#61 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20727 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostFridge, on 19 November 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

I actually quite liked it at the beginning,,,think I initially joined sometime in 2003.

Never understood the I'm Bored shit, but each to their own...quite a few keyboard warriors there, felt like being savaged by excitable puppies.

I remember the political subforums being much less partisan than they are here, with some really good debate on both sides.

The political forum was just as partisan as SOCN, but it had a more even balance of lefties and righties.

Sponsored Post

#62 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3189 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostJARG, on 19 November 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

I actually quite liked it at the beginning,,,think I initially joined sometime in 2003.

Never understood the I'm Bored shit, but each to their own...quite a few keyboard warriors there, felt like being savaged by excitable puppies.

I remember the political subforums being much less partisan than they are here, with some really good debate on both sides.

The political forum was just as partisan as SOCN, but it had a more even balance of lefties and righties.

The righties are pretty much down to FJ and Oak now. I was "banished" because I'm pro-universal healthcare and anti-gun.  And the last gun thread got really nasty.  

#63 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20727 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

The righties are pretty much down to FJ and Oak now. I was "banished" because I'm pro-universal healthcare and anti-gun.  And the last gun thread got really nasty.  
It's because I wasn't there as the voice of reason. ;)

#64 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3189 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostJARG, on 19 November 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Possibly. It was a doozy. It got personal.

#65 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:49 PM

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostJARG, on 19 November 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Possibly. It was a doozy. It got personal.

That was the problem with the political and religion discussions there--it got personnal way to fast and sometimes it hurt. Always seemed like I was getting dog piled on by the atheists and lefties. I got old so I banished myself.

Most of the board was quite pleasant in an irreverent sort of way.

#66 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3189 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:03 PM

I was never bothered by the Mormon bashing. I don't know, maybe it's because I was a convert I could see their POV, and I knew for the most part they were ignorant. They're still at it. I think it bothers them more when they see it's not working.

#67 Tick

Tick

Mr: 26,000!!!

• Members *
  • 26524 posts
  • Interests:I like big butts and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny !....oh sorry, lost my mind for a minute.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

CP SUCKS!

I remember the classless cronies invading this board way back when. Bunch of bottom feeding lowlifes.

(I'm just stirring the pot, some of them actually eat from the middle)

#68 stone and a hard place

stone and a hard place

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 968 posts
  • Interests:rush

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

I was never bothered by the Mormon bashing. I don't know, maybe it's because I was a convert I could see their POV, and I knew for the most part they were ignorant. They're still at it. I think it bothers them more when they see it's not working.

and I could see the humor in it as well--but it got old not being able to have a real discussion.

#69 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10515 posts
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

https://www.facebook...tsMessageBoard/

#70 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42714 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostSuper25Smasher, on 19 November 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

So much for that.  Now I don't have to worry about Spaghetti.  ;)

Edited by Lorraine, 19 November 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#71 Slim

Slim

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 19 November 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

I've been there and it's no real loss.

It is to the small and dwindling community of people, including myself, who like to chat there.

#72 Slim

Slim

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

I agree with you on both those things and I haven't been banished yet. I'm very much a rightie personally, at least on the spectrum I recognise myself.

The endless islamophobia and occasional misogyny trouble me, but the gun nutters don't.

#73 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 74255 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostSlim, on 19 November 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

It is to the small and dwindling community of people, including myself, who like to chat there.
Westboro Baptist probably has a forum, though they'd probably kick the CP crowd out at some point for being too homophobic.

Edited by laughedatbytime, 19 November 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#74 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3189 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 19 November 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Westboro Baptist probably has a forum, though they'd probably kick the CP crowd out at some point for being too homophobic.
Yer so cute.

#75 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 74255 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 19 November 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yer so cute.
You're so literate.

#76 Slim

Slim

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

Most discussion there is not characterised by homophobia and most people there would take issue with serious homophobic comments if they were to arise. If you're referring to things being referred to as "ghey" and so on I must admit that is not uncommon. Oh yes and heterosexual people there do flirt with people of the same gender in an overtly sexual manner, for laughs. But they mean no harm.

It's an odd generational thing .. for some reason people in their '40s and '50s can find homosexuality intensely funny. I'm not defending it; just an observation.

#77 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

Dunno.  Us Rushtour refugees invaded here a few years back and it didn't seem like it caused too much upset.  But a significant migration from CP seems to raise more cautious notes among the faithful.

#78 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3189 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

In the few weeks since I first started coming back here, it's been a lot better than it was years ago. Although I do seem to have gotten under the skin of one particularly  obsessed lunatic. That annoyance has been resolved.

Edited by edhunter, 19 November 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#79 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 32706 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Looks like the board has either crashed again, or Fenderjazz has followed through on his threats to shut it down.

If so, it was fun while it lasted. There was less activity there, but better quality posting than TRF. And the flame wars were epic!
Jim literally pulled the plug on CP!  "Just kidding!"  Love Johnny  "Airplane!"

#80 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20727 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostSlim, on 19 November 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

Most discussion there is not characterised by homophobia and most people there would take issue with serious homophobic comments if they were to arise. If you're referring to things being referred to as "ghey" and so on I must admit that is not uncommon. Oh yes and heterosexual people there do flirt with people of the same gender in an overtly sexual manner, for laughs. But they mean no harm.

It's an odd generational thing .. for some reason people in their '40s and '50s can find homosexuality intensely funny. I'm not defending it; just an observation.

You get me so hot when you talk like this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users