Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

f**k the whole bunch of you

Sponsored Post

#342 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5563 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#343 jamie

jamie

The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

• Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

I got i for my dad for christmas and we watched it today. In my opinion, it gets better as they play the older songs. There's no doubt that Geddy's voice is aged and it shows on some parts but Xanadu is just so f***ing good. It's a little hard to watch for me knowing that it's hard on them.

#344 Hemispheres4Echo

Hemispheres4Echo

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2278 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

View Postjamie, on 30 December 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

I got i for my dad for christmas and we watched it today. In my opinion, it gets better as they play the older songs. There's no doubt that Geddy's voice is aged and it shows on some parts but Xanadu is just so f***ing good. It's a little hard to watch for me knowing that it's hard on them.

I agree with you that it becomes better as they play the older material. In fact I personally stick to the 2nd set and encore when I watch the blu-ray.

#345 Pound of Obscure

Pound of Obscure

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1577 posts
  • Interests:Drums, basketball, P90X/Insanity

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 30 December 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostPound of Obscure, on 30 December 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 29 December 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

View PostPound of Obscure, on 29 December 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostDuke1, on 28 December 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Audio, everything sounds clear (guitar, bass, keys, vocals, drums (kick, snare, most toms and cymbals (Especially Neil's Ride cymbal and high hat - Superb), occasionally Neil's mid range toms  and some of the crash cymbals getting buried in the mix a bit.
His ride and hi-hat?  They are completely inaudible most of the time. Once in a while I hear them and wonder who turned that mic on by accident. His snare is heard kind of, sometimes. It certainly never cuts through, with only a few exceptions. He is cracking on it pretty good in the latter half of JL, but listen to the snare work at the beginning. Is he even playing?

The crash cymbal in the quiet section in the middle is almost inaudible as well.
Yeah, the chinas on the 7/8 section when they come back in. You know the ones on beat 1-6-7-1. Can't hear them at all.
It makes me hot when you talk all technical. Let me return the favor:

Traci....dear,dear Traci.

#346 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?

#347 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3782 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

I just finished watching the rest of it last night. Very pleased, although some of the audience video was poorly timed and unnecessary. I want to see Rush, not the goofball fans.

There were several shots of 4 guys in matching red jump suits from the audience. Does anyone know if that's the tribute band that posted some videos on TRF sometime last year? I remember them performing in matching jump suits and looking like Devo.

#348 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

I am finally going to sit down and watch this tonight. I got the blue-ray for christmas from my kids (along with the new calendar which has been a xmas tradition forever). This was the first tour I missed since AFTK so it will be a happy/sad time.

#349 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

I have seen a few boot dvds and heard a few recordings which is why I haven't been in a hurry.

#350 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3782 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

View Postgrasbo, on 01 January 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?
that sucks. If I was going to Austrailia  I'd smuggle a few copies for you. Amazon doesn't dominate the universe in Aussie like the states?

#351 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

View Postkamrahai, on 06 January 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

I am finally going to sit down and watch this tonight. I got the blue-ray for christmas from my kids (along with the new calendar which has been a xmas tradition forever). This was the first tour I missed since AFTK so it will be a happy/sad time.

If you ever feel so inclined, start a thread in the Rush section and tell us about your experiences at seventies' Rush concerts. :) If you remember that is.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

#352 grasbo

grasbo

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 06 January 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

that sucks. If I was going to Austrailia  I'd smuggle a few copies for you. Amazon doesn't dominate the universe in Aussie like the states?
I am old fashioned and boring and don't like shopping online,don't like downloads,etc.I just like going to the shop  and supporting them.Rush are just not that well known over here and the few that know of them thought they broke up years ago.Anyway R40 live should be here any day now.

#353 yyz305

yyz305

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Cricket

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

View Postgrasbo, on 06 January 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

View Post2112FirstStreet, on 06 January 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

I am old fashioned and boring and don't like shopping online,don't like downloads,etc.I just like going to the shop  and supporting them.Rush are just not that well known over here and the few that know of them thought they broke up years ago.Anyway R40 live should be here any day now.

There are more fans here than you'd think!

Edited by yyz305, 06 January 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#354 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostLorraine, on 06 January 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

If you ever feel so inclined, start a thread in the Rush section and tell us about your experiences at seventies' Rush concerts. :) If you remember that is.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it was a mistype and should say since before AFTK. I was only 14 in April '78 when I saw my first ever arena concert which was Rush & Max Webster. Blew me away! Already owned All the Worlds a Stage but immediately went out and got all the other albums. They returned that December for a Hemi show and I have never looked back. Don't recall the small details but I have seen hundreds of shows (24 Rush) but those 2 stand out more than any others

#355 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

View Postkamrahai, on 06 January 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Actually it was a mistype and should say since before AFTK. I was only 14 in April '78 when I saw my first ever arena concert which was Rush & Max Webster. Blew me away! Already owned All the Worlds a Stage but immediately went out and got all the other albums. They returned that December for a Hemi show and I have never looked back. Don't recall the small details but I have seen hundreds of shows (24 Rush) but those 2 stand out more than any others

You saw them during the Hemispheres tour?  You have my admiration.  :) That and two dollars will get you a cup of coffee somewhere.  ;)

#356 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostLorraine, on 06 January 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

You saw them during the Hemispheres tour?  You have my admiration.  :) That and two dollars will get you a cup of coffee somewhere.  ;)

Wish I could still see them for the $6.50 I paid back then :facepalm:

#357 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6126 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 December 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostBlue J, on 30 December 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

View PostBlairC45, on 29 December 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

I loved the CD/DVD no complaints here! :) :rush:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :lol:

I agree.  I stop the dvd right before it gets to that.  Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I rewatched the dvd earlier today and I had forgotten that he says "I'm sorry I yelled at the puppet" a few moments later. But the whole Exit Stage Left video has a weird vibe around it, especially when we know Neil runs off to his bus the moment the last beat drops.

And I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't add any special features on the dvd.

#358 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

View Postkamrahai, on 06 January 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 06 January 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Wish I could still see them for the $6.50 I paid back then :facepalm:

You paid $1.50 more than I did for my ticket at my first concert.  :codger:

#359 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42280 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 06 January 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :lol:

I agree.  I stop the dvd right before it gets to that.  Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I rewatched the dvd earlier today and I had forgotten that he says "I'm sorry I yelled at the puppet" a few moments later. But the whole Exit Stage Left video has a weird vibe around it, especially when we know Neil runs off to his bus the moment the last beat drops.

And I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't add any special features on the dvd.

I just watch the Tulsa video bootleg.  It was better than the official release.  In my opinion.  I decided that when I want to revisit R40, I will watch the Tulsa bootleg.

I think they are saving any special features they might have added to R40 Live for a future dvd down the road.

Edited by Lorraine, 06 January 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#360 kamrahai

kamrahai

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostLorraine, on 06 January 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 06 January 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

I just watch the Tulsa video bootleg.  It was better than the official release.  In my opinion.  I decided that when I want to revisit R40, I will hereinafter watch the Tulsa bootleg.

I think they are saving any special features they might have added to R40 Live for a future dvd down the road.

I assume that is tapehead2's recording...that girl puts out some awesome stuff :haz:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users