overall it sounds too sparse.  I'm glad you enjoy.  Hopefully most others will as well.

#65 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

I sent my local Best Buy an email.  I dare not disconnect my dial-up for fear of not being able to connect again.

Edited by Lorraine, 20 November 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#66 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5854 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostLorraine, on 20 November 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 19 November 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 November 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

View Postdjflex, on 19 November 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

For the first time in 30 years, I've decided not to get a Rush item on release day. All so the kiddies could get Daddy something for Christmas.

I thought about that, but will probably just get socks,..
Better than coal in a stocking.  :sigh:
Is that another Narps underwear reference?
I needed that laugh very much this morning.  I must, must, must, must find a reasonably priced high speed.  Our dial up wouldn't connect this morning.  When I called the hosting company to tell them, the man said to me:  "Well, you know Ma'am, dial up is an archaic technology."  :eh:  Like I don't already know that?  :eyeroll:   Like anyone would choose to have dial-up when they can afford high speed?  :smash:

Don't you love comments like that?  We drove our 1994 van until last summer when our mechanic said it was literally rusted away; because we were putting 3 kids through college.  Some guy who would sometimes gas up at the same time as me used to look at it and say, "Come on lady, buy something new!"  Thanks, dude, I didn't know it was old.  Actually, I loved it, very dependable until the end.

Edited by blueschica, 20 November 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#67 chemistry

chemistry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

#68 chemistry

chemistry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

View Postclem, on 20 November 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostJaminbenb, on 20 November 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Had disc three in my car on my way over, and listened to Camera Eye... I think it sounds great actually....not sure what isn't liked?!?!

I'm the one that didn't like it.  Hopefully I'm in the minority.  I'm listening via Apple Music.  The verses just don't sound right to me.  It sounds like Alex is playing on an acoustic, and Geddy's voice just sounds too rough (as it has for the past few live albums) for me.  Overall it sounds too sparse.  I'm glad you enjoy.  Hopefully most others will as well.

NO. Im with you. I got the bluray/cd version and your right. it doesnt sound right. like barely hearing the drums in The Anarchist

#69 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

View Postchemistry, on 20 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!
You'll be the coolest person in a blackout.  ;)

#70 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16917 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostLorraine, on 20 November 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

Only if everyone else has blacked out...

#71 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

Holy crap, I don't think I've had more of a journey getting a disc in my life. Just outside toronto went to an hmv and the guy said they were sold out the moment the doors opened at 10:00, luckily another location 20 minutes away had plenty. Needless to say the product of course is well worth the time and money spent, lol. Superb quality both audio/visual, reminds me of the TMT blu ray.

Of course would have been great getting some behind the scenes stuff mainly some type of documentary. Could someone refresh my memory on this documentary that was shot during the tour and what exactly it encompassed?

The only extras I liked on past dvds were the behind the scenes docs like on rio and clockwork. Could care less when they add all that family guy, south park, funny clips just as add-ons, they are useless. But the clockwork doc was great.

#72 ctbadger

ctbadger

The Seeker

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 20 November 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 20 November 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

From hearing all this it's pretty disappointing. I was thinking about going out today and picking it up if the reviews were good, but if all of those mistakes were left in it's going to be really upsetting to listen to.
  It is really good----believe me.   :rush:

Agree. I don't care about the mistakes. Glad I am working from home today and I have the house to myself. Our cats are hiding somewhere due to the volume coming out of the stereo. Get the CDs!!

#73 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

Still no answer from Best Buy.  Knowing my area, they're probably scratching their heads and asking Who the hell is Rush?

#74 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Just in case the power goes out you can use the flashlight to read the liner notes.

#75 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 20 November 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Just in case the power goes out you can use the flashlight to read the liner notes.

In that case, a little magnifying glass should have been included as well.  You know, like the ones you'd get in a box of Cracker Jacks?

#76 grep

grep

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

My buddy called me - the mailman is 3 blocks away.  :)

Edit - oversized disco ball now sitting on my desk.

Edited by grep, 20 November 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#77 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

Eagle, I see what you mean about Best Buy and their customer service.  I could have walked there and back by now.

#78 rush22112

rush22112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

Just got mine.! Getting ready to watch

#79 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21072 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

I'm watching Far Cry now, something tells me Mick's not gonna be a huge fan of this release...

#80 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

its 4:52, and the mailman is not here yet. although it says its out for delivery..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users