CP R.I.P.

edhunter

Yes it is funny how a lot of folks like to comment on that which they know nothing about. CP is CP, and TRF is TRF. Plain and simple. WHAT A CONCEPT! I enjoy BOTH sites, been a member of CP since four days after it was put up. Was on "The Solar Federation" at that time, and I've loved the place since I joined. I tried TRF out after the big crash in '06, (I think) and visit sometimes, but I like my grungy CP as my first choice. Got NOTHING against this place, just not my first choice. Peace out.....

You scouted out some nice threads. I bumped the joes mechanic tries to meet Neil thread in your honor.

Joe?

I prefer "Ted The Mechanic."

Love,

DEEP PURPLE

Purpendicular is one seriously underrated album.

HAHAHA!

You are awesome BC! I totally fukking agree! Cheers!

Yes it is funny how a lot of folks like to comment on that which they know nothing about. CP is CP, and TRF is TRF. Plain and simple. WHAT A CONCEPT! I enjoy BOTH sites, been a member of CP since four days after it was put up. Was on "The Solar Federation" at that time, and I've loved the place since I joined. I tried TRF out after the big crash in '06, (I think) and visit sometimes, but I like my grungy CP as my first choice. Got NOTHING against this place, just not my first choice. Peace out.....

You scouted out some nice threads. I bumped the joes mechanic tries to meet Neil thread in your honor.

Joe?

I prefer "Ted The Mechanic."

Love,

DEEP PURPLE

http://cdn.discogs.com/JXriSwIa6LHWLWaRVJUkABH9vJY=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-1441118-1219939767.jpeg.jpg

We Belong To The Night

Lucas!!!

UFO!!!!

• Like 1

You remind me of someone, RH666...(no names given) http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Assasins-Samurai/ninjaanim1.gif
  • Like 1

Thanks, AW! :wub: :hi:

Never heard of "Purpendicular"...Sounds interesting in any case, I'm a BIG Steve Morse fan also, and followed him since Dixie Dregs....

You remind me of someone, RH666...(no names given) http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Assasins-Samurai/ninjaanim1.gif

All good!

One of my best friends in the world lives in Detroit!

Well My Name Is Earl! LOL!

I have no filter and I live for rock and roll!

Cheers!

Get Perpendicular!

GET ALL DEEP PURPLE WITH STEVE!

CP is the local pub

comfortable, no holds barred conversation - conversation that can lead to fights, sure, but one more round of Guinness and everyone remains friends

yes the decor is dated, lights are a little too low, and if anyone new comes through the front door they're welcomed/hazed with equal gusto - but if they grab a stool and order a Highland Park neat anyway, they're mates for life

TRF is the hotel bar

and while the staff take themeselves too seriously and need a drink more than the patrons, no one is so uptight that you can't round table a spirited night of fun once in a while, especially upstairs in the corner rooms

it's the kind of place that used to be the place to be on a Saturday night, but now it's the place for people who just think it's the place to be on a Saturday night

Love this analogy!

• Like 2

CP is the local pub

comfortable, no holds barred conversation - conversation that can lead to fights, sure, but one more round of Guinness and everyone remains friends

yes the decor is dated, lights are a little too low, and if anyone new comes through the front door they're welcomed/hazed with equal gusto - but if they grab a stool and order a Highland Park neat anyway, they're mates for life

TRF is the hotel bar

and while the staff take themeselves too seriously and need a drink more than the patrons, no one is so uptight that you can't round table a spirited night of fun once in a while, especially upstairs in the corner rooms

it's the kind of place that used to be the place to be on a Saturday night, but now it's the place for people who just think it's the place to be on a Saturday night

"TRF is the hotel bar...and while the staff take themeselves too seriously and need a drink more than the patrons..."

Maybe that was the case 8-11 years ago, but do you really think it's the case now? Or is it just a comfortable thing to assume and say? ;)

• Like 1

CP is the local pub

TRF is the hotel bar

Love this analogy!

Ditto!

I was on CP long before I joined TRF in Feb of '13, after they had a major crash and multiple tries getting things back up.

I post there, and I post here. So far I get along with both groups. Both boards have their own way to roll, and I hope it stays that way.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, everyone here seems nice enough.

That's probably why I don't read/post here much.

Nice is boring, and I'm a contentious, argumentative contrarian.

So I yell at people at CP instead.

I was on CP long before I joined TRF in Feb of '13, after they had a major crash and multiple tries getting things back up.

I post there, and I post here. So far I get along with both groups. Both boards have their own way to roll, and I hope it stays that way.

My 2 cents.

Nice backhanded compliment. I meant, that was a boring backhanded compliment.

My 2 cents.

You sound like a douche. Stay at CP.

• Like 1

My 2 cents.

great, another moron who comes to be entertained and not involved

don't hate the forum, be the forum

CP is the local pub

TRF is the hotel bar

"TRF is the hotel bar...and while the staff take themeselves too seriously and need a drink more than the patrons..."

Maybe that was the case 8-11 years ago, but do you really think it's the case now? Or is it just a comfortable thing to assume and say? ;)

I don't check in as often as I used to but yeah, I think it's still the case

personally, you were on quite a tear from 2009-2012 - and yes that's history

but it's a long way from double digit history :cheers:

I like what you've done with the drapes, though

• Like 1

My 2 cents.

I'M NOT BORING DAMNiT!!

I'M ANNOYING!!

A DRUG ADDICT!

A METH USER!!!!

I DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN 1984 TO MARRY A HOOKER FROM RENO!

I WORK AT 711

I LIVE UNDER A FREEWAY IN HAYWARD CALIFORNIA!

I AM A TOTAL LOSER!!

I HAVE FOOLED YOU ALL!!!

SEEING RUSH 60 TIMES??????

ALL LIES!!

I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT SHITTY BAND!!!

THANK GOD AND THE DEVIL THEY RETIRED!!!!!

NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE RRHOF!

NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE COVER OF A ROLLING STONED MAG!

I HAVE NO OPINION ABOUT CP BUT THEIR COCKROACHES SHOULD JUST STAY IN THEIR TOXIC MOTEL!

YOU CAN CHECK IN BUT YOU CAN'T CHECK OUT!

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO CP!!

CAPS ON!!!!

LOVE YOU jim

LOL

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

CP is the local pub

TRF is the hotel bar

Bah, TRF is the Atlantic City speakeasy during Prohibition that everyone knows about. SOCN is the cigar smoke filled back room with a stripper pole that high stake card games are played in.

CP is the sad neighborhood bar where a couple of old dudes are already passed out by 11:00am.

• Like 1

CP is the local pub

TRF is the hotel bar

Bah, TRF is the Atlantic City speakeasy during Prohibition that everyone knows about. SOCN is the cigar smoke filled back room with a stripper pole that high stake card games are played in.

CP is the sad neighborhood bar where a couple of old dudes are already passed out by 11:00am.

Now that is classic! I totally get it being in California and living near the Pacific Coast!

With a few local friends on here I feel alone on here around this time of night.

Story of my life!!

I will really be alone next month!

I love terrorizing this cigar Rush bar from afar.

Now mostly everyone just ignores me.

THERUSHFORUM = EXWIFE?

UGH

My 2 cents.

This is about the best summation I've seen regarding the "CP vs. TRF" thing. (Which is utter tripe, by the way).

I've never joined or visited CP, really- but that doesn't mean at all that I have anything against it. And as far as the whole "rudeness" assertion is concerned... :huh: Different strokes, you know?

I've always stayed at The Rush Forum because I dig it. Good people here. And there are good people at Counterparts, too, I'm sure.

And that's just about all there is to it, as far as I can see.

• Like 2

My 2 cents.

I'M NOT BORING DAMNiT!!

I'M ANNOYING!!

A DRUG ADDICT!

A METH USER!!!!

I DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN 1984 TO MARRY A HOOKER FROM RENO!

I WORK AT 711

I LIVE UNDER A FREEWAY IN HAYWARD CALIFORNIA!

I AM A TOTAL LOSER!!

I HAVE FOOLED YOU ALL!!!

SEEING RUSH 60 TIMES??????

ALL LIES!!

I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT SHITTY BAND!!!

THANK GOD AND THE DEVIL THEY RETIRED!!!!!

NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE RRHOF!

NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE COVER OF A ROLLING STONED MAG!

I HAVE NO OPINION ABOUT CP BUT THEIR COCKROACHES SHOULD JUST STAY IN THEIR TOXIC MOTEL!

YOU CAN CHECK IN BUT YOU CAN'T CHECK OUT!

I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO CP!!

CAPS ON!!!!

LOVE YOU jim

LOL

That's the spirit, Earl! :cheers:

My 2 cents.

This is about the best summation I've seen regarding the "CP vs. TRF" thing. (Which is utter tripe, by the way).

I've never joined or visited CP, really- but that doesn't mean at all that I have anything against it. And as far as the whole "rudeness" assertion is concerned... :huh: Different strokes, you know?

I've always stayed at The Rush Forum because I dig it. Good people here. And there are good people at Counterparts, too, I'm sure.

And that's just about all there is to it, as far as I can see.

AMEN!!! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS STATEMENT! "All You Need Is LOVE. (ba-da-dadadaaaaaaaaa) [rinse and repeat] :wub:

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1