CP R.I.P.

edhunter

CP had a lot of jerks, but lovable jerks that liked to troll each other. I'm not sure people quite got that. Nice to see some old "friends" here.

That GhostWriter (what a coincidence!) dude over there was quite a piece of work. Always attacking people of Faith, pushing his devil-worshipping beliefs and his hate of progressive music. Don't miss that guy much...

• Like 2

If there was ever a board that was totally ridiculous was geddylee.net. That was the first discussion forum I belonged to and it became a place of major mudslinging. Then Ken and Julie invited me to join CP after I met them at RushCon in 2001.
  • Like 1

If there was ever a board that was totally ridiculous was geddylee.net. That was the first discussion forum I belonged to and it became a place of major mudslinging. Then Ken and Julie invited me to join CP after I met them at RushCon in 2001.

Yeah, I remember it. Actually, I remember you ((not your posts, just your sn)) & another old school TRFer GeddyRulz there. I went by "Q6" over there. I also remember some chick by the sn of Ruthie Goode being involved in a lot of the turmoil (not that she caused it though). After it became too much garbage there I joined Counterparts too. But as I said in earlier posts, CP wasn't all chest thumping, putdowns, and thick skin requirements in the beginning.

I've been there and it's no real loss.

There are other places to go if you really need to read homophobic slurs, and I'm sure somewhere they're just as crude, though that might require some searching.

You got that right! I've been a member of the Homophobic Slurs forum for years and that blows CP away.

Link? :laughing guy:

Yeah, I remember it. Actually, I remember you ((not your posts, just your sn)) & another old school TRFer GeddyRulz there. I went by "Q6" over there. I also remember some chick by the sn of Ruthie Goode being involved in a lot of the turmoil (not that she caused it though). After it became too much garbage there I joined Counterparts too. But as I said in earlier posts, CP wasn't all chest thumping, putdowns, and thick skin requirements in the beginning.

Wish I could've seen the geddylee.net. Even an archived screenshot will do.

• Like 1

It looked like any other messageboard. But it was green and black... with touches of that sky blue from the MFH cover.

I used to screenshot everything.... but it's probably on some CD buried in the closet under other ancient buried items.

Edited by grep

I second the motion, geddylee.net sounds interesting.

I second the motion, geddylee.net sounds interesting.

In hindsight, it wasn't. But in 2000/2001 it immediately followed the solo album and was all I knew of Rush message boards...the first of some anyway. There were petty squabbles but no subforums (that I recall) to get lost in.

• Like 1

I got booted off geddylee.net just for saying that MFH was poor. It was actually arsewipe of course but I was trying to be diplomatic.

LOL.

Here's a little taste, courtesy of the WayBack Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020609052736/http://www.geddylee.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Lots of discussion still archived there.

That's awesome Slim! Thanks for that. I don't remember there being that many threads...but then again, I stopped going there before the end of '01 I think. Going to try and find some old posts of mine.

Awesome!

I remember that post!!! Thanks grep!

You're welcome. That post pretty much represented the beggining of their return, as we knew it, which can be bookmarked with today - release day of what is prob their last live record.

• Like 2

I remember writing some birthday wishes in a birthday card section they had for Geddy. So that must've been either 2000 or 2001 since I didn't go there in '02. Later, Geddy wrote his appreciation for all the birthday wishes he received. That's actually a long time ago now...as he was still in his 40s then.

I remember writing some birthday wishes in a birthday card section they had for Geddy. So that must've been either 2000 or 2001 since I didn't go there in '02. Later, Geddy wrote his appreciation for all the birthday wishes he received. That's actually a long time ago now...as he was still in his 40s then.

How come he never comes here and thanks us? :LOL: ;)

https://web.archive..../ultimatebb.cgi

WHAT ??? I looked in the archives and GEDDY WAS ANSWERING PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS !!! I would be on that board 24/7. 73, get Geddy to do this now, he' s not touring!!

https://web.archive..../ultimatebb.cgi

WHAT ??? I looked in the archives and GEDDY WAS ANSWERING PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS !!! I would be on that board 24/7. 73, get Geddy to do this now, he' s not touring!!

Yes, he was. He didn't answer all BUT he answered tons.

• Like 2

I got booted off geddylee.net just for saying that MFH was poor. It was actually arsewipe of course but I was trying to be diplomatic.

Was it run by new agers? They generally won't let anyone say anything less than glowing about anything.

Thought it was run by Geddy's people. Not sure though.

How come he never comes here and thanks us? :LOL: ;)

That's Neil's job.