Good Charlotte...what a joke

PuppetKing2112

I like their song "Anthem", it's pretty neat. I think it's the only song I've ever heard from them since it's in the American Pie II movie. Or, maybe another movie, I don't remember but I do remember hearing it in a cool movie.

Trent Reznor is right up their ally.

I think good charlotte is a horrible band. The only song they have that is half way not total vomit, is the theme song from the undergrads. Other than that I think they stink to the highest degree.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Aug 28 2005, 04:57 PM)
I think good charlotte is a horrible band. The only song they have that is half way not total vomit, is the theme song from the undergrads. Other than that I think they stink to the highest degree.

yes.gif

Except I think they TOTALLY suck! 062802puke_prv.gif

Sure hope Trent and Dave don't even bother with these no talent losers

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Aug 28 2005, 07:04 PM)
isn't hillary dating one of the band members?

he prolly said she's the greatest singer today so she'd sleep with him. laugh.gif

Shit I'd tell her that too. laugh.gif The last pics I saw of her she looks almost legal tender. doh.gif

She will be 18 next month ahahahaha

http://www.moono.com/celebz6524lol8911/big/98_8966_big.jpg

I thought the lead singer of Good Charlotte was dating Lindsey Lohan. I heard on VH1 on one of those gossip shows they do (dont ask me why the hell I was watching it..) that for a while Lindsey and Hilary were having a feud. But Hilary's younger brother is supposed to be a big Good Charlotte fan. So he goes to one of the shows, gets some VIP access thing (wonder how) and tries to meet the band. He ended up being turned away because he was Hilary's brother, the dude wouldnt even meet him because his girlfriend was having some fight with his sister, total bs. As for thier music, in 10 years no one will know who the hell they are.

And sorry Indy, Trent Reznor is certainly NOT in the same vein as these guys. Musicians look up to NIN for inspiration, no one in hell is going to look up to Good Charlotte and expect anything good to come out of it.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 28 2005, 08:15 PM)
no one in hell is going to look up to Good Charlotte and expect anything good to come out of it.

There's a local band named All-Star that sites Good Charlotte as one of their major influences. The sad thing is they're close to getting signed...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 28 2005, 05:19 PM)
no one in hell is going to look up to Good Charlotte and expect anything good to come out of it.

There's a local band named All-Star that sites Good Charlotte as one of their major influences. The sad thing is they're close to getting signed...

key words being "and expect anything good to come out of it."

Then again I havent heard em, so I cant really make that comment. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 28 2005, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 28 2005, 05:19 PM)

key words being "and expect anything good to come out of it."

Then again I havent heard em, so I cant really make that comment. tongue.gif

Be happy you haven't...

I thought the lead singer of Good Charlotte was dating Lindsey Lohan. I heard on VH1 on one of those gossip shows they do (dont ask me why the hell I was watching it..) that for a while Lindsey and Hilary were having a feud. But Hilary's younger brother is supposed to be a big Good Charlotte fan. So he goes to one of the shows, gets some VIP access thing (wonder how) and tries to meet the band. He ended up being turned away because he was Hilary's brother, the dude wouldnt even meet him because his girlfriend was having some fight with his sister, total bs. As for thier music, in 10 years no one will know who the hell they are.

And sorry Indy, Trent Reznor is certainly NOT in the same vein as these guys. Musicians look up to NIN for inspiration, no one in hell is going to look up to Good Charlotte and expect anything good to come out of it.

NIN is ok in my book, except all the lyrics sounds the same in every song, it sounds like a bunch of keyboards and not music to me, I guess if people want to look up to them then thats great, but I know I don't. Good charlotte or whatever, I'm sure they won't be around in 10 years either, who cares.

I've seen NIN a couple times before, they put on a good show, as musicians, I don't see why anyone would look up to them though to be honest. But whatever floats peoples boats. People seem to forget that there's different music for different people. What "sucks" to me is when people with no talent at all put down people who do just because they don't like their music. I'm not pointing my finger at any particular person here but it seems to happen quite a bit. Why someone would write a thread about how bad a band sucks beats me, seems like people would have more contructive things to do, maybe like pick up an instrument and play their own music. confused13.gif

OK Hilary is cool....She's a good singer and I like her stuff but...I don't think she is the greatest singer of all time..and Good Charlotte....good god...I had to play Anthem for a battle of the bands...Worst band EVER ALIVE

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 28 2005, 11:43 PM)
OK Hilary is cool....She's a good singer and I like her stuff but...I don't think she is the greatest singer of all time..and Good Charlotte....good god...I had to play Anthem for a battle of the bands...Worst band EVER ALIVE

You HAD to play that song? That would suck, I don't think I could do a battle of the bands unless I liked the songs we played. Is that the song the rest of your band wanted to play or did they tell you that you had to play that song?

That's the only song I've heard from Good Charlotte, and I only heard one Hilary Duff song too, something like "la la la I wish it would rain down on me la la la la I wish it would rainnnnnn down on meeeeee" lol something like that. I've heard worse but nothing I would run out and buy. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 28 2005, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 28 2005, 11:43 PM)

You HAD to play that song? That would suck, I don't think I could do a battle of the bands unless I liked the songs we played. Is that the song the rest of your band wanted to play or did they tell you that you had to play that song?

That's the only song I've heard from Good Charlotte, and I only heard one Hilary Duff song too, something like "la la la I wish it would rain down on me la la la la I wish it would rainnnnnn down on meeeeee" lol something like that. I've heard worse but nothing I would run out and buy. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah actaully it was weird...I was backstage and the drummer for the one band disappeared....so I filled in. LMAO....I can see why he left...the song was Horrible! bolt.gif

I think of Good Charlotte as basicly an EMO band that bought a overdrive pedal. They are a wound on the back of music. They were live on MTV and they looked like complete idiots. Why do they need so many guitarists they sound like a blind monkey could Iump the same three chord sold out punk riffs. The only real punk bands existed before 1983. Yes, i sound opinitated but basicly I'm sick of bands like this getting all the attention and being called fantastic rock and taking the well deserved limelight away form deserving bands. It basicly started with MTV putting bands with cool music videos and tight pants and shirts in the spotlight and putting real bands on the back burner. That is just my opinion but look who is getting all the attention and money and called to have great talent. Britney Spears couldn't hold a match when compared to the likes of Pat Benatar. There was a real musician.

Actually, Good Charlotte aren't and "emo" band. They don't belong to the genre. They're nothing more than pop-rock.

I'm not a fan of "emo" music, but almost none of the "dark" bands on TV and radio today are actually part of that genre.

And even though you don't like the music, you could still respect people that do. I mean, I don't like it either, but I don't go around yelling at people that do. It's their opinion, let them have it.

It's not like MTV forces you to watch their programs.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 28 2005, 10:43 PM)

actually if you really listened to her voice you'd realize she's not a good singer at all. her voice is really weak. maybe it sounds like she can hit some good notes but that's cuz she hardly uses her voice at all, it's not very powerful.

Archived